DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-17 23:07:46 Reply

At 6/17/12 11:01 PM, dlxrevolution wrote:
At 6/17/12 10:51 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Miami Heat leading the series 2-1. I am a heat fan, is anybody else?
Can I hear an Amen???

Think the Heat can win the series in five or six or seven games?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-17 23:12:51 Reply

I'm still optimistic about the Thunder in Game 4, at least. Just have to reduce the shit-ton of errors down the stretch and foul trouble for Durant was a real killer.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-17 23:46:48 Reply

At 6/17/12 11:08 PM, Travis wrote:
At 6/17/12 10:56 PM, CockGobbler wrote:
Oh and LeBron, went 1/2 on those last free throws... couldn't make both. I guarantee Michael woulda made both.

So what, they won the game. Plus, could you please stop comparing MJ to Lebron?, it's the media who's trying to compared Lebron to MJ while the rest of us knew that there was no way that Lebron was going to be the next MJ to begin with, even hardcore Cavalier fans. Plus, even Michael missed free throws in the 4th quarter too, so a empty guarantee like that is simply rabble.

From what I did see, the Heat kept trying to give the game away, but for some reason the Thunder decided to be terrible with their free throws tonight.

You sure about that?, because from what I saw, it look like the Thunder was trying to get ahead, and the Heat toughened up and responded. So much for your argument that Miami melts down when in the 4th quarter, because I saw quite the opposite in this game.

It also seemed like the Thunder were really off key in the last 4 or so minutes. Like they didn't really look like a flowing team, but rather 5 guys who were desperate. I am sure that they will calm down and be ready for the next few games.

Or from a different perspective, it looked like Miami was the more experienced team, {but not old like the Spurs or Celtics} and knew what to do when OKC was getting close. When they get their heads on straight, the Big 3 of Miami cannot be stopped, because you never know which one of them will go off and score 40+ points in a game. If I was you, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the Heat, especially since that they have been down in a series before and come back to win, never mind the fact that they are now up 2 games to 1 in this series.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Bolo
Bolo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-18 00:44:27 Reply

I don't care for either team in the finals, particularly. It amuses me to see Oklahoma City not getting the calls they were getting in game 6 of the Western Conference Finals, and at the same time I pity them for having to face the officiating that once favored them immensely.

Ultimately, I think Oklahoma City will probably win this series in seven games. All it would take is one win in Miami to steal back home court. I think they will achieve that one win in game 4, drop game 5, head back to OKC and close out the last two. I hate to say it, but OKC is a dynasty-in-waiting.

BBS Signature
Bolo
Bolo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-18 01:28:16 Reply

At 6/18/12 01:14 AM, CockGobbler wrote: Also Kevin Durant missed 2 free throws in a very key moment as well. So much for Kevin Durant having better clutch than LeBron. No matter what you say you can't deny that LeBron has been playing very well lately in the 4th quarter, and KD has been falling behind. Still excited to see what will happen in the next few games. I think Miami will win one of the next two and OKC will win game 6, bringing it to a 7 game series.

Listen, I like Lebron James, but Kevin Durant has been straight up amazing in the 4th quarter. Hasn't he routinely scored 14-16 points in the fourth quarter through most of the tough playoff games, including the finals? I'm positive that's more than James has scored. I know for a fact that that James only scored 7 4th quarter points in game 1. Tonight he made 1/3 shots from the field in the 4th, and I believe he went to the free throw line once, hitting 1/2 shots.

Lebron is a great player, easily the best two-way player in the game, but Kevin Durant is hands-down better in the 4th quarters I've seen so far in the finals. Without the touch fouls being called on him tonight, Durant probably would have taken more than the 3 shots in the 4th quarter that he actually took.

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-18 03:21:19 Reply

LOL, if The Thunder didn't miss the majority of their free-throws the outcome of this game could have been different but now will never know. The Heat made almost all their free-throws tonight. You can see the Experience vs Youth factor showing up in the finals. Every point matters and The Heat seem to know this more than the Thunder.

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-18 12:40:26 Reply

At 6/18/12 01:33 AM, CockGobbler wrote:

Of course KD is better than LeBron in 4th quarters, but in the last 2 games LeBron has shown up in clutch situations and KD hasn't. My post was more at the fact that Travis always says LeBron plays terrible 4th quarters and uses Michael Jordan as an example as to why LeBron isn't good, and then says KD is great. He says LeBron only got 1/2 of his free throws in a clutch situation blah blah blah but KD got 0/2. Obviously no mention about that. Neither of them will ever be as good as Michael Jordan and although KD is better in clutch, LeBron has been showing up especially in the last 2 games.

Using Michael Jordan as an example was never really fair unless idiots tried to compare the players to him. Otherwise, I really think Michael Jordan should be banned from use in discussion because it was never really fair from the start. The thing is that some people would pulled out the Jordan card for an easy win even when the argument has nothing to do with him in the first place.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
dlxrevolution
dlxrevolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-18 18:13:55 Reply

This is all I'm saying...

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-19 20:53:00 Reply

Ten minutes until game time!

This is a must win game for both sides.

I mean the team formerly known as the Sonics needs to win this to even up the series. At the same time, the Heat needs to win this once to push the series to 3-1, especially since they were in the same position last year and you know what that ended.

This one will sure be tough.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-19 22:16:23 Reply

The announcers said something about queen D-wade hurting her Vag.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-19 22:50:13 Reply

Why was that a foul shot for Lebron James when Shawn Battier shoved Fisher into Lebron James?

The Officials are horrible... And James made the 2 points too, this is ridiculous.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-19 22:51:33 Reply

This is ridiculous, they keep putting Lebron at the line when he shouldn't be at the line again. The announcers just said this isn't a foul and he is at the line again.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-19 22:57:39 Reply

They just need to get rid of The Officials and let these guys play street ball. They're not getting paid millions for nothing. The Officials fucked up game 3 and they're not doing that good in this one either.

