Be a Supporter!

NightChao Art muro

  • 5,066 Views
  • 87 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 03:22 PM Reply

Alright!!! my newest coloring and im pretty glad how it came out ;)

NightChao Art muro

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 9th, 2012 @ 12:22 AM Reply

BOOM, this one is so far my most viewed on DA, enjoy Tales fan!

NightChao Art muro

sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 9th, 2012 @ 02:55 AM Reply

At 5/25/12 11:16 PM, Night-Chao wrote: bump

Stop bumping unless you plan to add something!

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:07 AM Reply

At 7/9/12 01:29 AM, GinkoLaw wrote: You seem like a pretty decent kid who appreciates people's opinions so I'll give you this site, it will break you down back to nothing and build you up as a better artist. You need to learn how to draw solid characters without features, and train your eyes better to understand perspective as well.

Your sheena looks like she's very uncomfortable in that pose, just look at her shoulder placement.

http://www.drawspace.com/lessons/

and this

yeah, that dam perspective and space is hard to attain in drawings. Thanks for links, much appreciated!

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:11 AM Reply

At 7/9/12 12:22 AM, Night-Chao wrote: BOOM, this one is so far my most viewed on DA, enjoy Tales fan!

She looks like she's about to fall over.

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:11 AM Reply

At 7/9/12 02:55 AM, sweet21 wrote:
At 5/25/12 11:16 PM, Night-Chao wrote: bump
Stop bumping unless you plan to add something!

my bad <-<

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:17 AM Reply

At 7/22/12 01:11 AM, Kashi wrote:
At 7/9/12 12:22 AM, Night-Chao wrote: BOOM, this one is so far my most viewed on DA, enjoy Tales fan!
She looks like she's about to fall over.

still working on perspective and space, its really an obstacle for me xD

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 22nd, 2012 @ 02:38 AM Reply

At 7/22/12 01:17 AM, Night-Chao wrote: still working on perspective and space, its really an obstacle for me xD

I really have no idea where you were heading with her outfit.

NightChao Art muro

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Member since: May. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Programmer
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 22nd, 2012 @ 03:10 AM Reply

I thought i would step in and say something.

You should sit down and think RIGHT NOW what you want to do in art and why. Not career or watever but what kind of artist do you want to be?

Once you figure it out, go and look at what it takes to be that artist and start practicing what you need to practice to better your skills. Doesn't matter if you ever reach that level of skill, just do it.

Now i will add something. if you want to be a manga/anime artist. I know for a FACT from people who do that stuff in industry that you need to have a strong understanding of anatomy.

So think now what you want to do and really be careful, the more pictures you draw the more your eyes, mind, wrist and arms get acustomed to how you draw and the more likely you are to develop bad habits if you don't do the proper exercises to train yourself and better yourself as an artist. By drawing anime without proper knowledge of anatomy you are developing bad habits from the beginning. Its great you like drawing, i'm not saying to stop what you like. But you need to sit down and teach yourself how to draw anatomy and human beings before you can break what a human being looks like as an anime character. People in industry says it really hurts your career if you visualize charecters like anime characters instead of an actual person. By doing this you limit what your capable of drawing and by limiting that you also restrict your future oportunities.

People who train and learn how to do anime don't just start drawing anime (some do) but if you go to a school for it they will sit down and make you draw people and realism till the end. Once you have a high understanding of proper anatomy they then begin making bridges and showing how everything relates and how you can take your lessons to more easily draw anime.

Just remember, everything you do at an early stage in art is going to stick with you. If you get a negative critique and you find truth to it. Work on fixing that issue as soon as possible, unless its something you don't mind developing a bad habit for. So basically my only word of advice is, find resources can be anything and really learn what it takes to be good at art. Then take the steps you need and do the work and practices you should in order to improve your art in the direction you want it to go.

Last but not least, have fun. If you enjoy your art people will notice. If you simply want to just have fun and improve along the way dont worry about how fast you improve you have no career in mind. Take it slow, make it so you understand what your doing and always remember, you have your WHOLE LIFE to learn art.

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:02 PM Reply

At 7/22/12 02:38 AM, Kashi wrote:
At 7/22/12 01:17 AM, Night-Chao wrote: still working on perspective and space, its really an obstacle for me xD
I really have no idea where you were heading with her outfit.

wow laying down some mad skills on me. I really do appreciate it. Honestly you made it look to easy, I just guess its gona take another 10 years before I even reach this baby step <-<. Thanks a lot, will use as an example for my drawings.

