00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2012 NBA Playoffs

16,942 Views | 240 Replies

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-08 11:10:09

At 6/8/12 03:32 AM, TheKlown wrote: That is why the NBA fixed it so spurs didn't make it to the finals in 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-PrTuZrXng

Spurs don't bring ratings.

Playing efficient and fundamental basketball is boring but that's what works well. Duncan might probably be the most boring HOFer in the history of NBA (though I felt his career was stained due to 2004 Olympics, I know it wasn't really his fault but still, I wished he came back for 2008).

The ratings declined since MJ's second retirement so the drop off happens, Shaq was able to bring it up a little but even that wasn't much.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-08 13:27:48

At 6/8/12 01:07 PM, CockGobbler wrote: Miami vs Thunder should have really good ratings. People will want to see Durant beat LeBron.

People want to see LeBron win a championship.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-08 14:11:34

At 6/8/12 01:59 PM, CockGobbler wrote: No they don't. A solid like 7 people want to see LeBron win. Everyone hates Miami. Everyone wants to see Durant win.

I disagree. Maimi Fans want to see King James get a ring.

IMO LeBron and CB should both have rings and DWade shouldn't.

Wade does have a ring, but could use another.

I find it funny that almost everybody on NG is a Miami Heat Hater. I think I am the only fan they have on this site. Oh well, what can you do.

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-08 14:20:59

At 6/8/12 02:15 PM, CockGobbler wrote: I'm a Miami fan, but not because I like Miami. I don't have a favourite team in the NBA now that the Raptors suck, I'm not much for favourite teams. My favourite players are LeBron James and Chris Bosh and it just so happened that they moved to the same team, so I love watching Miami play, and I really want them to win.

I guess I am old school. I root for my local team. Miami Heat, Miami Dolpins, and Miami Marlins.
I hear so much crap about being a Miami Dolphins fan. Its a good thing I have The Heat to keep my spirits up.

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-08 19:50:37

I wonder who the genius was to have 3 big events on one night probably around the same time. Devils vs Kings(probably will have low ratings because I don't think many expect Devils to come back and make this a series), Heat vs Celtics game 7, and Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-09 01:15:58

Boxing fans believe game 7 of Heat/Celtics will affect the ppv sales of Manny/Bradley. I agree, I'm expecting ppv numbers to be very horrible now, I don't even think the ppv sales were going to be all that great to begin with since Bradley isn't really known to casual fans. Also, I'm picking the upset in the fight and I think Bradley wins a decision. I like both fighters, and have been following Manny since 1997 but I don't know how much more Manny can do this and Mannys made the big bucks. I don't think Bradley has came close to make the money Manny has. Meaning I believe Bradley is very motivated, plus Bradley has a solid resume. He's not one of those chumps that are only defeated because he fought crap fighters, Bradley has a good resume.

These are the two outcomes I can see happening in the fight. Manny by Knockout because I don't think Bradley can take Manny's power because unlike Holt, I believe Bradley won't be getting up from a shot Pacquiao delivers since I think Pacquiao is a little bit stronger than Holt. Or Bradley by decision. Manny can win a decision but I think it favors Manny if he tries to make this a brawl and not a boxing match. Will see, this fight is quite interesting, and interests me more than Pacquiao/Floyd. I think Floyd's all wrong for Pacquiao and I don't know how much Pacquiao has left in the tank.

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-09 02:33:33

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Good-Job-Good-Effort-Heat -Fan-Tells-Team-Not-To-Give-Up-157615025.html

The kid is interviewed! He is famous! I bet more ppl do stuff like this now. It gives them publicity. :D

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-09 13:03:36

All the Lebron haters may now commence.

XD

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-09 14:51:53

Pulling for Thunder and the Heat in the finals.

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-09 16:05:46

At 6/9/12 02:33 AM, TheKlown wrote: http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Good-Job-Good-Effort-Heat -Fan-Tells-Team-Not-To-Give-Up-157615025.html

The kid is interviewed! He is famous! I bet more ppl do stuff like this now. It gives them publicity. :D

I think we all know Lebron dropped 30 in the first half for that kid.

I do hope the Heat win again just to watch Boston's 'Era' finally come to an end. I don't expect much out of the Heat but if Lebron pulls out more games like Game 6, and he is good enough to, then maybe the Heat will make it a series.

All I know is OKC v Boston would be horribly sad and boring as the Thunder roll over a bunch of withered old has beens who have long overstayed their welcome.

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-09 16:07:42

Wilt Chamberlain is the greatest basketball player ever.

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-09 16:12:22

At 6/9/12 02:38 PM, CockGobbler wrote:
Really? You think all of those people are better than LeBron James?
I don't even know if you're trolling me or not. At this point I feel like you made that top 10 list without LeBron JUST because you don't like the guy, and had no regard for his actual talent. I've never heard someone say Tim Duncan is better than LeBron before. And Shaq? Yeah he has the rings but.. Better than LeBron? Ehh... Bill Russell? If you don't like guys because they are dicks then I don't even know why you can stand that guy. He credited the 9peat or 8peat or whatever it was by the Celtics entirely to him, saying if the players on his team weren't playing with him they wouldn't have been good. Wilt is also a huge dick stating he could hit 70 pts a game in today's game. But they are great players, hard to say if they compare with today's players simply because the game is so different. Their accomplishments land them a spot in the top 10 though, I agree with that.

