Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 01:28 AM

This is a hypothetical
so shut up before you start a flame war
These are going to be personal ideas that you post nothing more

I'm athirst by idea, I don't like the idea of living in a post life of either happiness and clouds or fire and pain
But say for a moment, you die. X.X right here right now and you stand before a glowing figure holding a book on a stand and it says do you repent your sins and give your self to the idea of God...

Shits going hardcore right now because not only (if athiest you have been wrong all along) (if cristian you have been preparing for this for a while)(if a different religion then you best start figuring really quickly)
but the question is do you chose to repent...

Repent being a idea that you seek forgiveness for being wrong... for ... asking forgiveness from a higher power... for looking back on the life you lived and saying that life was incorrect and you want to be purified..
In this hypothetical I really only see one challenge and that glowing figure is banking you only one question... do you have pride and honor.

When faced with this choice of 2 lands weather it be hell or heaven... would you throw away your previous life for a set path...

Now there are a lot of answers to this question and if you were to lean back in your chair or in your bed, what ever you sit your very much human arse on and think about this answer that you would give to this glowing figure... I would also ask you about weather or not you would repent
I do not pretend to talk to self rightious people here on the bbs... I don't pretend to get to a idea that I am even correct in my own beliefes (they work for me and I am happy with them) but given this situation... I don't think I would repent...
Its a odd answer but I would not want to throw away my life because I love the life I live

Ya dig?

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
beardkiller
beardkiller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 01:33 AM

even if it means id burn for the rest of eternity i would choose to accept my life and not repent,because if your not loyal to yourself and have pride in your actions and such,then in my book you dont deserve my attentions

Hi

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 01:34 AM

Dear toxisfuckingdumb, I miss yew.

Gigit
Gigit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 01:35 AM

I'd be afraid...
Like it's some sort of trick question, ya know?
I'd get really paranoid thinking that if I have been living my whole life thinking nothing of religion and I say "Yes firefly fella, I do repent" that he'd be like "What a punk, you lived your life one way and now you're throwing it all away because I seem like some sort of deity?"
and send me into some form of hell or purgatory...

What a deep question Tox....

I love you ;D

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 01:38 AM

At 5/19/12 01:28 AM, tox wrote: This is a hypothetical
so shut up before you start a flame war

a flamewar is inevitable.

But given this hypothetical, I wouldn't repent, and I would curse the god as a tyrant.

I would also tell the figure that by nature he is the farthest out of touch with humanity possible, and that it's arrogant of him to judge us like that.

Lastly, I would try to replace him, and take his place.

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 02:02 AM

At 5/19/12 01:28 AM, tox wrote: This is a hypothetical

I didn't know "hypothetical" was a noun

I'm athirst by idea,

You're a what?

You've got a lot of bad grammar in there, but I'll contribute. I would have to think about it. Needing to be obedient to God is unfair; I have my own consciousness and I'd rather have freedom to do whatever I want. I might try to respectfully decline in being a part of the whole religion thing and just go on my merry way. If I had to choose between reppenting and burning in hell... I'd go with the former...

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 02:19 AM

At 5/19/12 01:33 AM, beardkiller wrote: even if it means id burn for the rest of eternity i would choose to accept my life and not repent,because if your not loyal to yourself and have pride in your actions and such,then in my book you dont deserve my attentions

I'm sorry, but that has got to be one of the most fucking retarded things I've ever heard. You'd rather burn for eternity than say "sorry, I was wrong"?

beardkiller
beardkiller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 02:35 AM

At 5/19/12 02:19 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
I'm sorry, but that has got to be one of the most fucking retarded things I've ever heard. You'd rather burn for eternity than say "sorry, I was wrong"?

eh im a satanist and god has kind of inhuman standards for humanity but i am willing to say sorry i was wrong but that also means giving up on my past in a sense,all of the bad so that i could improve and all of the good to relish

Hi

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 02:47 AM

At 5/19/12 02:35 AM, beardkiller wrote: eh im a satanist and god has kind of inhuman standards for humanity but i am willing to say sorry i was wrong but that also means giving up on my past in a sense,all of the bad so that i could improve and all of the good to relish

Must.... resist.... igniting flame war......