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:06 PM Reply

At 7/22/12 03:10 AM, PMMurphy wrote: I thought i would step in and say something.

You should sit down and think RIGHT NOW what you want to do in art and why. Not career or watever but what kind of artist do you want to be?

yeah I know, truth be told I just want to be able to draw what I can imagine, but I don't see that happening even in the after life xD Thanks for your thoughts and ideals, Ill keep them in mind, and think about it more thoroughly on what I want to focus on. I guess drawing humans is what I mostly draw <-<

Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 24th, 2012 @ 12:36 AM Reply

At 7/23/12 10:06 PM, Night-Chao wrote:
yeah I know, truth be told I just want to be able to draw what I can imagine, but I don't see that happening even in the after life xD Thanks for your thoughts and ideals, Ill keep them in mind, and think about it more thoroughly on what I want to focus on. I guess drawing humans is what I mostly draw <-<

Holy Christ bro no one is gonna sympathize with your "oh man you're so good, I wish I can be like you" type of attitude, post more artwork and learn proportions and experiment once you learn the rules.

To show that I'm not trying to be a dick here's some resources

Neil Fontaine from "I Paint Girls"
Basics of Drawing


3DS FC: 4442-0200-7535
So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 24th, 2012 @ 10:07 PM Reply

At 7/24/12 12:36 AM, monndoggy wrote:
At 7/23/12 10:06 PM, Night-Chao wrote:
yeah I know, truth be told I just want to be able to draw what I can imagine, but I don't see that happening even in the after life xD Thanks for your thoughts and ideals, Ill keep them in mind, and think about it more thoroughly on what I want to focus on. I guess drawing humans is what I mostly draw <-<
Holy Christ bro no one is gonna sympathize with your "oh man you're so good, I wish I can be like you" type of attitude, post more artwork and learn proportions and experiment once you learn the rules.

To show that I'm not trying to be a dick here's some resources

Neil Fontaine from "I Paint Girls"
Basics of Drawing

you made it sound like it <-<, also I don't want to copy anybody style nor have I tried, unless its for practice. Thanks anyways for your concerns.

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Member since: May. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Programmer
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 24th, 2012 @ 10:34 PM Reply

If you want to draw from imagination. That is great. Keep doing it. It is important to draw from imagination, if thats the type of artist you want to be then stick with it. But you need to draw from references in the mix. I use to only draw from imagination a while back my thought was

"To really show what kind of artist i am, i need to draw without references. This will showcase my true potential and style and develop me as a unique artist".

But there is a problem with that. Its not true. You develop bad habits and all these technical problems in your drawing (such as your problem with space and perspective) to the point it gets difficult to overcome obstacles.

Its ok to experiment and stuff and do things as your learning. The goal is to enjoy yourself. But you need to structure what your doing with exercises along the way.

If your doing a project. Take breaks and draw a couple still lifes while you do your major project.

Still lifes are amazing exercises, you can learn so much from it. Just about anything and everything important in art can be learned by doing alot of still lifes. if you have mannequins you can even learn figure of the human body.

Just be careful, i have HUGE problems with perspective in my drawings because i did so much imagination stuff. If you draw imaginatively you need to understand the basic rules to follow which are taught to you by drawing from life or with a reference.

last but not least.

Draw daily. Everyday, do something. Even if its just 10 minutes. Do gesture drawings and quick sketches. Plus slow sketches. Its important to know how to draw fast. For instance lets say your on a train drawing people. You see a perfect artistic figure enter the bus. You have 30 seconds to capture that figure so you can remember it later before he/she moves to the front of the bus.

mega-supreme
mega-supreme
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Artist
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 08:48 AM Reply

At 7/24/12 10:34 PM, PMMurphy wrote: If you want to draw from imagination. That is great. Keep doing it. It is important to draw from imagination, if thats the type of artist you want to be then stick with it. But you need to draw from references in the mix. I use to only draw from imagination a while back my thought was

"To really show what kind of artist i am, i need to draw without references. This will showcase my true potential and style and develop me as a unique artist.

Drawing from imagination is the least limiting, you can do anything you want. A problem with references is that you're just coping work, sometimes just wasting your time. if you just keep drawing they will get better and better naturally as you'll notice stuff as you go. Even though references are good for learning general shapes and shading.
That's just what i think, their would be many better people than me who would disagree.

