New Topic Respond to this Topic
IAmCrystalHeights
IAmCrystalHeights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Countryside Asian America May. 17th, 2012 @ 08:27 PM Reply

Haven't made a topic in a while and don't plan to make too many more in the future, but this got me wonder... how many Asian Americans (or other types of "minorities" do you know that are "country?")

I was riding the bus from San Francisco to my hometown, which is an hour north of SF, and I met an American born man who lived most of his life in England and here as well, and has a moderate English accent. We were talking a lot about politics and he came to my city to visit his girlfriend, and he commented on the fact that my city is country.

So I thought... is it really? The people here don't really act country save for a few select people who do drive big white trucks and blast country music. But the small towns around have more people that to do that. The area it's surrounded by is definitely countryside though.

But thing is, I'm half Chinese, and I do kind of live in a more country area, and I like a bit of country music and I love countryside areas, so would people envision an Asian American who likes countryside lifestyle interesting? I've known of some Asians who live in the east coast and Texas who conform to a country lifestyle, and I think it's really cool. It's just that the country lifestyle is more restricted to the white American culture, and rural and to a lesser extent suburban American culture.

I love big cities, but at the same time, I love being on farms and in countrysides, and I love a lot of southern food.

Strength
Strength
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Countryside Asian America May. 17th, 2012 @ 08:29 PM Reply

this is a terrifying concept to me.

Countryside Asian America

ok

BBS Signature