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 02:51 AM

At 5/19/12 02:47 AM, jjjkuk wrote:
At 5/19/12 02:35 AM, beardkiller wrote:

Don't even think about it

I want to in 24 hours say that every one of you contributed in a religion topic and you did not attack each other

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
beardkiller
beardkiller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 02:52 AM

At 5/19/12 02:51 AM, tox wrote:
At 5/19/12 02:47 AM, jjjkuk wrote:
At 5/19/12 02:35 AM, beardkiller wrote:
Don't even think about it

I want to in 24 hours say that every one of you contributed in a religion topic and you did not attack each other

eh dont worry about it even if a flame war started id be so oblivious that there would be no effect towards me

Hi

BBS Signature
satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 08:27 AM

If the christian god exists so does the christian satan. I will choose to embrace his realm.

(הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת, הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל. דּוֹר הֹלֵךְ וְדוֹר בָּא, וְהָאָרֶץ לְעוֹלָם עֹמָדֶת. (קהלת א ג, ה

BBS Signature
Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 08:30 AM

At 5/19/12 08:27 AM, satanbrain wrote: If the christian god exists so does the christian satan. I will choose to embrace his realm.

Human Race > Satan > God

You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 09:47 AM

I'd just go along with whatever this higher being wanted me to do, because he knows better. The only reason I'm the way I am is because I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Every religion and person says something just a little different, so I kind of just feel out life for myself, but if I KNEW what the right thing to do was (and had the higher being itself tell me, not just a book that can be changed or misinterpreted), then I would do it.

Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 10:24 AM

I wouldn't repent, and then I'd shout something weird like "I AM an animal"!

GhostOfHalloween
GhostOfHalloween
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 10:27 AM

At 5/19/12 10:24 AM, bgraybr wrote: I wouldn't repent, and then I'd shout something weird like "I AM an animal"!

god doesn't like humor do you remember the tribes of israel nicknamed the funnymen aka comedians that god had sacrificed to expand hell's real estate

beardkiller
beardkiller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 05:54 PM

At 5/19/12 10:24 AM, bgraybr wrote: I wouldn't repent, and then I'd shout something weird like "I AM an animal"!

oh bgray a till to the very end....

Hi

BBS Signature
SigmaNoob
SigmaNoob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 06:08 PM

Tox has signed his contract to go to hell.

Hey man, hows it goin?

BBS Signature
PuRpLe-KusH
PuRpLe-KusH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 06:47 PM

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

I get it, I got, and it's Good ! Yes, repentence in necessary in this life; if anyone thinks they have lived a sinless life and is not in need of a savoir and repentance to save us from our own self-destrcution , then they are in denial

BBS Signature
spanishmnm
spanishmnm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 07:04 PM

Pacience is a vertue.
I'm sure God knows what he is doing.

Pie is good, eat it, or else I'll kick your face.

Jakehinojo
Jakehinojo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Movie Buff
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 07:23 PM

You know there ISN'T a god, right?

Where's the pickle?

BBS Signature
beardkiller
beardkiller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 07:53 PM

At 5/19/12 07:30 PM, Ilssm wrote:
At 5/19/12 07:23 PM, Jakehinojo wrote: You know there ISN'T a god, right?
Maybe the Christian God, or other religions.

what proof to prove or disprove the existance of any deity is there?

Hi

BBS Signature
Jakehinojo
Jakehinojo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Movie Buff
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 08:06 PM

At 5/19/12 07:53 PM, beardkiller wrote:
At 5/19/12 07:30 PM, Ilssm wrote:
At 5/19/12 07:23 PM, Jakehinojo wrote: You know there ISN'T a god, right?
Maybe the Christian God, or other religions.
what proof to prove or disprove the existance of any deity is there?

Well i'd say the biggest proof of no god, is that there isn't one, that's the biggest proof of him not existing.

Where's the pickle?

BBS Signature
Jakehinojo
Jakehinojo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Movie Buff
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 08:34 PM

At 5/19/12 08:24 PM, Ilssm wrote:
Well i'd say the biggest proof of no god, is that there isn't one, that's the biggest proof of him not existing.
Alright, so now that you've made this claim, you have to back it up with something. That's the way it works. Once you can prove with 100% positivity there is no kind of God what-so-ever, whether they lie within this universe or another ( That also all depends on whether you believe in the multiple universe theory or not ) then I'll immediately become an Atheist.

My proof to deny his existence is that he doesn't exist. You go by "I believe it, therefore it must exist"

Where's the pickle?

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 08:38 PM

Insert obvious troll post that someone will take seriously/deconstruct to prove that it's not a troll post.

Anyway, yeah, I'd repent. I'm not an atheist, but I'm a very shitty Christian. And even still, I don't think I've done anything so bad that I'd deserve eternal punishment. If anything, God would have to create a new afterlife for neutral people like me.

BBS Signature
Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 08:38 PM

At 5/19/12 08:34 PM, Jakehinojo wrote:

My proof to deny his existence is that he doesn't exist. You go by "I believe it, therefore it must exist"

No, actually. I'd like to itnerject and say that Llsm is agnostic; therefore too pussy to admit that regardless if there isn't any way, shape or form you can disprove a God - does not necessarily mean that the burden of proof is on the non-believer. The burden of proof is all on the child that thinks they can pull magic out of a world that continues to reflect off of the antithesis of any form supernatural influence.

Lllsm is only saying that, because he feels that saying that there is absolutely no God is like saying you know everything - when that is entirely not true. It just means that there is absolutely no influence of God ever in this world. Just a bunch of hyped up assertions and jargon going around.

You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 08:51 PM

At 5/19/12 08:43 PM, Ilssm wrote:
No, actually. I'd like to itnerject and say that Llsm is agnostic; therefore too pussy to admit that regardless if there isn't any way, shape or form you can disprove a God - does not necessarily mean that the burden of proof is on the non-believer. The burden of proof is all on the child that thinks they can pull magic out of a world that continues to reflect off of the antithesis of any form supernatural influence.

Lllsm is only saying that, because he feels that saying that there is absolutely no God is like saying you know everything - when that is entirely not true. It just means that there is absolutely no influence of God ever in this world. Just a bunch of hyped up assertions and jargon going around.
Oh look, this guy again.

Hardy hi ho!

Yup, I'm a complete pussy because I realize the fact there are some things in life that can't be proven or disproven, therefore make an assumption based on that fact.

Indeed that you are. Especially when you are actually doing exactly what you attempt to prevent yourself from doing - making any inclined decisions. Welp, guess what Ilssm, you are loosely assuming that this world can not be without a God. Thus, you are a pseudo agnostic.

You hit the nail on the head, buddy. Good for you. Here's a cookie *Hands cookie*

I always hit the nail on the head.

It's 'ilssm', btw.

I didn't care. : )

Jakehinojo
Jakehinojo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Movie Buff
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 08:55 PM

http://youtu.be/nhzyPHih4fQ?t=1m57s

That right there. All christans need to watch that and think about it, and feel stupid.

Where's the pickle?

BBS Signature
Jakehinojo
Jakehinojo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Movie Buff
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 08:57 PM

At 5/19/12 08:55 PM, Jakehinojo wrote: http://youtu.be/nhzyPHih4fQ?t=1m57s

That right there. All christans need to watch that and think about it, and feel stupid.

sorry, it's supposed to start at the 1:57 mark, go to it.

Where's the pickle?

BBS Signature
Invisible-Empire
Invisible-Empire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to repent-religion May. 19th, 2012 @ 08:59 PM

The choice would depend upon the nature of the God.