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Member since: May. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Programmer
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 10:50 AM Reply

At 7/25/12 08:48 AM, mega-supreme wrote: Drawing from imagination is the least limiting, you can do anything you want. A problem with references is that you're just coping work, sometimes just wasting your time. if you just keep drawing they will get better and better naturally as you'll notice stuff as you go. Even though references are good for learning general shapes and shading.
That's just what i think, their would be many better people than me who would disagree.

If you draw from imagination too much, that is a problem. Also, all because you have a reference doesn't mean you have to copy it entirely, you just use parts of it.

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 28th, 2012 @ 02:27 AM Reply

At 7/24/12 10:34 PM, PMMurphy wrote:

Draw daily. Everyday, do something. Even if its just 10 minutes. Do gesture drawings and quick sketches. Plus slow sketches. Its important to know how to draw fast. For instance lets say your on a train drawing people. You see a perfect artistic figure enter the bus. You have 30 seconds to capture that figure so you can remember it later before he/she moves to the front of the bus.

Yeah I have taken an illustration class and we did still life drawings pushing the time limit from 1 minute to 30 seconds and 10 seconds I believe. I just find it hard to understand how so other younger people just have the easy flow of drawing and coloring, meanwhile I have taken photoshop classes, art classes, and whatnot only to end up looking like a begginers artist. Well I will heed your words of wisdom and practice more still life while implementing imagination for character design and backgrounds. Much appreciated!

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 28th, 2012 @ 02:30 AM Reply

At 7/25/12 08:48 AM, mega-supreme wrote:
At 7/24/12 10:34 PM, PMMurphy wrote: If you want to draw from imagination. That is great. Keep doing it. It is important to draw from imagination, if thats the type of artist you want to be then stick with it. But you need to draw from references in the mix. I use to only draw from imagination a while back my thought was

"To really show what kind of artist i am, i need to draw without references. This will showcase my true potential and style and develop me as a unique artist.
Drawing from imagination is the least limiting, you can do anything you want. A problem with references is that you're just coping work, sometimes just wasting your time. if you just keep drawing they will get better and better naturally as you'll notice stuff as you go. Even though references are good for learning general shapes and shading.
That's just what i think, their would be many better people than me who would disagree.

I did learn an important lesson from my teacher and from books, that at times, one must copy the style of an artist to understand a subject or concept. yes even If I did just copy someones anatomy practice sketches it always adds up in the brain and eventually you don't need a reference because it ends up being long term memory instead of short term. Thanks for the advice, I will try and see if I can implement my imagination with some originality while using references xD

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 28th, 2012 @ 02:35 AM Reply

Ok I drew this chibi for fun, I was just want what came to your head not a critique this time xD The only thing that bugs me is the neck, and yes I know the body wasn't drawn clean but it was just a 10min doodle.

NightChao Art muro

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Member since: May. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Programmer
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 28th, 2012 @ 02:53 AM Reply

what helped me was looking at art. Also i have met lots of talented artists and got great feedback. Also, apply life lessons to art and stuff like that. Art is weird, you have to really really think about it in order to improve. It wont really matter how many art classes you go to if you havn't lit that light bulb up yet. I did 6 years of art classes and honestly i learned more about art just doing my own thing.

Its all about your learning desire and process and dedication. Also when you do stuff challenge yourself and think about what you doing and why your doing it. Analyze everything, write analysis papers after each project about the good and bad, what could be better.

Research professional artists of ALL genre's of art and see what you like best in each one. Create a library of art to reference to and if you can network with all the talented artists you can. Ask them questions whore yourself for information.

This is what i do atleast :)

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 28th, 2012 @ 06:31 PM Reply

At 7/28/12 02:35 AM, Night-Chao wrote: Ok I drew this chibi for fun, I was just want what came to your head not a critique this time xD The only thing that bugs me is the neck, and yes I know the body wasn't drawn clean but it was just a 10min doodle.

Usually chibis don't have necks, or a very small on if they do.
Here's a random tutorial in case you wanted one. Not like it's some tried and true way, but just one artist's take.

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 28th, 2012 @ 11:04 PM Reply

At 7/28/12 06:31 PM, Kashi wrote:
At 7/28/12 02:35 AM, Night-Chao wrote: Ok I drew this chibi for fun, I was just want what came to your head not a critique this time xD The only thing that bugs me is the neck, and yes I know the body wasn't drawn clean but it was just a 10min doodle.
Usually chibis don't have necks, or a very small on if they do.
Here's a random tutorial in case you wanted one. Not like it's some tried and true way, but just one artist's take.

Yeah i know, I could go back and crop it, and get a totally different feel to it. Okay ill check it out, thanks!

