New Topic Respond to this Topic
mrray06
mrray06
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
looking for some rap beats May. 24th, 2012 @ 08:52 AM Reply

im looking for some nice rap beats to use on my new mixtape. check me out and if u like what u hear and u make beats get at me i know its alot of talented people on here so plz help ya boy im in desperate need of sum new material

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 24th, 2012 @ 09:04 AM Reply

Hm...... I am not a rap fan myself, but I sense a mainstream-ish mentality going on. Rap beats to be slapped on a mixtape? That's not originality. Plus, a number of major recording companies are responsible for giving us this kind of drivel.

You know when people would salute you? They would salute you if you made your own backing music and rapped on it. People would not only tip their hats off to you for rapping; they'd also respect you for not following that cheap trend that everyone else does.

AMDG ✝

Troisnyx [TWRA-nix]: Someone from whom you can find wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

BBS Signature
mrray06
mrray06
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 24th, 2012 @ 09:08 AM Reply

At 5/24/12 09:04 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Hm...... I am not a rap fan myself, but I sense a mainstream-ish mentality going on. Rap beats to be slapped on a mixtape? That's not originality. Plus, a number of major recording companies are responsible for giving us this kind of drivel.

You know when people would salute you? They would salute you if you made your own backing music and rapped on it. People would not only tip their hats off to you for rapping; they'd also respect you for not following that cheap trend that everyone else does.

dats da problem i dnt know how to make beats if i did i most certainly would but if anyboy out there does and wanna let me use em get at me

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 24th, 2012 @ 09:37 AM Reply

Not sure where to begin, but I'd like to help if you'd like to learn to make your own. I mean, keep the request up, but remember also that you've got a whole lot of us who are willing to help you and answer any sequencing/music questions.

AMDG ✝

Troisnyx [TWRA-nix]: Someone from whom you can find wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 24th, 2012 @ 09:41 AM Reply

If you look through BigRed's news posts - especially those with updates for ClabTrap 2012, the January 2012 battles, the Winter 2011 battles, and NewGrounds Hip Hop Competition 2010 and 2011, you'll find plenty of beats.

On top of that Rama and feckthisshet are two really good beatmakers.

mrray06
mrray06
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 24th, 2012 @ 11:40 AM Reply

At 5/24/12 09:37 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Not sure where to begin, but I'd like to help if you'd like to learn to make your own. I mean, keep the request up, but remember also that you've got a whole lot of us who are willing to help you and answer any sequencing/music questions.

i tried using fruity loops but far as i can get is the basic drum patterns when it comes down to putting strings and other instruments in im lost

mrray06
mrray06
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 24th, 2012 @ 11:41 AM Reply

At 5/24/12 09:41 AM, RampantMusik wrote: If you look through BigRed's news posts - especially those with updates for ClabTrap 2012, the January 2012 battles, the Winter 2011 battles, and NewGrounds Hip Hop Competition 2010 and 2011, you'll find plenty of beats.

On top of that Rama and feckthisshet are two really good beatmakers.

thanks alot man i really appreciate it

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 24th, 2012 @ 07:10 PM Reply

At 5/24/12 11:40 AM, mrray06 wrote:
At 5/24/12 09:37 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Not sure where to begin, but I'd like to help if you'd like to learn to make your own. I mean, keep the request up, but remember also that you've got a whole lot of us who are willing to help you and answer any sequencing/music questions.
i tried using fruity loops but far as i can get is the basic drum patterns when it comes down to putting strings and other instruments in im lost

No worries there! DM me for pointers. Otherwise, there's the thread on FL Studio questions right here in this forum.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 24th, 2012 @ 07:31 PM Reply

since when did rappers have to make their own backing tracks?

p.s. i am gay

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 24th, 2012 @ 08:44 PM Reply

At 5/24/12 07:31 PM, midimachine wrote: since when did rappers have to make their own backing tracks?

Does it mean they don't have to? You wanna make a name for yourself, buck the trend.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 24th, 2012 @ 09:00 PM Reply

At 5/24/12 07:31 PM, midimachine wrote: since when did rappers have to make their own backing tracks?

Anyone still remember Timbaland?

RealNC
RealNC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 25th, 2012 @ 03:29 AM Reply

At 5/24/12 08:52 AM, mrray06 wrote: im looking for some nice rap beats to use on my new mixtape.

You could upload some acapellas somewhere (SoundCloud?) and ask people to create beats for them. You then pick what you like.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 29th, 2012 @ 12:28 AM Reply

The purpose of being a rapper is to be the best LYRICIST. It is not necessary to make your own backing tracks...that is a different discipline, and as someone who studies rap for real, and is actually a fan of the music (as well as classical music, metal, dubstep, etc.) people should know the culture before stating what is mainstream and what is not.

One of the main purposes in rap is the remix - taking someone else's backing track and flipping it a totally new lyrical way. If the kid asks for beats, just give the kid beats, not a speech.

killbillvolume2.newgrounds.com
mainstreambeats.newgrounds.com
axtekk.newgrounds.com

3 of the best

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 29th, 2012 @ 07:33 AM Reply

I'll gladly give beats where I can, but in all honesty, I find that is not setting himself apart, even if he were to follow the discipline and do it lyrically. When people get known for their music, it is because they do things outside their genre's norms.