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-19 23:09:18 Reply

At 6/19/12 10:52 PM, Travis wrote: OH GOOD FUCKING LORD.

How the hell was that a foul after the rough play I've seen all game, why is Durant at the line?

Seriously this is awfully inconsistent refereeing.

Probably one of those makeup calls by the refs.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-19 23:25:16 Reply

At 6/19/12 11:21 PM, CockGobbler wrote: Umm, did LeBron James actually just hurt his knee in the last 5 minutes of an extremely important finals game?

You're fucking kidding, right?

In a very critical time where the Heat need a win, one of the start players hurts his knee. If he ends up tearing his ACL, it's going to be like what happened to the Bulls.

Except the Heat still have Wade and Bosh but still, I kinda doubt they'll be able to compete against Durant who is basically LeBron's counterpart.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-19 23:29:29 Reply

At 6/19/12 11:28 PM, CockGobbler wrote:

He's back now was only out for a minute and he hit a very clutch 3 in a tied game. Go heat!

Quite a scare for a bit.

I was checking out the game on Yahoo Sports and one of the commenters was hoping that LeBron did tore up his ACL. The comment sections are always a cesspool.

Granted Yahoo Answers and YouTube are far worse...

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-19 23:41:34 Reply

The Heat will lead the series 3-1.

Can they take one more game or will the team formerly known as the Sonics try to mount the comeback?

Looks like Westbrook finally got himself a big game and it went for naught.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-19 23:42:19 Reply

At 6/17/12 11:12 PM, reverend wrote: ...Just have to reduce the shit-ton of errors....

So much for that.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-19 23:44:00 Reply

At 6/19/12 11:41 PM, CockGobbler wrote: Good Job Westbrick, you fucked up just as bad as Harden the other night.

I love Kevin Durant but Westbrook is the most selfish point guard in the league and Harden's a dumbass. I bet Kevin Durant is so pissed at those two. They could be such a dominating team if Westbrook played his fucking position and Harden wasn't a showoff.

That will make it worse for Westbrook.

I remember how dumbasses in Yahoo Answers accuses Rose of being "selfish" except he didn't have the support that Westbrook has.

Granted, the Rose bashing was made just to pump up Rajon Woundo despite the fact that he has the Celtic's "Big 3" to pass to.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-19 23:54:14 Reply

At 6/19/12 11:41 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Can they take one more game or will the team formerly known as the Sonics try to mount the comeback?

I really can't see the Heat losing this series now. Even if they do lose Game 5, I don't think it'll matter that much considering that they did beat OKC at home once already.

Looks like Westbrook finally got himself a big game and it went for naught.

Is it me, or is Durant not getting enough of the ball? I mean, he did have 28 points and all, but I would think that he would lead the team in scoring by this time, but I guess that's what happens when Westbrook gets on a hot streak.

Knowing Travis, I know that he won't give the Heat any credit for showing up after they were down big early, keeping the Thunder within reach and then overtake them in the end. But this is another gutty performance by Lebron and Miami, something that was missing last year, and now seem to have found in this postseason. I know that the series isn't over yet, but no team down 3-1 in the finals have come back to win it all, much less take it to a Game 7, and the Thunder as good as they are, will be no exception to the rule.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-20 00:47:42 Reply

Miami Heat are leading the series 3-1. Can you feel the heat?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-20 01:56:34 Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqsUJtRUx7M

dlxrevolution
dlxrevolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-20 02:11:48 Reply

Miami lead it 3 - 1! Lets go!!!

Does this need to be stated again???

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-20 02:24:10 Reply

Another person

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E36L-l-5b_A

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-20 13:43:56 Reply

At 6/19/12 11:52 PM, CockGobbler wrote:

Please LeBron win one of the next 3 games. Hopefully he's at full strength for game 5. If Miami wins this year I hope OKC does win it next year though. I think the real issue here is lack of experience.

Same here, especially since Rose will be out for the next season the Bulls won't be in the title hunt for that period of time. Just hope they grab Dwight Howard and focus on the year after.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-20 14:08:24 Reply

At 6/20/12 01:46 PM, CockGobbler wrote:

Yeah, this post-season will be a big lesson learner for OKC, just like how Miami learned a lesson last year against the Mavs. And really Rose is out all next season, too? Never knew tearing your ACL was that bad. And then when he finally comes back he's gonna need a long time to get back in his game, too.

Depends on how it'll heal.

If all goes well, who knows? I rather that he play it safe.

As I mentioned before, I want the Bulls to become champions again but they have been hit by series of bad luck lately.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Blazirc
Blazirc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-20 14:17:46 Reply

What if instead of talking about the NBA Finals, we just made jokes about Lebron and the Heat? Anyone?

One good thing about music, is that when it hits you, you feel no pain.

-Bob Marley

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-20 14:18:43 Reply

At 6/20/12 02:09 PM, CockGobbler wrote:

D-Rose is only like 23 so he has plenty of years left to bring the Bulls to a championship.

True but I also don't want it to take too long, the Bulls better not waste his career. I mean Marino had plenty of time and by the end of his career, he still came away with bare fingers except for that loser ring given to SB losers.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-21 04:57:07 Reply

Is today the day Lebron James becomes a champion?

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-21 05:16:55 Reply

At 6/21/12 04:57 AM, TheKlown wrote: Is today the day Lebron James becomes a champion?

That guy might get his first ring today, but he'll never be a champion. That guy is a bitch. I'll never forgive him for that stunt he did with ESPN where he wasted everyone's time with an announcement that took an hour and ended with, "I'm going to Miami, fuck you Ohio."

Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature