New Topic Respond to this Topic
TecNoir
TecNoir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 19:17:59 Reply

I'm seeing alot of people going on about how America is corrupt. Bullshit. They don't know what they are talking about. I'm not saying America is or isn't corrupt, people are just going on about something they don't even know about. It's mostly people my age, they are talking about leaving America for all these reason, blah blah blah. Fucking thirteen year olds have no idea how America works. I may be wrong, but it just pisses me of to listen to them say things that they can't even prove.

How does one sig?

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 19:20:25 Reply

America is corrupt as shit, but it has the #1 economy in the world right now.

Of course, that's if you're only concerned about economical justice. If you're talking about civil rights, I suppose Canada has us beat.

Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
GhostOfHalloween
GhostOfHalloween
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 19:20:45 Reply

aipac; proof of corruption

Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 19:22:11 Reply

I don't think 13 year olds arguing about the economy makes them hipsters.

TecNoir
TecNoir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 19:22:43 Reply

At 5/21/12 07:20 PM, Scarface wrote: America is corrupt as shit, but it has the #1 economy in the world right now.

Of course, that's if you're only concerned about economical justice. If you're talking about civil rights, I suppose Canada has us beat.

It may be corrupt, it doesn't matter. They don't know, they are listening to what everyone else is saying even though that is exactly what they are fighting against. What's the word?

Anti-comfortists are btter than comfortists.

How does one sig?

BBS Signature
TecNoir
TecNoir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 19:44:40 Reply

At 5/21/12 07:22 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote: I don't think 13 year olds arguing about the economy makes them hipsters.

It doesn't! They call themselves that.

I shouldn't have ranted like that. I'm sorry guys.

How does one sig?

BBS Signature
TB1ZZL3
TB1ZZL3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 19:55:05 Reply

Hipsters fighting for things looks more like this.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 19:56:59 Reply

At 5/21/12 07:22 PM, TecNoir wrote: Anti-comfortists are btter than comfortists.

Just to confirm, did you mean to say comfortist, or conformist?

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 20:19:12 Reply

Pretty sure their leeching off of other peoples thoughts with no knowledge as to why they think America sucks. They don't know half of what they spew.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
TecNoir
TecNoir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 20:21:20 Reply

At 5/21/12 08:19 PM, II2none wrote: Pretty sure their leeching off of other peoples thoughts with no knowledge as to why they think America sucks. They don't know half of what they spew.

This.

How does one sig?

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 20:36:07 Reply

At 5/21/12 07:20 PM, Scarface wrote: America is corrupt as shit, but it has the #1 economy in the world right now.

It's been corrupt since it's birth.

It's still less corrupt then other nation's though, and still has a decent standard of living.

On topic, Hipsters never have a clue what they are fighting for. Just look at that whole "We are the 99%" stupidness. That's cool, you're the 99%, why should I give my hard earned money to you? Just because you're the majority?

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 20:38:35 Reply

At 5/21/12 07:23 PM, AnonymousOfCali wrote: move to sweden

Unless you have great references and terrific job qualifications, then it will be a haven for you.
If not, then there goes a wasted plan.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 20:51:58 Reply

Not right now...

RyderOmega
RyderOmega
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Filmmaker
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 20:58:03 Reply

America is a shitty place, but it sure is a hell of a lot better than the rest of the world so far.

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature
Anti-pie
Anti-pie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 21:00:32 Reply

Everyone is fucking retarded.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.
Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature
KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 21:01:42 Reply

yeah, Canada totally has us beat in cicil rights. *sarcasm* I'm not saying Canada isn't awesome, because it is. What I am saying though is that you're wrong.

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 21:10:19 Reply

At 5/21/12 08:36 PM, DarkShadowblade wrote:

On topic, Hipsters never have a clue what they are fighting for. Just look at that whole "We are the 99%" stupidness. That's cool, you're the 99%, why should I give my hard earned money to you? Just because you're the majority?

It's not actually your money; this is the problem.

the US Dollar is a currency backed solely by faith in the US people. Remember, we abandoned the gold standard in the depression. Therefore, the people ARE the money. So it's not yours; they're just letting you use it.

Where does money come from? Federal Reserve mint. How does it get to banks? Federally insured loans at a standard rate from the federal reserve.

So bankers aren't loaning out their own money; they lease it from the government and then sell loans at a higher interest rate determined by the market and keep the profit.

In order to keep this system alive, the banks began systematically over appraising homes to increase the amounts of the consumer loans to get more money from the federal reserve into the system.

Then someone popped up a Google map and went; 1K a month to live in a roach trap in manhattan?BULLSHIT.

Then the economy crashed.

