00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab)

15,931 Views | 257 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-15 00:17:24

Here ya go Snowy.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/e821a31d763757fdf7a2adc5 4b3bb01b
(This contains the Fla File)

I added the Super Mario bros (SMAS) Overworld Remix to make it more recognizable.
That was my voice also.

One last thing are you doing a Artists page where they can say something on a small box? I'd like to type my own for it. If you are.

Tired of the same old Dragonball Z Fight movies. Then check out A Goomba's life. A Sprite Style sitcom comedy. Go ahead don't be afraid.

BBS Signature

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-15 00:26:39

One last thing are you doing a Artists page where they can say something on a small box? I'd like to type my own for it. If you are.

thats if the laptop doesn't crash on me thn probably.. i never had any thought of having an aritsts page cus we only have under 20 little skits.. but remember a few others have left this forum after they sent their parts in and haven't heard back. so no there isn't gonna be a artist page..

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-15 03:23:25

thought i'd update you by letting you know tha i added in previous and next scene arrow buttons during the movie!! :D

saves me the trouble making a scene select menu and looks more professional in that matter ;)

evverythign is in place now, now i wait for the credits!!! and we ARE DONE!! :D

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-15 06:31:36

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAH! Collab's almost done!

Out of curiosity, has CrazyRock actually sent you an update of his part yet Snowy?

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-15 07:20:54

At 8/15/12 06:31 AM, MacDonaldFin wrote: YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAH! Collab's almost done!

Out of curiosity, has CrazyRock actually sent you an update of his part yet Snowy?

nah mate, if he hasn't then its old part will still remain if neccessary. i mean its a 13 year old's effort in a sprite animation.. so I guess its the best he can do.

now i gotta wait for Trapex to finish the credits then BOOM!, fix it all up if neccesary regarding the Actionscript

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-15 07:36:19

At 8/15/12 07:20 AM, SnowyBangers wrote: nah mate, if he hasn't then its old part will still remain if neccessary. i mean its a 13 year old's effort in a sprite animation.. so I guess its the best he can do.

now i gotta wait for Trapex to finish the credits then BOOM!, fix it all up if neccesary regarding the Actionscript

He's 13?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmoNaTSXPMA

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-15 07:47:16

thats if the laptop doesn't crash on me thn probably.. i never had any thought of having an aritsts page cus we only have under 20 little skits.. but remember a few others have left this forum after they sent their parts in and haven't heard back. so no there isn't gonna be a artist page..

Fair enough. I'm Grateful enough to even participate in this Collab.

Tired of the same old Dragonball Z Fight movies. Then check out A Goomba's life. A Sprite Style sitcom comedy. Go ahead don't be afraid.

BBS Signature

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-15 08:36:29

Fair enough. I'm Grateful enough to even participate in this Collab.

good for you :) and i'm grateful to have a marine on board ;)

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-15 11:22:27

Yes, just out of curiosity (and before I go any further), is there a specific way that you would like the credits to be done?

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-15 13:59:57

Ok Snowy, what songs you used for menu, and Trapex, what songs are you guys expecting to use in credits? (I cant wait!!!!)

Only the champions and winners click the link :P

BBS Signature

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-15 17:33:57

At 8/15/12 01:59 PM, ESTAR48 wrote: Ok Snowy, what songs you used for menu, and Trapex, what songs are you guys expecting to use in credits? (I cant wait!!!!)

Well, I am using the one that you listed for me to use for the credits (read your former post above). The only thing is, due to it being the credits, I'm not going to use all of it, so I'll probably go to Soundbooth and edit it to the part where it begins to pick up a bit.

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-15 20:42:34

At 8/15/12 06:40 PM, CrazyRock wrote: I should kill myself.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/0cba54c3c228b4d73e4595ba 194ae9b7

not too bad. especially the head falling off

give me the fla.! ;) you made it

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-15 20:53:41

At 8/15/12 11:22 AM, Trapex wrote: Yes, just out of curiosity (and before I go any further), is there a specific way that you would like the credits to be done?

i want the background to be shiny royal blue with dull red glow yellow text.
widescreen appearance (add in black rectangles across the top and bottom of the stage) you know..

the rest is up to you ;)

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-16 00:43:47

Welp, I'm gonna go and redo everything that I've done thus-far (which actually isn't very much, to be honest).

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-16 01:45:02

At 8/16/12 12:43 AM, Trapex wrote: Welp, I'm gonna go and redo everything that I've done thus-far (which actually isn't very much, to be honest).

gee sorry dude :\ well whatever you're doing, make it look awesome :P

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-17 09:37:36

i want this to be wrapped up already. i can't believe there's no more parts been done by you lot or any newcomers. i wanted this series to imporv ein quantity of parts. I can;t keep making more parts for myself ><

i want to move on to my other projects!!!!

i love sprite movies so much, its fun. but friggin people diss it as an old flame or an old trend dammit... and i guess its time to move on from sprite animating after this... :'(

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-17 09:46:36

Aw, c'mon don't be like that! You've gotta have more faith in spriting. Even though not as many sprite movies have been submitted as years before, it doesn't mean they aren't any good. The reason why some people say spriting is bad is because the most recent sprite entries have hardly been created with any effort.