I'm for getting people to set themselves apart, and I respectfully disagree with you.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
HalcyonicFalconX
HalcyonicFalconX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 29th, 2012 @ 12:15 PM Reply

At 5/29/12 12:28 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: One of the main purposes in rap is the remix - taking someone else's backing track and flipping it a totally new lyrical way. If the kid asks for beats, just give the kid beats, not a speech.

I'll agree with that statement. I think the biggest misunderstanding of hip hop is what counts as original and different and what isn't. Sampling and laying lyrics on beats have been considered "unoriginal" for quite a while, but there is quite a lot of originality and uniqueness to be had in those.

At 5/29/12 07:33 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:

:When people get known for their music, it is because they do things outside their genre's norms.

Sometimes breaking out of the box is great and will get you noticed. I myself am a huge proponent of disregarding genre boundaries in my music. However sometimes it's good to see someone who's a true artist at one genre instead of trying to be jack-of-all-trades making music in washed-up genre blends of current era pop culture.

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 29th, 2012 @ 01:18 PM Reply

At 5/29/12 12:28 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:

^Thank you sir.

www.killbillproductions.com I have all the beats you need homie.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 29th, 2012 @ 09:32 PM Reply

At 5/29/12 07:33 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: I'll gladly give beats where I can, but in all honesty, I find that is not setting himself apart, even if he were to follow the discipline and do it lyrically. When people get known for their music, it is because they do things outside their genre's norms.

I'm for getting people to set themselves apart, and I respectfully disagree with you.

I doubt you would ask Christina Aguilera to make her own beats. Most of the time comments like yours, from ppl who do not understand the genre, come from folks who think rapping is somehow less artistic than other forms of audial expression and somehow needs some kind of a boost in order to legitimize itself musically (in your case, the rapper must make beats also, instead of just being the absolute best lyricist on the planet).

BBS Signature
mrray06
mrray06
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 29th, 2012 @ 11:18 PM Reply

At 5/29/12 01:18 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
At 5/29/12 12:28 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
^Thank you sir.

www.killbillproductions.com I have all the beats you need homie.

thanks homeboy nice shit too soon as im done wit da 1st track it will be posted.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 30th, 2012 @ 03:12 AM Reply

Mleh. I don't really do this, but I do have these two instrumentals that were built up for a rapper for some socal production studio and they never got used. Feel free to use them.

• - LD - Immobile Flute
    - LD - Immobile Flute by LogicalDefiance

Logical Defiance - Immobile Flute : A vintage style jazzy hip hop tune with a poppy beat

Score
    4.33 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
  • - LD - Follow the Sines
    - LD - Follow the Sines by LogicalDefiance

Logical Defiance - Follow the Sines: an instrumental hip hop pieces designed for vocals

Score
    4.31 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 30th, 2012 @ 05:01 AM Reply

At 5/29/12 09:32 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 5/29/12 07:33 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: I'll gladly give beats where I can, but in all honesty, I find that is not setting himself apart, even if he were to follow the discipline and do it lyrically. When people get known for their music, it is because they do things outside their genre's norms.

I doubt you would ask Christina Aguilera to make her own beats. Most of the time comments like yours, from ppl who do not understand the genre, come from folks who think rapping is somehow less artistic than other forms of audial expression and somehow needs some kind of a boost in order to legitimize itself musically (in your case, the rapper must make beats also, instead of just being the absolute best lyricist on the planet).

I'm not in anyway saying the genre is inferior, all this while I was looking at the individual -- what can he do to set himself apart? Granted, I've heard some good rappers who never made their own beats, following the industry's standard. But there are just so many of them! That's the whole point.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 30th, 2012 @ 12:12 PM Reply

At 5/30/12 05:01 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: I'm not in anyway saying the genre is inferior, all this while I was looking at the individual -- what can he do to set himself apart? Granted, I've heard some good rappers who never made their own beats, following the industry's standard. But there are just so many of them! That's the whole point.

There's so many everybody. There's just more rap out there cuz dumbasses think they can put out some bullshit on Soundcloud and call it rap.

There are just as many bad piano players/harp players/country singers out there; they just don't post cuz rap is the easiest genre to record. Everything else takes a real mixing board and real money to record.

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 30th, 2012 @ 09:48 PM Reply

At 5/30/12 12:12 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: There's so many everybody. There's just more rap out there cuz dumbasses think they can put out some bullshit on Soundcloud and call it rap.

There are just as many bad piano players/harp players/country singers out there; they just don't post cuz rap is the easiest genre to record. Everything else takes a real mixing board and real money to record.

I dunno man, I think there's a lot of skill and knowledge involved in making a solid recording of a good vocal performance, regardless of the style or genre.

That said, I thought the harp player example was kinda funny - if you play harp you really can't afford to be bad at it!

p.s. i am gay

jesusgonzaleztheprou
jesusgonzaleztheprou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 30th, 2012 @ 10:29 PM Reply

At 5/24/12 08:52 AM, mrray06 wrote: im looking for some nice rap beats to use on my new mixtape. check me out and if u like what u hear and u make beats get at me i know its alot of talented people on here so plz help ya boy im in desperate need of sum new material

i make hip hop beats checkm out and send me a email if interested
[email protected]

(music page)
http://soundcloud.com/jesusgonzaleztheproducer

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to looking for some rap beats May. 31st, 2012 @ 07:50 AM Reply

At 5/30/12 09:48 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 5/30/12 12:12 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Stuff
More stuff

Senator: You make a fair point. : )

Midimachine: I've gotta agree with you on the harp bit!

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature