Be a Supporter!

NightChao Art muro

  • 5,508 Views
  • 87 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
NightChao Art muro 2012-05-17 18:02:29 Reply

Moved to Art forum ;X

Hello there, if you would so as take your time to critique my art work on what I can approve on, it doesn't have to long, just straight forward comments should do it ;)
So here's my most recent upload, what do you think?

NightChao Art muro

MadCow
MadCow
  • Member since: May. 27, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-17 18:12:49 Reply

very cartoony when you're trying to be somewhat realistic. medicore scribbly shading with no light source. need to push the value scale more. the perspective & proportions are way off. the womans anatomy is poorly done, her face is in a ridiculous unrealistic perspective and she is floating on non-existent legs. her hair is a mess too. you got lazy with the background, i assume that you were trying to draw some sort of mountain range & beach, but it looks like a giant turd & a weird out-of-perspective waterfall. terrible scribble clouds. also, that tank looks hilariously awkward.

overall grade: gay 2/10. let me guess, you are "inspired" to draw by your favorite generic anime/manga artists.


REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature
Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-17 19:29:25 Reply

*ahem* it was a doodle, although your right about being anime/ realistic.

MadCow
MadCow
  • Member since: May. 27, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-17 19:59:57 Reply

At 5/17/12 07:29 PM, Night-Chao wrote: *ahem* it was a doodle, although your right about being anime/ realistic.

what is with the cop-out response of "ohhh ehh i-it w-was just a sketch i-i wasn't REALLY trying~" when someone gives a negative critique? just shut your big dumb baby mouth. no more excuses for your lack of skill. only practice & improvement.


REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature
Template88
Template88
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-17 20:03:32 Reply

Madcow stop making me wet with all of these critiques with your hard throbbing honesty and anger.
You are supposed to say "Looks good keep it up" or "Just keep drawing" or "Practice anatomy" like everybody else.


Thoughts in chaos...
Illustration thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1229930
Animation thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1332069

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Art Lover
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-17 22:10:35 Reply

At 5/17/12 08:03 PM, Template88 wrote: Madcow stop making me wet with all of these critiques with your hard throbbing honesty and anger.
You are supposed to say "Looks good keep it up" or "Just keep drawing" or "Practice anatomy" like everybody else.

It's sad how you fail to see how MadCow is purposely trolling different users in their art threads instead of actually giving advice and how you even value this kind of behaviour high while you act like all the other users who try to be helpful are useless idiots. Really, you are not the only one who can give proper advice.

And in any case there is never a reason to be an asshole about people's mistakes, no matter how big they are.


BBS Signature
Spac3case916
Spac3case916
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-17 22:29:34 Reply

At 5/17/12 06:02 PM, Night-Chao wrote: Moved to Art forum ;X

Hello there, if you would so as take your time to critique my art work on what I can approve on, it doesn't have to long, just straight forward comments should do it ;)
So here's my most recent upload, what do you think?

the perspective looks awkward for several reasons.

the tree line moves to a vanishing point, but the grass line (or whatever) moves to a different one. This is TOTALLY possible in real life so it's not actually wrong, but it still looks awkward. that would have been a time to take artistic control and change reality a tiny bit.

also the tank looks weird with this perspective. you have to be careful about such harddefined shapes because the errors will really stick out and can get frustrating.


[-----free like clouds-----]
My art thread <3

BBS Signature
Spac3case916
Spac3case916
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-17 22:32:00 Reply

to clarify on the tank look at the back of the tread.
you should be able to see the other one sticking out slightly based off of how it's turned.


[-----free like clouds-----]
My art thread <3

BBS Signature
Template88
Template88
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-17 23:13:06 Reply

At 5/17/12 10:10 PM, Luwano wrote:
At 5/17/12 08:03 PM, Template88 wrote: Madcow stop making me wet with all of these critiques with your hard throbbing honesty and anger.
You are supposed to say "Looks good keep it up" or "Just keep drawing" or "Practice anatomy" like everybody else.
It's sad how you fail to see how MadCow is purposely trolling different users in their art threads instead of actually giving advice and how you even value this kind of behaviour high while you act like all the other users who try to be helpful are useless idiots. Really, you are not the only one who can give proper advice.

And in any case there is never a reason to be an asshole about people's mistakes, no matter how big they are.

fail to see Oh no, I clearly see how he is being a jerk. If he was saying things that were not at least partially true I could disregard him as mere forum troll antics but he is (mostly) pointing out the flaws and offering no advice on how to get better while calling out the person on lame excuses and typical drawing shortcuts. And being a dick about it (its hard to do all of that without sounding like a dick, try it). HARDLY ANYONE gives any critiques worth a damn and even if they did most people don't listen, citing overused excuses such as "its my style" "its just a doodle" "i drew it fast". Over time you start to see a pattern with this sort of thing, and some people get frustrated. I honestly think he is just buttmad and is being honest with how he feels and not giving a shit about how the other person feels. I can identify with this.


Thoughts in chaos...
Illustration thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1229930
Animation thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1332069

BBS Signature
Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-17 23:24:10 Reply

*looks around* maybe I should use another drawing <-< because honestly I was trying something new with Tank Beach drawing, but this drawing is what I mostly do, this one is a Fan Art from a character from Tales of Symphonia.

