LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 01:49 AM Reply

Dave Grohl carried them

Cobain could barely write. Couldn't play his instrument. They weren't even the best Seattle band, let alone best band ever.

I was really into them when I was 14 and "my life sucked". Thankfully, I got Appetite for Destruction shortly after, and realized, "Hey, music is supposed to be fun! I'd much rather listen to songs about fun shit than songs about being strung out". Thank god because who know where I'd be if I kept listening to the pussy ass emo shit.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 01:50 AM Reply

Also, Cobain...christ. All his bitching about success...

No one forced him to make records. If it really bothered him that much, he could've just quit. He was just a pretentious ass.

JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 01:51 AM Reply

At 1/14/13 01:39 AM, TB1ZZL3 wrote:
At 1/14/13 01:37 AM, JBK wrote: Maybe best pop punk band.
Nirvana is not pop punk. They're pop in comparison to other grunge bands, but not strictly pop punk.

And by grunge bands, I mean Mudhoney, Melvins, etc. Not putrid crap like Pearl Jam.

Whats funny is I've seen them refer to themselves as a punk band at least once but never took to the term grunge. One of their goals sort of was to emulate a punk rock band called The Wipers. They successfully took punk rock to pop without compromising their punk roots.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 01:52 AM Reply

At 1/14/13 01:40 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Nirvana was great until Love came in the picture and fucked everything up.

Yes and no. Kurt had a heroin problem and that itself was it's own brand of fucked up with or without Love. You might even say that without Love being around, Kurt might have died from an overdose before he could even record In Utero. She indeed saved his life quite a few times. But yes, because she was the grunge Yoko.

JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 02:00 AM Reply

At 1/14/13 01:52 AM, Stereocrisis wrote:
At 1/14/13 01:40 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Nirvana was great until Love came in the picture and fucked everything up.
Yes and no. Kurt had a heroin problem and that itself was it's own brand of fucked up with or without Love. You might even say that without Love being around, Kurt might have died from an overdose before he could even record In Utero. She indeed saved his life quite a few times. But yes, because she was the grunge Yoko.

I genuinely believe it is possible that she paid the guy from The Mentors to assassinate him. I don't know that it worked out that way.

They both had a problem already. They were both very negative people and toxic for eachother. Unfortunatly she was the one that managed to survive. Its sad but Kurt had so much more potential and worth.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
Last.fm

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 02:09 AM Reply

At 5/15/12 09:56 PM, Zippy-MyMusic wrote: Simply and easily, there is no band better than Nirvana. Not the Beatles, not the Rolling Stones, not ANYONE can beat Nirvana in talent and songwriting ability.

Try and prove me wrong. I dare you.

I can't. Since people who claim popular bands are the best shit ever, are always the least knowledgeable when it comes to music. I could list countless bands that didn't made the charts and who had much more interresting careers. But it wouldn't work. Try convincing a Led Zeppelin fan that they aren't the best band ever...

Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 02:10 AM Reply

At 1/14/13 01:50 AM, LemonCrush wrote: Also, Cobain...christ. All his bitching about success...

No one forced him to make records. If it really bothered him that much, he could've just quit. He was just a pretentious ass.

Dude, he was bitching about being labeled the voice of a generation. He knew just as you know how stupid that sounds. That didn't mean he didn't want to be a musician anymore. He was bitching mostly because of his ill health. He had a terrible addiction that suddenly he had to hide from everyone because he didn't want to influence kids to start using smack. He felt guilty about it. He had a heart. All his success didn't matter. He still felt like shit most days. After he made his millions, he just wanted to get high all the time and be left alone. And like anyone else, he was a contradiction. He bitched about being famous, but I'm sure he did like some of the perks, especially the money that afforded him his awesome new lifestyle of not being treated like a street person anymore.

You know what? Fuck it. He's dead. He's gone. I really liked Nirvana, and still do. I wish they could have made more music, but it was not to be. I just feel the need to defend certain things your saying because I have heard him speak for himself in interviews, and read enough about the guy and heard enough of his music to have a pretty good idea of what drove him over the edge. He wasn't just an asshole. The last thing he ever did was an asshole thing to do, but that shouldn't define his whole legacy. He was a caring and decent enough guy most of his life, despite his issues.

ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 03:08 AM Reply

haha! Epic troll!

An alright band, defining their times yes. original,no, but who is? They made the cardinal sin of being open about who they nicked tunes from - Boston, Damned. People never asccuse Sex Pistols of cribbing, they kust never listed ABBA as an influence.

I'm more of an Alice In Chains man meself. When it comes to Grunge. Altohugh I l;ove Sliver, Lithium, Endless, Nameless.

I love to talk to Nirvana (USA) fans about Nirvana. They are all "I've never heard Pentecost Hotel" and I'm all LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Sic semper amicitia!!!
Ambient Music Club.
Sig by Illicit, thankies ^_^

BBS Signature
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 11:36 AM Reply

At 1/14/13 03:08 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I l;ove Sliver, Lithium, Endless, Nameless.

You like Lithium? This is me.

MikeVouros
MikeVouros
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 11:39 AM Reply

I miss the 90's and listening to them, Bush, NIN, Alice 'n Chains, STP, Soundgarden, etc. And back when MTV was actually...MTV.

Nirvana was a great band but far from the best imo.

ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 12:02 PM Reply

At 1/14/13 11:36 AM, Stereocrisis wrote:
At 1/14/13 03:08 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I l;ove Sliver, Lithium, Endless, Nameless.

