00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PopiSlim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread.

13,758 Views | 246 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-05 13:25:22

Damn, not much to speak of for Nintendo yet, only thing that caught my eye was the new Mario game. Hopefully we'll get some more stuff tomorrow

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-05 13:29:56

Strong start, followed by a bunch of year-old ports, Mario rehashes and some Mario Party Mii shite.

Had such high hopes for Nintendo too.

Sony > Ubisoft > Nintendo > Microsoft > EA

But they were all pretty dire.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-05 13:32:21

At 6/5/12 11:13 AM, Austerity wrote: Any links to live feeds?

Manchinima's and Gamespot's channel on youtube have live streaming for each conference.Gp to their channel and you'll find it.
When will Dishonored be shown?

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-05 13:45:05

So wait, today is day one? What was yesterday then? I don't even...

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-05 13:46:31

At 6/5/12 01:19 PM, Bahamut wrote: I'm glad to know what I'm not getting anytime soon and that's a WiiU. So little to advertise for it. At least with the Wii there was some games to anticipate for when they were talking about but WiiU? Just Pikmin 3 and some Mario games so far. I'd buy it just for a Metroid game (but no awful crossover ideas).

Actually. A lot of third party developers like Ubisoft are scheduled to release games for the WiiU.
But sadly enough they're all ports.

I think they're going to announce more games later on though, like with the 3DS?

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-05 13:53:22

Nintendo and Ubisoft were my favorites this year. I expected a little more from nintendo, but it was still good in my opinion. I honestly thought that nintendoland thing at the end looked fun. I mean not one of those games that will suck you in and keep you playing for ages, but just one of those games you can break out with friends and have a good laugh playing some light hearted and fun games anyone can get into. I've always appreciated Nintendo for their local multiplayer support. Also pikmin 3 FINALLY

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-05 15:27:37

Nintendo's press conference sucked. It wasn't anything near EA's or Microsoft's level of suck, it was just boring. Ports of old games, mario re-hashes, and they still didn't change the name of the system, which right now sounds like a fucking police siren (WHEEE-OOOH-WHEEE-OOOH)

Although the mario re-hashes look fun, it's just more of the same. Nintendo needs a few new IP's, a system with controllers designed for humans, and to name the systems something normal. If they want to push the idea of a screen being on the controller, why is there only support for two tablet controllers at once? Shouldn't it be four? Shouldn't they stop now and make a better system?

Also I went back and watched Ubisoft's conference, which was pretty good.

I've revised my scores a bit, here's my conclusion

Sony : 7/10
Ubisoft : 7/10
Sony and Ubisoft definitely had the best of the show. Showing off things people may actually care for, instead of shovelware or nothing at all.
Nintendo : 6/10
Boring and more of the same, but that sameness is still pretty good. Not too bad.
Microsoft : 4/10
Boring and generic games across the board, the Kinect sucks, stop pushing it. It's like they planned the conference the day before E3 happening.
EA : 3/10
Generic FPS', Sports games. Why do they have their own conference again?

Also, if Nintendo is trying so hard to push that controller with a screen thing, why not make it like this, instead of a tablet with limited functionality for the system?

Comfortable, simple, easy, and it could have a touch screen. The possibilities are endless! Instead they wanted to add buttons and joysticks to a fucking iPad. Bad move, Nintendo.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-05 15:52:29

At 6/5/12 03:48 PM, Austerity wrote: Resident Evil 6 is the best game at this year's e3 so far.

I've seen better games.I agree RE6 was great but I liked more Assassin's Creed III,Watch Dogs and some others...

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-05 16:06:41

At 6/5/12 03:27 PM, explodingbunnies wrote: a system with controllers designed for humans

On the bright side, they have the Wii U Pro Controller for the Wii U along with their tablet controller, so that's one thing solved.

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-05 16:26:53

At 6/5/12 04:06 PM, Klobb17 wrote:
At 6/5/12 03:27 PM, explodingbunnies wrote: a system with controllers designed for humans
On the bright side, they have the Wii U Pro Controller for the Wii U along with their tablet controller, so that's one thing solved.

Ew, oh god that layout is putrid. Tell me that's not real. Buttons should never be placed there like a retarded inverse playstation controller! Did Nintendo forget how to make a regular controller? The Wii Classic controller is balls, Wiimote and nunchuck is so gimmicky and meh, and then this shit? Although the gamecube controller was awkward, it was definitely good. I'm hoping for gamecube controller support or something on this system.

