Be a Supporter!

Friend is Contemplating Suicide

  • 1,372 Views
  • 39 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
PixelCake
PixelCake
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Friend is Contemplating Suicide May. 24th, 2012 @ 11:21 PM Reply

I...don't think newgrounds is the right place to look for help with anything serious...
I mean...the art portal has had illustrated child porn glorifying rape before. I don't think this is the right community to OUT ME about my suicidal attempts and issues...but thank you..I appreciate the move none the less.

I am open about it on tumblr but not so much on newgrounds because I know the community here. I might have mentioned it before but I presume no one remembered.

I've been suicidal for 4 years now and even lived through my own mother telling me to go kill myself with honest encouragement. My depression is up and down with my medication.

At 5/24/12 08:34 AM, Xergozy wrote: People telling her to not kill herself on the internet isn't gonna do anything.

it's a lot better than people telling me to off myself

At 5/24/12 12:48 PM, Jin wrote: She feeds on attention. Give her some or she dies.

yes I'm a HUGE attention whore
I love scaring people when I am asking for help in the only way I can when my mental state is out of my control
it's how I photosynthesize

At 5/24/12 03:16 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 5/24/12 02:07 PM, davohsaurus wrote: After 5 seconds of being on her tumblr, I find she's on Zoloft.

That can be a contributing factor.
Does this mean she's incapable of sorting out her problems herself?

SSRIs can affect you very negatively and make you worse than ever
I just switched to Zoloft the other day and I was in such a bad down cycle I felt out of body
like I was someone else in this body and I didn't belong

Antidepressants aren't a silverbullet :<

At 5/24/12 05:13 PM, Dew wrote:
At 5/24/12 01:25 PM, bgraybr wrote:
At 5/24/12 12:29 PM, Xergozy wrote: If someone wants to kill themselves they're not gonna stop because some random people they've never met before say that they're life means something. It's not trolling, if you wanna stop a suicide you're gonna have to be there physically... or know her atleast.
I've had this convo with others before, the bottom line is you're wrong.

Indeed...my online friends are just as important as my irl ones...especially since I moved away and knew some of them in person.
Though...having strangers tell me my life is worth living is really off-putting. You don't know anything about me...it might work for others but it's...just like a nice sentiment that doesn't come from a really sincere place.

At 5/24/12 05:29 PM, saqwert wrote: NG delivers. Hurr

THAT WAS YOU?!

At 5/24/12 05:31 PM, kisame wrote: I told her to get on with it or get over yourself.

had you caught me at the wrong time I would have cut over that

At 5/24/12 10:22 PM, PuRpLe-KusH wrote: Tell her not to do it, and ask her to pray to God and ask him for help.

He always comes through no doubt about it, and whatever may be dressing it's never worth taking life which is so fragile to begin with

Awkward. I'm an atheist.


Your resident cutie patootie!

PixelCake
PixelCake
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Friend is Contemplating Suicide May. 24th, 2012 @ 11:23 PM Reply

At 5/24/12 11:22 PM, Travis wrote: Another Ohio user? There seems to be a lot of those.

Ok... someone needs to contact her family first and foremost.

My family knows and is watching me. They forced me to go to the doctor.


Your resident cutie patootie!

GhostOfHalloween
GhostOfHalloween
  • Member since: Oct. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Friend is Contemplating Suicide May. 24th, 2012 @ 11:25 PM Reply

At 5/24/12 11:23 PM, PixelCake wrote: My family knows and is watching me. They forced me to go to the doctor.

they need to put you down like a dying dog

you are a PROBLEM CHILD

PixelCake
PixelCake
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Friend is Contemplating Suicide May. 24th, 2012 @ 11:27 PM Reply

At 5/24/12 11:25 PM, Travis wrote:
At 5/24/12 11:23 PM, PixelCake wrote:
At 5/24/12 11:22 PM, Travis wrote: Another Ohio user? There seems to be a lot of those.

Ok... someone needs to contact her family first and foremost.
My family knows and is watching me. They forced me to go to the doctor.
In this case, suicide isn't worth it.

Figure out some shit you want to experience in life and go find a new appreciation for it, because suicide just isn't worth it.

to explain it in a nutshell
Upcycles are when you feel okay
downcycles are when you feel like killing yourself
I don't have downcycles constantly, just a few times a day


Your resident cutie patootie!

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Friend is Contemplating Suicide May. 24th, 2012 @ 11:30 PM Reply

Nah, you'd be surprised how supportive NGers CAN be.

People sometimes assume people who talk about suicide are attention whores. While this is the case with few people, it is dangerous to assume. At least when a person talks about it, they are looking for a different way out.

I'm on the SSRI citalopram and the only side effect that I get is nausea from movement if I go over 10mg.

You must be feeling a lot of pain but suicide doesn't have to be the only way to stop the pain and get away from it, although it may seem like the only way sometimes.

I hope you take care of yourself, remove negative people from your life, and are able to move on and feel less pain.

Here's a site I've been told about before.


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
PixelCake
PixelCake
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Friend is Contemplating Suicide May. 24th, 2012 @ 11:35 PM Reply

At 5/24/12 11:30 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Nah, you'd be surprised how supportive NGers CAN be.

People sometimes assume people who talk about suicide are attention whores. While this is the case with few people, it is dangerous to assume. At least when a person talks about it, they are looking for a different way out.

I'm on the SSRI citalopram and the only side effect that I get is nausea from movement if I go over 10mg.

You must be feeling a lot of pain but suicide doesn't have to be the only way to stop the pain and get away from it, although it may seem like the only way sometimes.

I hope you take care of yourself, remove negative people from your life, and are able to move on and feel less pain.

Here's a site I've been told about before.

Thank you for the link! I was on Citalopram for a few months but it was giving me vivid, violent nightmares that would make me wake up into a down cycle

I was on 10 mg as well for the same reason and the heart palpitations

At 5/24/12 11:30 PM, Travis wrote:
At 5/24/12 11:27 PM, PixelCake wrote: to explain it in a nutshell
Upcycles are when you feel okay
downcycles are when you feel like killing yourself
I don't have downcycles constantly, just a few times a day
I completely understand that. Fighting through the down times is the worst.

Maybe you need to change your daily routine to spark some interest so you can power through the down times?

Well I am changing my diet and I got a bike so I can exercise to help but right now I'm not doing a whole not else
though my main doctor wants me to go to a psych and I am not excited about that...


Your resident cutie patootie!

Ynogram
Ynogram
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Friend is Contemplating Suicide May. 25th, 2012 @ 01:37 PM Reply

I know you don't like consolations from strangers ... but you're a lovely artist, and I'd like to see more from you. :)

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Friend is Contemplating Suicide May. 25th, 2012 @ 01:57 PM Reply

At 5/24/12 11:30 PM, Sensationalism wrote: People sometimes assume people who talk about suicide are attention whores. While this is the case with few people, it is dangerous to assume.

Yeah, you really should always take this sort of thing seriously, because it could be genuine. Imagine being a dick and making fun of someone about it, and then finding out they did it. Never take it lightly.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to Friend is Contemplating Suicide May. 25th, 2012 @ 03:55 PM Reply

Bahaha you like Foo Fighters.


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Junko9
Junko9
  • Member since: Mar. 17, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Friend is Contemplating Suicide May. 25th, 2012 @ 03:59 PM Reply

So much wonderful things you can do in this planet. I don't think I'm going back to Mars.


>> How to Get a Girl? << Even when you think you don't have the looks or money, it will work! SERIOUSLY??!