Hopefully this collab will remind people that spriting isn't dead. Nor is it going anywhere.

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-17 09:49:24

Besides, there still time before Trapex is done with the credits. You never know if someone might be secretly working on a part we don't know about.

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-17 09:51:38

At 8/17/12 09:49 AM, MacDonaldFin wrote: Besides, there still time before Trapex is done with the credits. You never know if someone might be secretly working on a part we don't know about.

yeah true dude.

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-17 09:57:52

At 8/17/12 09:51 AM, SnowyBangers wrote:
At 8/17/12 09:49 AM, MacDonaldFin wrote: Besides, there still time before Trapex is done with the credits. You never know if someone might be secretly working on a part we don't know about.
yeah true dude.

i'm surprised you made phoenix wrong tributes!! :O

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-17 10:05:17

Ah those? Well, when you have nothing to do during exam times but to watch PWs, it's only natural to want to make one yourself. :P

Besides, I had no idea when I made them that Phoenix Wrongs where swept under the rug already.

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-17 10:30:45

Hey Snowy, it is too late to tell you please put this loop in menu? I mean the new one, screw the other ones, just if you want, or do whatever you want with the other 2, you could put this one, for me its better :). Oh and CrazyRock, i love your part! I love how this is getting done so fast! I love everybodys parts!

Only the champions and winners click the link :P

BBS Signature

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-17 10:57:38

At 8/17/12 10:28 AM, CrazyRock wrote: I know my part is the worst and all, but,

people will like this collab because of high quality parts (MacDonaldFin's for instance).

Unlike other sprite movies that people shat out in the last 2 years this one is actually high quality.

Also, don't stop doing something you're good at Snowy.

Truer words were never spoken. Your part is good too now that you've updated it!

At 8/17/12 10:30 AM, ESTAR48 wrote: Hey Snowy, it is too late to tell you please put this loop in menu? I mean the new one, screw the other ones, just if you want, or do whatever you want with the other 2, you could put this one, for me its better :). Oh and CrazyRock, i love your part! I love how this is getting done so fast! I love everybodys parts!
http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/view/572705

Yeah, compared to other collabs I knew, at least this one shows progress every week.

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-17 11:13:57

ESTAR48, it ain't too late, i just have to throw it in a movieclip and scrap the other one :) ;)

CrazyRock, the matter is that you improved your part a little, thats why its in. ;) i'm sure you'll imrpovve a lot soon enogh :P

MacDonaldFin, thanks for those kind words. ;) :P

Game Under! is all about high quality entertainment with sprites anyway :P :D

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-17 19:40:54

Yeah....you may just want to go on and do the credits yourself. I haven't gotten a chance to touch Flash in the past day because of....well....various COMPLICATED issues revolving around my family at this moment. Not to mention, with an internet connection that's not-so-well (Hughesnet's a bitch), I probably won't even be able to upload it for a while.

I apologize for the inconvenience and if this is troubling to any of you. It's just that this won't be resolved for a little while, and I suspect that you can get this project pushed out within the next few days if you want.

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-17 21:50:28

At 8/17/12 11:13 AM, SnowyBangers wrote: ESTAR48, it ain't too late, i just have to throw it in a movieclip and scrap the other one :) ;)

CrazyRock, the matter is that you improved your part a little, thats why its in. ;) i'm sure you'll imrpovve a lot soon enogh :P

MacDonaldFin, thanks for those kind words. ;) :P

Game Under! is all about high quality entertainment with sprites anyway :P :D

I didn't know there was more time. I will see if i can think up some others.

BBS Signature

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-18 22:52:33

At 8/17/12 07:40 PM, Trapex wrote: Yeah....you may just want to go on and do the credits yourself. I haven't gotten a chance to touch Flash in the past day because of....well....various COMPLICATED issues revolving around my family at this moment. Not to mention, with an internet connection that's not-so-well (Hughesnet's a bitch), I probably won't even be able to upload it for a while.

I apologize for the inconvenience and if this is troubling to any of you. It's just that this won't be resolved for a little while, and I suspect that you can get this project pushed out within the next few days if you want.

oh sorry to hear about that dude. :( hope it can all resolved regarding those family issues. i'll do the credits myself, i sorta got an idea what to do ;)

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-21 08:08:33

Hey just wanted to make sure you got my Fla files you did right?

BBS Signature

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-21 09:15:48

At 8/21/12 08:08 AM, DemonicDragon93 wrote: Hey just wanted to make sure you got my Fla files you did right?

yes i have :)

credits nearly done :P

Response to Game Under! Volume 5(sprite collab) 2012-08-21 15:04:57

Hey Trapex, sorry to hear about your current situation. Hope it gets better soon.

Also, glad to hear the credits are almost done. This is getting so close to finishing...