00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do deadlines help you work faster?

690 Views | 12 Replies

I was watching the news, and it was talking about how brides try to lose weight to fit into their dream dress. This can, of course; be applied to anything. For example, when Tom announced the stencyl jam 2012, It really forced me out of a lazy slump and make me work my ass off. If deadlines don't help you, tell me why.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Do deadlines help you work faster? 2012-05-16 16:37:52

If there's a reward for meeting the deadline or punishment for passing it, yes.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Do deadlines help you work faster? 2012-05-16 16:42:52

Depends on how important it is. If it has anything to with money and fees, I try to get that in way before the deadline.

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Do deadlines help you work faster? 2012-05-16 16:48:17

At 5/16/12 04:41 PM, MikeyS9607 wrote: I have an "I'll release it when it's done." attitude. I hate being rushed. That's why I hate Game Jams and shit. )Not the games, just the rushing)

I understand. I like to do stuff when the deadline is weeks away. Game jams seem kinda scary for me, because I can't work well with people under pressure and to make something in one day is going to bust my balls.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Do deadlines help you work faster? 2012-05-16 16:48:20

Having a deadline just ensures that whatever I'm doing will get done, but it's usually very last minute. For instance, this past semester, I had about 5 weeks to write this 5-7 page research paper on George Orwell. It was the easiest paper I've done in a while, but I didn't start it, including the research, until about 7 pm the night before it was due, and I got a perfect score on it. All a deadline does to me is increase my stress, because I know I have to finish something; it's just, how much can I slack off before it needs to be done?

But if I don't have a deadline, then I won't get shit done. My high school career was like that; we could hand in assignments as late as the last day of school, so I usually wouldn't do the work until the absolute last minute.

BBS Signature

Response to Do deadlines help you work faster? 2012-05-16 16:49:15

No, they make me procrastinate to the last minute usually.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Do deadlines help you work faster? 2012-05-16 16:54:57

At 5/16/12 04:49 PM, Ryanson wrote: No, they make me procrastinate to the last minute usually.

Pretty much this, but it's last day or hours for me.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Do deadlines help you work faster? 2012-05-16 17:00:41

Yes,I want to be sure that nothing will go wrong.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Do deadlines help you work faster? 2012-05-16 17:09:06

Unfortunately, no. Deadlines make me slack off big time. I prefer working on my own time.

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to Do deadlines help you work faster? 2012-05-16 17:35:16

I think deadlines definitely push us to work faster. Without deadlines, we tend to feel like we have unlimited time to finish something.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Do deadlines help you work faster? 2012-05-16 19:15:52

They tend to make me lazy. If there's a deadline I wait last minute to start. I only do things if I care about them or they are important to me.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Do deadlines help you work faster? 2012-05-16 19:28:10

deadlines doesn't help me work faster, i need my own time for stuff and i think deadlines often are too short of time

He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier

BBS Signature

Response to Do deadlines help you work faster? 2012-05-16 19:42:05

They don't make you work faster. Ultimately, tasks have to be finished in a timely manner. It's why deadlines exist.

Proper time and stress management helps you complete tasks within deadlines and do them faster. If you're relying on last minute panic to help you finish a task, that is both poor time and stress management, and it will wear you out and you'll start making silly mistakes on your projects.