Also, I forgot to mention in my previous post that the best game of the show so far is The Last of Us.

BBS Signature

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-05 17:08:17

You people are all so negative. Let's focus on the good of Nintendo's conference (as boring as it was at times).

Here's a full list of games.

Pikmin 3 was a great kickoff. Looks really cool. The graphics look nice, hopefully it is just a working model and other games have better more detailed graphics. Really looking forward to this, second best game of their conference.

The 3DS guy really needed to get his bit over with. He's getting an hour tomorrow just for a 3DS conference, so get on with it. Paper Mario, and Luigi's Mansion 2 are exciting me, so I'll watch tomorrow. Castlevania and that Mickey game (apparently the sequel to Castle of Illusion) look pretty good.

Rayman Legends is going to be amazing, Scribblenauts will be a slightly better thing that you bought twice already.

Ports. Atleast if you haven't already bought them they'll be good.

I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T CHECK THIS OUT I'LL PUNCH YOU UP THE ASS. It's a port of one of the best Arcade games I've ever played, a ridiculous battle mode and horde mode, this shit is fun.

Didn't see this at the show, but it has Wario in it, so...

This thing looks really good. I've seen some gameplay trailers and it looks like a super intense movie license. No movie to tie into so must have had some work put into it.

Nintendoland looks fun and you know it. Better than Wii sports for sure, and you get to dress up as the characters. YOU CANNOT DENY HOW MUCH YOU WILL PLAY THIS WHEN IT IS INEVITABLY PACKED WITH THE SYSTEM.

I'm not super excited about this (New Super Mario bros 2 for 3DS is also coming out) but it looks good. I saw a backgorund that looked a lot like a painting.

IF YOU LISTEN TO ME ABOUT ANYTHING LISTEN TO THIS ONE. GTA combined with LEGO equals amazing. It's looks corny as hell, but the gameplay looks awesome, with disguises, wall jumping, and badassness. Day one buy for me.

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-05 17:16:24

At 6/5/12 05:07 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote:
At 6/5/12 04:26 PM, explodingbunnies wrote: Ew, oh god that layout is putrid.
The fuck you saying, it looks fine. It might take a bit to get used to the right stick on the top, but aside from that I don't see anything really godawful about it's design.

Think of the hand placement. Your right hand would have to be shifted down in an awkward position just to hit your normal buttons.

BBS Signature

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-05 18:46:24

At 6/5/12 05:16 PM, explodingbunnies wrote: Think of the hand placement. Your right hand would have to be shifted down in an awkward position just to hit your normal buttons.

It's designed for FPS games, or games where you use the camera and triggers more than your buttons, smart ass.

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-05 18:57:03

At 6/5/12 06:46 PM, Damien wrote: It's designed for FPS games, or games where you use the camera and triggers more than your buttons, smart ass.

>Nintendo Console
>Designed for FPS games.

Excuse me?

No need to get flustered, either.

BBS Signature

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-05 19:02:03

At 6/5/12 06:57 PM, explodingbunnies wrote:
At 6/5/12 06:46 PM, Damien wrote: It's designed for FPS games, or games where you use the camera and triggers more than your buttons, smart ass.
>Nintendo Console
>Designed for FPS games.

Excuse me?

Call of Smash Bros. Modern Brawling.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-05 19:20:28

Guys, remember when Final Fantasy XIV came out and it was total trash? Well...it seems like they are making lots of improvements for the game.

In case if anyone is wondering.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-05 21:46:03

At 6/5/12 06:46 PM, Damien wrote:
It's designed for FPS games, or games where you use the camera and triggers more than your buttons, smart ass.

designing a controller, of all things, for FPS games is really, really retarded.

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-05 21:57:34

At 6/5/12 09:46 PM, Exile wrote:
At 6/5/12 06:46 PM, Damien wrote:
designing a controller, of all things, for FPS games is really, really retarded.

I think I agree with you for once!

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-05 22:52:14

At 6/5/12 07:20 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: Guys, remember when Final Fantasy XIV came out and it was total trash? Well...it seems like they are making lots of improvements for the game.

In case if anyone is wondering.

That doesn't look like the same game. Let's hope it doesn't play the same.