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro Jul. 28th, 2012 @ 11:06 PM Reply

At 7/28/12 02:53 AM, PMMurphy wrote: what helped me was looking at art. Also i have met lots of talented artists and got great feedback. Also, apply life lessons to art and stuff like that. Art is weird, you have to really really think about it in order to improve. It wont really matter how many art classes you go to if you havn't lit that light bulb up yet. I did 6 years of art classes and honestly i learned more about art just doing my own thing.

Its all about your learning desire and process and dedication. Also when you do stuff challenge yourself and think about what you doing and why your doing it. Analyze everything, write analysis papers after each project about the good and bad, what could be better.

Research professional artists of ALL genre's of art and see what you like best in each one. Create a library of art to reference to and if you can network with all the talented artists you can. Ask them questions whore yourself for information.

This is what i do atleast :)

Yeah I have met some couple of good artist, and gotten some feedback. I think the best advice Ive gotten was from my friend Figgs, hes currently in the marines. He had sketches full of his comic character sketches and ideas. I got some pretty sweet anatomy knowledge and a book too!

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 06:38 PM Reply

Yet again a new digital drawing, I suck at backgrounds......yeah

NightChao Art muro

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to NightChao Art muro Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 06:53 PM Reply

At 8/5/12 06:38 PM, Night-Chao wrote: Yet again a new digital drawing, I suck at backgrounds......yeah

This one shows a lot of improvement imo. She still looks like she's gonna fall over :P just rotate her a bit so she's standing more upright and not leaning so much ;)

Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to NightChao Art muro Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 06:54 PM Reply

At 7/23/12 10:02 PM, Night-Chao wrote:
At 7/22/12 02:38 AM, Kashi wrote:
At 7/22/12 01:17 AM, Night-Chao wrote: still working on perspective and space, its really an obstacle for me xD
I really have no idea where you were heading with her outfit.
wow laying down some mad skills on me. I really do appreciate it. Honestly you made it look to easy, I just guess its gona take another 10 years before I even reach this baby step <-<. Thanks a lot, will use as an example for my drawings.

haa I know that feeling, pretty humbling right.

I browsed trough your pics and my tip would be to adress something I am struggling with as well. Shades

make them bolder, harder. So you can use soft edges, but the color difference seems to low imo


God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 11:17 PM Reply

At 8/5/12 06:53 PM, Kashi wrote:
At 8/5/12 06:38 PM, Night-Chao wrote: Yet again a new digital drawing, I suck at backgrounds......yeah
This one shows a lot of improvement imo. She still looks like she's gonna fall over :P just rotate her a bit so she's standing more upright and not leaning so much ;)

lol oh come on with the falling over xDD Yeah I worked on that area a bit. Okay ill try that. Thanks for the feed back!

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 11:20 PM Reply

At 8/5/12 06:54 PM, Tomsan wrote:
At 7/23/12 10:02 PM, Night-Chao wrote:
At 7/22/12 02:38 AM, Kashi wrote:
At 7/22/12 01:17 AM, Night-Chao wrote: still working on perspective and space, its really an obstacle for me xD
I really have no idea where you were heading with her outfit.
wow laying down some mad skills on me. I really do appreciate it. Honestly you made it look to easy, I just guess its gona take another 10 years before I even reach this baby step <-<. Thanks a lot, will use as an example for my drawings.
haa I know that feeling, pretty humbling right.

I browsed trough your pics and my tip would be to adress something I am struggling with as well. Shades

make them bolder, harder. So you can use soft edges, but the color difference seems to low imo

Yeah I have no patience for coloring -_- With this new one, I sort of shaded, but not fully putting levels of gradation. i am looking for a easier way for coloring, even a messy one if It would make it that much easier and less stressful. Thank you for the opinion, I highly appreciate your time to comment!

InfectedSpirit
InfectedSpirit
  • Member since: Oct. 3, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to NightChao Art muro Aug. 6th, 2012 @ 02:03 AM Reply

At 5/17/12 07:59 PM, MadCow wrote:
At 5/17/12 07:29 PM, Night-Chao wrote: *ahem* it was a doodle, although your right about being anime/ realistic.
what is with the cop-out response of "ohhh ehh i-it w-was just a sketch i-i wasn't REALLY trying~" when someone gives a negative critique? just shut your big dumb baby mouth. no more excuses for your lack of skill. only practice & improvement.

Because you were being a plain ass about it. Of course someone would defend themselves, if someone else started insulting your work.

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 07:46 PM Reply

New drawing!!!

NightChao Art muro