So why should you give your 'hard earned dollars' to the 99%? Because if you don't, they'll just take back the blood and flesh that give those dollars value.

Buy lotsa gold, rich motherfucker. Too bad you can't eat it, eh?

My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 21:10:34 Reply

At 5/21/12 09:01 PM, KillerSkull wrote:
At 5/21/12 07:20 PM, Scarface wrote: Of course, that's if you're only concerned about economical justice. If you're talking about civil rights, I suppose Canada has us beat.
yeah, Canada totally has us beat in cicil rights. *sarcasm* I'm not saying Canada isn't awesome, because it is. What I am saying though is that you're wrong.

Oh, right, I suppose I forgot about that. Looks like Canada's not doing so good....

BBS Signature
KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 21:16:43 Reply

At 5/21/12 09:10 PM, Scarface wrote:
Oh, right, I suppose I forgot about that. Looks like Canada's not doing so good....

Yeah, but hey, it's just Quebec right? If it was Alberta....

WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 21:19:05 Reply

At 5/21/12 07:55 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: Hipsters fighting for things looks more like this.

90% accurate they shouldn't be hitting each other

Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 21:25:47 Reply

At 5/21/12 09:22 PM, Xyphon202 wrote: http://people.howstuffworks.com/patriot-act.htm

Read that. In the states, they can detain you indefinitely or even spy on you with wire taps and more ridiculous means.

I know what the patriot act is, I live in America thank you very much. I never said the US was any better in that aspect you stupid douche. I just said that Canada isn't either.

Glad to see those reading comprehension skills are doing wonders for you.....
KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 21:32:22 Reply

At 5/21/12 09:29 PM, Xyphon202 wrote:
First of all, no need to get all pissy. Secondly, I didn't realize you were American. I thought you were the OP....

Like I said, great comprehension skills there....

You said Canada isn't ahead of the United States in civil rights. But we are. We don't have a "Patriot Act"

We don't use ours on everyone. So what is your point? Yeah it's unconstitutional, but big fucking deal, I have nothing to hide from the government, and I can't change the law anyway.

KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 21:39:39 Reply

At 5/21/12 09:36 PM, Xyphon202 wrote:
Also, you can change the law. Not alone, but with a protest, you might be able to(if you were even allowed to do that).

I am, I've participated in protests before, you know what the feds did to me, fuck all. You know why, because we're allowed to protest and they don't shut down protests, unlike those hipster bullshit stories you're being fed.

But you're right, I had a shitty day, and I apologize for lashing out. You're totally in the right there.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 23:14:27 Reply

I bet OP is a closet hipster faggot.

NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 23:17:48 Reply

At 5/21/12 11:14 PM, BumFodder wrote: I bet OP is a closet hipster faggot.

It's a trap, guys.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 23:45:08 Reply

That's what happens when hipsters get angry over something political, which I can tell from a mile away they don't know shit, or at the very least can't seem to comprehend the art of having a dramatic shift of change in this country. {Well hipsters will complain about everything they don't like or is popular regardless of subject, but for the sake of this argument and this thread, we'll stick with the hipster politics.}

For Example: the Occupy Wall St. protests, What exactly did that accomplish? Nothing. All most of them did was to sit there, bitch and moan about how Wall St. screws them over everything, {instead of looking themselves in the mirror for once.} and harass others to the point where public support of them went rock bottom, and any legitimate message they had went up in smoke faster than a joint in a hippie convention. It doesn't help that most of them were spotted over and over again with iPhones/iPads, Starbucks coffee and Hollister shirts and jeans.

Also, I've noticed that hipsters just love their "freedoms are being taken away." overreaction every time something unpopular gets noticed, {i.e SOPA, PIPA and the like.} within the media. I swear, I must be one of the few people who didn't get their underwear in a knot when I heard about this, because it's pretty obvious that it wasn't going to pass anyways, one way or another. And before anyone says otherwise, I'll give you this question to ponder over, if your so called "freedoms" are being taken away for whatever reason, how come you still able to bitch and moan about something you don't like here or everywhere else without the government cracking down on you for saying it?

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Yert
Yert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-21 23:47:47 Reply

guys i have to piss brb

satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-22 00:03:34 Reply

It's the same here. Many people are intellectually indolent. They recklessly accusing, demanding and threatening.

(הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת, הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל. דּוֹר הֹלֵךְ וְדוֹר בָּא, וְהָאָרֶץ לְעוֹלָם עֹמָדֶת. (קהלת א ג, ה

BBS Signature
T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to When hipsters fight for something. 2012-05-22 00:04:28 Reply

This.

Also, I found it funny to see the NATO protesters interviewed on why they were there, only to see them quite literally respond with "I dunno...ask him."

Seriously. It was on the news the other night.