Be a Supporter!
TheClunkheads
TheClunkheads
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
art programs? May. 17th, 2012 @ 07:04 PM Reply

Hey guys I've been trying to make decent looking art for a while, but I've only been using flash for coloring and what-not, and i want know if there's any good art programs for coloring/shading and so on. thanks if anyone could help

frozen-scumbag
frozen-scumbag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to art programs? May. 17th, 2012 @ 07:15 PM Reply

At 5/17/12 07:04 PM, TheClunkheads wrote: Hey guys I've been trying to make decent looking art for a while, but I've only been using flash for coloring and what-not, and i want know if there's any good art programs for coloring/shading and so on. thanks if anyone could help

I use photoshop CS5 :)

This mind, locked in a cage of morphine...

TheClunkheads
TheClunkheads
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to art programs? May. 17th, 2012 @ 07:21 PM Reply

At 5/17/12 07:15 PM, frozen-scumbag wrote:
At 5/17/12 07:04 PM, TheClunkheads wrote: Hey guys I've been trying to make decent looking art for a while, but I've only been using flash for coloring and what-not, and i want know if there's any good art programs for coloring/shading and so on. thanks if anyone could help

really? i only thought you could alter the photos with photoshop, not color, i guess i need to get it and play around with it(cock joke) thanks man

TheLulzyArtist
TheLulzyArtist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to art programs? May. 17th, 2012 @ 07:52 PM Reply

Photoshop & paint tool sai, but if you are looking for something free I highly recommend Gimp(it's probably the best free alternative to photoshop), it also supports drawing tablets. Gimp also has many tutorials on youtube so you can learn the basics really quick.

"In Lulz We Trust"

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to art programs? May. 17th, 2012 @ 08:26 PM Reply

Art101 has a list of art apps and other useful tips & links.

domilli
domilli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to art programs? May. 17th, 2012 @ 08:45 PM Reply

yeah, i use photoshop. its gooooooooood :)
got any art up man?

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to art programs? May. 18th, 2012 @ 10:59 PM Reply

I like ArtRage- it imitates traditional media really well.

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
OniRiK
OniRiK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to art programs? May. 19th, 2012 @ 12:44 AM Reply

At 5/17/12 07:21 PM, TheClunkheads wrote:
really? i only thought you could alter the photos with photoshop, not color, i guess i need to get it and play around with it(cock joke) thanks man

Photoshop is really good for drawing and painting, it's not only an image editor. I'd recommend using either Art Rage or Photoshop for digital painting, pretty amazing results if you know how to use traditional tools.