NightChao Art muro

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-17 23:27:40 Reply

At 5/17/12 07:59 PM, MadCow wrote:
At 5/17/12 07:29 PM, Night-Chao wrote: *ahem* it was a doodle, although your right about being anime/ realistic.

just shut your big dumb baby mouth. no more excuses for your lack of skill. only practice & improvement.

good to know a hater cares for me ;) love you

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-17 23:28:52 Reply


And in any case there is never a reason to be an asshole about people's mistakes, no matter how big they are.

they are common creatures in the internet

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-17 23:30:02 Reply

At 5/17/12 10:32 PM, Spac3case916 wrote: to clarify on the tank look at the back of the tread.
you should be able to see the other one sticking out slightly based off of how it's turned.

yeah I know, realism has to be really polished or it comes out bad, I was just messing around, since I rarely draw backgrounds and what not. Yeah I used a reference for the tank, but I still lack in that area. Thanks for the advice!

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-20 18:49:49 Reply

bump

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-21 08:02:33 Reply

At 5/20/12 06:49 PM, Night-Chao wrote: bump

Hey welcome to the Art Forum. Nice to someone new around. I would say your artwork is pretty okay, but it would a lot nicer if you could try your hand at using a pen. It would make your lines a lot more crisp and prominent. Practicing shading would also help since it makes a picture all the more realistic. Good luck.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Artist
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-21 10:00:01 Reply

I love the tales of games :D
It's a nice picture, the legs seem a lil off though.

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-21 23:30:39 Reply

At 5/21/12 08:02 AM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 5/20/12 06:49 PM, Night-Chao wrote: bump
Hey welcome to the Art Forum. Nice to someone new around. I would say your artwork is pretty okay, but it would a lot nicer if you could try your hand at using a pen. It would make your lines a lot more crisp and prominent. Practicing shading would also help since it makes a picture all the more realistic. Good luck.

Ok sounds like a plan, ill work on that. Yeah im not cut out for digital coloring guess ill stick with traditional and shading ;X Thanks for the welcome and advice/opinion!

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-21 23:34:25 Reply

At 5/21/12 10:00 AM, BeckyRawr wrote: I love the tales of games :D
It's a nice picture, the legs seem a lil off though.

Yeah it is, still working on my anatomy ;X

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-21 23:35:37 Reply

One of my newest drawings, I eye balled the height ._.

NightChao Art muro

MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-21 23:45:13 Reply

At 5/21/12 11:35 PM, Night-Chao wrote: One of my newest drawings, I eye balled the height ._.

Neat.

CypressDahlia
CypressDahlia
  • Member since: Nov. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-22 01:21:31 Reply

It's a big improvement over the first pic, but those arms are way too long. The hands should only be about 3/4ths of a head in size. With his arms at his sides, the fingertips should be about 3/4ths of the way down his thigh. Right now he could touch his knees if he hung his arms down. Elbows should be about the same level as the belly button. It seems most of your problems with proportions lie in the arms.

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-22 19:25:55 Reply

At 5/22/12 01:21 AM, CypressDahlia wrote: It's a big improvement over the first pic, but those arms are way too long. The hands should only be about 3/4ths of a head in size. With his arms at his sides, the fingertips should be about 3/4ths of the way down his thigh. Right now he could touch his knees if he hung his arms down. Elbows should be about the same level as the belly button. It seems most of your problems with proportions lie in the arms.

I know what you mean but I guess im more of a realistic drawer than anime ish. Ill work on getting a realistic eyes and what not so it leans towards realism and not so reliant on anime. Thanks for opinion though im still working on my anatomy ;)

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-22 19:29:17 Reply

At 5/21/12 11:45 PM, MajesticBob wrote:
At 5/21/12 11:35 PM, Night-Chao wrote: One of my newest drawings, I eye balled the height ._.
Neat.

thanks for comment!

CypressDahlia
CypressDahlia
  • Member since: Nov. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-22 20:23:19 Reply

At 5/22/12 07:25 PM, Night-Chao wrote: I know what you mean but I guess im more of a realistic drawer than anime ish. Ill work on getting a realistic eyes and what not so it leans towards realism and not so reliant on anime. Thanks for opinion though im still working on my anatomy ;)

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

The proportions I gave you are based on realism, not manga.

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-23 13:24:24 Reply

At 5/22/12 08:23 PM, CypressDahlia wrote:
At 5/22/12 07:25 PM, Night-Chao wrote: I know what you mean but I guess im more of a realistic drawer than anime ish. Ill work on getting a realistic eyes and what not so it leans towards realism and not so reliant on anime. Thanks for opinion though im still working on my anatomy ;)
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

The proportions I gave you are based on realism, not manga.

hmm my reading skills failed me. Yeah im working on that, sorry for the confusion :\

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-23 16:12:20 Reply

I tried some fail 3D in this request.....ugh anatomy plus perspective is BITCH!

NightChao Art muro

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-25 23:16:16 Reply

bump

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-05-29 13:22:25 Reply

A gift for a friend, I didn't think we should be this serious about it ;\

NightChao Art muro

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-06-04 12:23:48 Reply

My newest coloring, also I went for a different messy style of coloring <-<

NightChao Art muro

Night-Chao
Night-Chao
  • Member since: Jun. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NightChao Art muro 2012-06-05 14:29:56 Reply

Heres a new one, the line art is messy btw I am aware of that and this is an old drawing also that I decided to color.

NightChao Art muro