New Topic Respond to this Topic
Robotronic94
Robotronic94
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Contacting Gimp? May. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:14 PM Reply

I was wondering if anyone knows how to contact the people at Gimp. I find there website poorly designed, it's often hard to find what you need, and as a result, I have found no way to contact them. I have several suggestions for Gimp, which derive from concerns over the latest release of Gimp.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Artist
Response to Contacting Gimp? May. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:26 PM Reply

At 5/22/12 05:14 PM, Robotronic94 wrote: I was wondering if anyone knows how to contact the people at Gimp. I find there website poorly designed, it's often hard to find what you need, and as a result, I have found no way to contact them. I have several suggestions for Gimp, which derive from concerns over the latest release of Gimp.

You know... cause this took so long to find.
and here is this if you need more direction.
And this, in case you really, really think it is dire to get in touch with them.

so good day to you my good sir...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Robotronic94
Robotronic94
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Contacting Gimp? May. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:31 PM Reply

At 5/22/12 05:26 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 5/22/12 05:14 PM, Robotronic94 wrote: I was wondering if anyone knows how to contact the people at Gimp. I find there website poorly designed, it's often hard to find what you need, and as a result, I have found no way to contact them. I have several suggestions for Gimp, which derive from concerns over the latest release of Gimp.
You know... cause this took so long to find.
and here is this if you need more direction.
And this, in case you really, really think it is dire to get in touch with them.

so good day to you my good sir...

Yeah I found these, but they aren't really what I'm looking for. Why is there no e-mail address to contact a webmaster, or something like that? Why do you have to post on a mailing list? It's weird, overly complicated and saves no time.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Artist
Response to Contacting Gimp? May. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:38 PM Reply

At 5/22/12 05:31 PM, Robotronic94 wrote: Yeah I found these, but they aren't really what I'm looking for. Why is there no e-mail address to contact a webmaster, or something like that? Why do you have to post on a mailing list? It's weird, overly complicated and saves no time.

Because if the bug/idea/question is really that important, then its worth the time to go talk to them in chat or send them a legit letter. I can guarantee that those two methods filter out a shit ton of spam fir the developers.
Also since gimp is an open source program a lot of fixes and plugins are made by individual users rather than a development team

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Contacting Gimp? May. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:39 PM Reply

At 5/22/12 05:31 PM, Robotronic94 wrote: stuff

If only there was a way to look through the internet, A sort of engine maybe, that searched things for you, A search engine if you will, something that had a catchy name AOLA? no, YaWhoo? no.

Maybe something googley but not quite, IF ONLY WE LIVED IN A WORLD WITH THIS ALIEN TECHNOLOGY

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Contacting Gimp? May. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:41 PM Reply

At 5/22/12 05:31 PM, Robotronic94 wrote: Why is there no e-mail address to contact a webmaster, or something like that? Why do you have to post on a mailing list?

To prevent clueless people from filling up their inbox and wasting their time.
You can either try using those links Kinsei passed you, or check out one of the two GIMP forums that I found using Google.
Best of luck to you.

BBS Signature