00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need a writer for robot day cartoon

654 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

First off, I would like to sya that I read the rules and looked through the forums a bit, and I could not find if it was allowed to make a "writer wanted" add in the writing forum. If there is a rule against this I apologize and will not do so in the future.

Anyway, I am an animator, and I am looking for a comedy writer for my Robot Day entry. The guidelines are that it has to be first person, its has to be about robots, it has to be a monologue sort of thing (for one voice actor), and it has to be comedic. Aside from that you can do whatever your like, your imagination is your only limit. Keep in mid though, that I am animating it, you do not need detailed descriptions or anything of the sort. If you would like to add stage direction that's cool to, it only helps me out.

So if anyone is interested, PM me or reply to the topic.

Do you think your attractive? Go to my youtube channel to find out (or not).

Response to Need a writer for robot day cartoon 2012-05-24 22:58:47

Damn! I was really hoping this topic would get some love!!

Since there won't be prizes specifically for writers this time, this could be a golden opportunity to possibly get your stories animated and submitted as part of the day/contest.

There's still time!! So if anyone has anything... you should post it up! The OP might not be the only one keeping tabs on this thread!! ;)

Response to Need a writer for robot day cartoon 2012-05-26 11:30:07

At 5/24/12 10:58 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Damn! I was really hoping this topic would get some love!!

Since there won't be prizes specifically for writers this time, this could be a golden opportunity to possibly get your stories animated and submitted as part of the day/contest.

There's still time!! So if anyone has anything... you should post it up! The OP might not be the only one keeping tabs on this thread!! ;)

hmmm this seems like a pretty interesting project, i've got a few ideas i'm playing around with, but i'm still a little weary about the circumstances and conditions: what's in it for me, the writer?

BBS Signature

Response to Need a writer for robot day cartoon 2012-05-26 14:38:58

I don't care too much about rewards, just getting my name out would be all I'd ever want.

So I'm guessing what you're looking for a something that would have only one person talking the entire time? Like, giving an opinion about robots or having an adventure involving robots?

I think I can bounce an idea around that.
Just a few questions though;
What venue of instant messaging would you prefer? Last time I worked with an animator, we used iscribble. It was a simple register (didn't need to register entirely, either), make a private chat room, and then we could draw and chat at the same time.
Did you have any ideas yourself?
Do you know why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

In response to the idea that other animators may be watching this thread; I'd be willing to work with anyone. I don't know if OP would still be watching this thread, as quite a few days have passed since a response has come, and I know most people (I probably would to) would've either gotten idea or moved on to something else in that time.

"A BLIND, DEAF, COMATOSE, LOBOTOMY PATIENT COULD FEEL, MY ANGER "

Response to Need a writer for robot day cartoon 2012-06-01 09:42:28

Just something simple I came up with, I don't really think it requires a voice actor though.

So theres just a robot, and he looks at his right hand, and he turns it into a gun *cue transorm sound effect*, then he smiles and turns it into a bigger gun *sound effect again*. He then looks at his left hand and does the same. Finally he looks down at his crotch but you don't see that just his upper body *the same sound effect plays again* he then looks at the camera and winks.

BBS Signature