FUCKIN a MAN!!!

Sic semper amicitia!!!
Ambient Music Club.
Sig by Illicit, thankies ^_^

BBS Signature
creepyboy
creepyboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 12:30 PM Reply

At 1/14/13 01:49 AM, LemonCrush wrote:
I was really into them when I was 14 and "my life sucked". Thankfully, I got Appetite for Destruction shortly after, and realized, "Hey, music is supposed to be fun! I'd much rather listen to songs about fun shit than songs about being strung out".

It was the other way to me, when I was 13 I was really into Guns N Roses because an older cousin loved them, but then, thanks to one of my best friends in school I listened to Nevermind and Bleach and I realized "Hey, music can be deep and talk to me directly. I prefer listen to music I can relate to, instead of shallow lyrics and overworked music about girls, partying and senseless destruction" and then I got really into Grunge and 80's punk and alternative rock and still today, in my mid 20's, it's the kind of music I listen the most.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet
Art Page|Art Thread|DeviantArt|Twitter

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 01:26 PM Reply

Kurt Cobain was the Justin Beiber of the previous generation.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 02:20 PM Reply

At 1/14/13 12:30 PM, creepyboy wrote: It was the other way to me, when I was 13 I was really into Guns N Roses because an older cousin loved them, but then, thanks to one of my best friends in school I listened to Nevermind and Bleach and I realized...

Eh, who would rather hear about being strung out than hearing about havin fun with your friends?

ManDeep
ManDeep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 02:27 PM Reply

Yea, i'm more of a Radiohead guy.

TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 02:31 PM Reply

At 5/15/12 09:56 PM, Zippy-MyMusic wrote: Simply and easily, there is no band better than Nirvana. Not the Beatles, not the Rolling Stones, not ANYONE can beat Nirvana in talent...

Foo Fighters. Where Dave Grohl has a real band to back.

BBS Signature
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 1/14/13 12:02 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
At 1/14/13 11:36 AM, Stereocrisis wrote:
FUCKIN a MAN!!!

You like that? Checkthis out.

Tobi
Tobi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 03:34 PM Reply

At 1/14/13 01:49 AM, LemonCrush wrote: Dave Grohl carried them

Bleach was their best album, so that can't really be true.

But anyway, Bleach is good album, Nevermind is a bit too poppy (good stuff on there though), and in Utero is really meh. Seems like an attempt to go back to their roots, while still remaining commercial to please their label.

BBS Signature
Sandman99999
Sandman99999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 09:20 PM Reply

But Nirvana fucking sucks, how could they possibly be the "best band ever."

You kids make no sense to me.

Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 09:21 PM Reply

kurt cobAINGST

[SevkittyBBS, join LOSER] - [I am not a crook] - [Add me on Steam: svkkt]

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 09:32 PM Reply

At 1/14/13 01:37 AM, JBK wrote: Maybe best pop punk band.

Hahaha what the fuck am I reading.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 09:34 PM Reply

At 1/14/13 02:31 PM, TruBluFoxx wrote:
At 5/15/12 09:56 PM, Zippy-MyMusic wrote: Simply and easily, there is no band better than Nirvana. Not the Beatles, not the Rolling Stones, not ANYONE can beat Nirvana in talent...

Dave Grohl is a cocksucker and his music is lame
he should've stuck to drumming
R.E.M. is like a thousand times better than Nirvana or Foo Fighters and R.E.M. isn't even that good

BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 09:34 PM Reply

At 1/14/13 03:34 PM, Tobi wrote:
At 1/14/13 01:49 AM, LemonCrush wrote: Dave Grohl carried them
Bleach was their best album, so that can't really be true.

But anyway, Bleach is good album, Nevermind is a bit too poppy (good stuff on there though), and in Utero is really meh. Seems like an attempt to go back to their roots, while still remaining commercial to please their label.

All their early works on Bleach and Incesticide were their best. And Kurts other band Fecal Matter.

Last.fm

BBS Signature
Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 09:35 PM Reply

At 1/14/13 09:34 PM, JBK wrote: All their early works on Bleach and Incesticide were their best. And Kurts other band Fecal Matter.

okay
lets take this guy for example
Bleach is like the worst fucking album anyone ever made, Negative Creep sounds like kurt was flailing his arm up and down his fretboard screaming nonsense oh wait it's because he was
incesticide was ok though

BBS Signature
TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 10:37 PM Reply

At 1/14/13 09:34 PM, Sevkat wrote:
At 1/14/13 02:31 PM, TruBluFoxx wrote:
Dave Grohl is a cocksucker and his music is lame

Yeah, I've heard he can be a real dick, but I love the Foo Fighters.

he should've stuck to drumming

That bay be true...

R.E.M. is like a thousand times better than Nirvana or Foo Fighters and R.E.M. isn't even that good

Yes, I agree, but im just pointing out that the drummer for the band made a better one. More musical talent

If ya wanna step away from the band itself, I think Of Mice and Men sounds better than Nirvana, and I fucking hate them.

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 10:40 PM Reply

At 5/15/12 09:58 PM, Egotractor wrote: no, LMFAO is the best band ever

finallly someone gets it

BBS Signature
Sandman99999
Sandman99999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Nirvana is the best band ever. Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 10:56 PM Reply

I mean seriously guys, they tried to cover The Man Who Sold the World and it sounded like complete anus.

THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS BROKE MY HEART