BBS Signature

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-05 23:54:33

At 6/5/12 06:57 PM, explodingbunnies wrote:
>Nintendo Console
>Designed for FPS games.

>greentexting like a retard on the newgrounds forums
>oh look at me im so cool i use 4chan scripts
>im a major dickweed that hates everything and everyone should agree with me or i will insult you and everything you like
>stop liking things and having fun because having fun is retarded nintendo should just stop making games because i dont like the games that nintendo makes because theyre not my taste

Excuse me?

Go shitpost somewhere else faggot.

I dont know if you guys have noticed this, but theres a shitload of FPS games out there on the consoles. And nintendo is trying to get more third-party developers to their console and is doing their best to reach to a "core" audience.
The only argument people had against nintendo was "hurr durr kiddy casual games hurr". And when they're changing that, you guys are implying Nintendo should stay away from that?
What?

Whatever. I'm out.

Enjoy your WONDERBOOK and SMART GLASS on your shitty consoles.

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-06 00:48:15

At 6/5/12 03:48 PM, Austerity wrote: Resident Evil 6 is the best game at this year's e3 so far.

Resident Evil 6

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-06 02:46:48

Wow Nintendo conference fucking SUCKED.

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-06 15:47:36

At 6/6/12 12:54 AM, Cootie wrote: Microsoft decided it was a good idea to go on and on for half the show about some tablet being the remote shit that nobody gave a fuck about. Good work on that one. The only thing to salvage it for you guys was Halo 4 and an amazing looking Tomb Raider.

Tomb Raider is Konami's I believe. Not property of Microsoft.

Jehuty, the ultimate mech!

BBS Signature

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-06 15:51:18

At 6/6/12 03:47 PM, Davidson13 wrote:
At 6/6/12 12:54 AM, Cootie wrote: Microsoft decided it was a good idea to go on and on for half the show about some tablet being the remote shit that nobody gave a fuck about. Good work on that one. The only thing to salvage it for you guys was Halo 4 and an amazing looking Tomb Raider.
Tomb Raider is Konami's I believe. Not property of Microsoft.

It's Square Enix's. Sorry about that lol brain fart. Don't know why I thought it was konami's.

Jehuty, the ultimate mech!

BBS Signature

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-06 16:09:19

Here is a time zone converter.

Nintendo is doing a live internet feed at 9:00 PM EST today of their 3DS game lineup, since the guy in their performance couldn't talk for shit.

Since the 3DS is already out, it should be better than the conference.

5 hours from this post

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-06 16:52:54

At 6/6/12 04:09 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote:
In all fairness, the Xbox 360 controller basically ripped off the GameCube controller. So they've pretty much come full-circle.

No it isn't. The xbox 360 controller is just a better version of the Xbox 1 controller, and the xbox / gamecube came out around the same time.

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-06 22:07:36

The Nintendo 3DS conference was okay, wished they revealed something new.

Basically it went like this:

Castlevania game looks pretty good.

Luigi's Mansion got the most applause.

Epic Mickey Power of Illusion has underwhelming graphics, probably fantastic gameplay.

Paper Mario started of dull, got better by the end.

They bragged about statistics.

Digital and hard copies of games to now be sold, starting with New Super Mario bros 2.

Kingdom hearts, Scribblenauts, other crap shown.

Sigh... Majora's mask 3D, Fire Emblem 3DS...

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-06 22:11:09

At 6/6/12 10:07 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: The Nintendo 3DS conference was okay, wished they revealed something new.

If they were going to reveal something new, they wouldve hinted at it in the main conference. I watched it fully expecting to just get more details concerning the games they already told about.

Digital and hard copies of games to now be sold, starting with New Super Mario bros 2.

I thought that sounded pretty cool. Now you dont have to go out and buy the games, just download them from home!

Kingdom hearts, Scribblenauts, other crap shown.

you left out Black and White 2, but thats ok, im not as excited for that either

Sigh... Majora's mask 3D

perhaps someday, i dont know though...

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-06 22:40:04

At 6/6/12 10:07 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Fire Emblem 3DS...

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30615

You guys don't know how close you were to suffering from a massive fallout by Fire Emblem fans. Myself included.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to E3 2012 prediction/waitin g thread. 2012-06-06 23:11:02

Definitely pre ordering Halo 4 and Assassins Creed 3

Last of us looks interesting enough to make me wanna purchase a PS3.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature