00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

When we're the old ones

678 Views | 15 Replies

When we're the old ones 2012-05-23 01:18:12

When our generation becomes the elderly of the future and are exposed to technology that's new to us, do you think we'd be more likely to embrace it as opposed to the elderly of today?

BBS Signature

Response to When we're the old ones 2012-05-23 01:19:29

weve always been around tchnology when were old the new things just gonna be another new thing

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to When we're the old ones 2012-05-23 01:20:19

i will always be here, so get used to being young forever

BBS Signature

Response to When we're the old ones 2012-05-23 01:27:04

I'd embrace.

I think it would be more likely for us to embrace because we grew in a time of rapid technological advancement, advancement at a rate that has never been seen before in history.

Since we grew up with Tools changing, and advancing every few months, we'll be used to new technology.

Response to When we're the old ones 2012-05-23 01:30:21

All the new kids will be communicating via telepathic implants while the rest of us will still be typing and texting (while driving).

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to When we're the old ones 2012-05-23 01:33:25

At 5/23/12 01:18 AM, MrSoxfan wrote: do you think we'd be more likely to embrace it as opposed to the elderly of today?

Well, we'd certainly hope. Perhaps open-mindedness will be come a conservative trait.

Response to When we're the old ones 2012-05-23 06:25:03

At 5/23/12 01:20 AM, Shade wrote: Fuck that, I'm going to sit on my porch and yell at people.

When I'm old, it's my dream to be like Clint Eastwood's character in Gran Torino.

Anyway, I think we will keep up to date with technology. We were brought up around this stuff and we're always going to want to check out the new stuff. At least I will. Our generation depend on technology for a lot of stuff, where as my Gradad's generation see no real use in a lot of the tech we use. They didn't need it back in their day so they don't need it now.

Although having said that, if technology were to make some kind of unimaginable change as I get older, I might be more reluctant to use it. Some people still think I'm dated because I choose to use XP over Win7, spend more time playing retro games than modern games and stuff like that.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to When we're the old ones 2012-05-23 06:25:42

At 5/23/12 01:20 AM, Shade wrote: Fuck that, I'm going to sit on my porch and yell at people.

This is a good answer.

Jehuty, the ultimate mech!

BBS Signature

Response to When we're the old ones 2012-05-23 07:08:51

At 5/23/12 06:25 AM, Dean wrote: Although having said that, if technology were to make some kind of unimaginable change as I get older, I might be more reluctant to use it. Some people still think I'm dated because I choose to use XP over Win7, spend more time playing retro games than modern games and stuff like that.

I would probably say the same for me. Though I tend to spend more time playing modern games these days, though I always enjoy the classics, too. I do stick with Windows XP, though. So, depending on the technology, I might be a little more accepting, but I'll have my fair share of reluctance.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to When we're the old ones 2012-05-23 10:09:24

At 5/23/12 01:30 AM, Painbringer wrote: All the new kids will be communicating via telepathic implants while the rest of us will still be typing and texting (while driving).

Lol. Made me laugh

No Fap November: 2014 - 2022

BBS Signature

Response to When we're the old ones 2012-05-23 10:25:09

When i am 80 i will go on the NG BBS and scream at stupid teenagers/young adults.
And then they will all go like: ''Who are you to tell me i am stupid?''
And i will be like: ''I'm fucking 80 motherfucker!''

Good times..

BBS Signature

Response to When we're the old ones 2012-05-23 10:26:15

Well definitely I'm not going to act like most all old people do:"Son,these things are too complicated for me". Or at least I'll try to keep up with technology.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to When we're the old ones 2012-05-23 10:28:25

I think that because now children are growing up with computers (unlike myself they were JUST starting to get used in my school when i was in kindergarten, so it was a big grey beast they we weren't allowed to touch) they wil be much more accepting and willing to learn how to use the new equipment. Whereas the elderly population right now (for the most part) could give less of a fuck

BBS Signature

Response to When we're the old ones 2012-05-23 10:33:04

I do that already and im only 20

Response to When we're the old ones 2012-05-23 12:16:49

I think we'll accept new technology better than other generations did. In the past 30 years, look at how far our technology has evolved. Look at cell phones for example. One day, you have the most technologically advanced phone on the market, and the next day, it's obsolete. Imagine all of the technology that will be developed in the next 30 years.

BBS Signature

Response to When we're the old ones 2012-05-23 14:42:39

What the fuck is this "we" business? I'm checking out at 40 so I don't have to deal with being old.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!