MAAM RESULTS INCOMING
Ornery's going to prepare some statements on why we come up with our choices on the winners,
while I thought it would be a good idea to highlight some reviews that caught our eye, to give an idea of what (in our opinion) makes a decent art review. 'Specially given the risquÃ© subject.
Generally, the decent reviews and reviewers did a few of the following things:
- Comment on the anatomy on the pic, whether it be successful or errors.
- If there are errors, pinpoint them and suggest corrections. Sometimes it helps to provide a reference, such as "the forearm is twice as thick as the waist" or "it is impossible to arc your back in that way" to send your message to the artist effectively.
- Comment on what you enjoy, such as the composition, colour or features that capture your heart. Artists will get a kick out of this, either because they've accomplished something they were attempting in the image, or they have produced a happy little mistake.
- Remember that your critique will either fix minor errors in the image, or provide food for thought in future paintings.
- Lastly, you don't have to tear apart a pic to be helpful. Artists need encouragement to keep fighting and improve. Sometimes they don't need to know the 20+ things wrong with it, but that there is somebody out there who'll support them.
TurkeyOAS (00:33:36): and that's it
Here's a few reviews which Orn and I thought were decent examples. While the winners are in this list, I decided to omit the names for some reason.