Wilt Chamberlain is dead. He can't state that he could score 70 points in a game seeing how he died in 1999. But Chamberlain would probably rape most of the players today, he is probably the greatest player to ever play the game.

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-09 18:58:43

Pacquiao-Bradley Will Not Go Head To Head With The NBA

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-bradley-not-go-head-head -with-nba--53756

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-09 21:58:26

At 6/9/12 09:37 PM, CockGobbler wrote: Wonder if bron and wade will show up in the second half, at least Chris is

They will have to if they want another shot at the Finals.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-09 22:36:14

73-73 at the start of the 4th.
Who wants it more!

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-09 22:36:58

Fourth quarter just started and it's tied 73-73. I hate sports.

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-09 22:38:14

At 6/9/12 10:36 PM, reverend wrote: 73-73 at the start of the 4th.
Who wants it more!

As old as the cliche is, hopefully the Heats.

The Heat/Thunder series is what America wants.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-09 23:03:09

Now the Heat is on for the Celtics as LeBron found a fourth quarter. If the Heats can keep this up, the post-Michael Jordan dream series may finally happen!

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-09 23:06:43

At 6/9/12 11:03 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Now the Heat is on for the Celtics as LeBron found a fourth quarter. If the Heats can keep this up, the post-Michael Jordan dream series may finally happen!

I'm giving the clutch medal to Chris Bosh on this game.

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-09 23:31:40

I don't care who wins the final, I'm just glad the Celts are now out!

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-09 23:59:33

At 6/9/12 11:31 PM, VGmasters wrote: I don't care who wins the final, I'm just glad the Celts are now out!

NO NO NO NOO! A THOUSAND TIMES NO!
I do not want to put up with Lebron Judas and Co. in the NBA Finals again!!!

And I have a strong feeling that this team WILL WIN IT ALL. Six or seven games. :(

You know what else: I am not a fan of the NBA. I don't really care about basketball. But I do not want that guy winning a championship. The Celtics may be one of the six relevant teams in the NBA Reality Show, but damn it, it beats having the Heat on the big stage!

It will be 10,000 times NO if the Heat win it all. And will show that selling out makes you a winner.

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-10 01:07:49

At 6/10/12 01:03 AM, Travis wrote:
At 6/10/12 12:03 AM, CockGobbler wrote: Loved the Spurs, hoped they'd win but kind of wished OKC would because Miami would have an easier time on OKC.
Lol what?

No... OKC ran the Spurs once they got down to business.

I have a feeling they are going to run the Heat to.

The Heat will put up a battle. OKC will have to fight for it.

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-10 01:55:46

Though it was a disappointment to see the Heat no choke i gotta say it's going to be one exciting NBA Finals that i will be at the local sports bar for every game and already have $100 on the Thunder against a buddy of mine who is going for the Heat.

Gotta love an Elemental NBA Finals. ^_^

2012 NBA Playoffs

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-11 11:17:09

At 6/11/12 11:12 AM, CockGobbler wrote: One more day until finals guys! So close!

Oh and Travis, you have still yet to show me a list of the top 10 players in the NBA right now that doesn't include LeBron, because you did in fact say that he's not one of the best in the world right now. I would love to see a list without LeBron, because if you can honestly say he's not top 10 in the league even though he won MVP 3 times and most critics say he's the best or at least top 3, then it will be clear that you are either trolling or just REALLY hate LeBron.

Some people can be stubborn.

I mean, there is this guy on YouTube who claimed that Dan Marino has enough running support to win. I asked him for the yard per attempt ranking and he said that it doesn't matter.

If you're interested, I could PM you the link.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-11 11:41:37

At 6/11/12 11:23 AM, CockGobbler wrote:

I don't really follow football but I assume it's really stupid? I just can't comprehend how someone can say LeBron isn't even one of the best in the league (I said LeBron is objectively one of the best in the world, no argument, Travis said that isn't the case. Best in the world would be synonymous with best in the NBA most likely, and top 10 would easily be one of the best in the NBA). Doesn't make any sense. Most critics put him at number 1, some at number 2, few at number 3, but according to Travis, he isn't even like in the top 10.

Yeah it was stupid, you could ask on the American Football thread at "Clubs & Crews" but it is the offseason so you might not get the response for a time being.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-11 14:30:27

Good work Miami Heat beating Boston. I always knew you could do it.

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-11 18:50:26

LETS GO HEAT!!!

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-12 21:42:46

At 6/12/12 09:28 PM, CockGobbler wrote: Heat up by 9 in the 1st quarter, and are surprisingly playing great team basketball, on the other hand Durant is the only player on his team getting any points.
Go Heat!

So Durant is pretty much in a situation LeBron was back in Cleveland. As I said before, when it comes to Westbrook, he's pretty inconsistent.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-12 23:27:07

The team formerly known as the Sonics are now ahead.

Not looking good for the Heat.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 NBA Playoffs 2012-06-12 23:41:33

At 6/12/12 11:39 PM, CockGobbler wrote: Obvious win for OKC at this point. 30 seconds left with 11 point lead for thunder, no one's gonna pull a tracy mcgrady lol. Disappointing because Heat head a big lead. Hopefully they do better in game 2.

Yeah, although I kinda want the team formerly known as the Supersonics to win but I want the series to go all seven. I mean it's the series America wants and should be treated a s such.

For this to happen, D-Wade would have to perform like he did in 2006. The one that caused people to get pissy with the refs and Dirk to punt the ball.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature