This thread is all about M&A Monday!!!
What's M&A Monday?
The idea is to flood the portal on the same day with the same thumbnail, right at the same time, just like the Friday Floods that have ran in the past.
The difference with this one is that the flood will be made up of Mature (M) & Adult (A) rated nudes. Bums, boobies, willies and minges, it's all good.
This activity is created to encourage artists to be less snobbish of gratuitous nudity and get to grips with anatomy and flesh, while promoting helpful feedback from the reviewers. For this reason, I've decided to run the Flood like a competition, and give out prizes to the best illustrations and reviewers!
- Make sure the thumbnail of your pic is EXACTLY the one shown below. Don't make it green, don't flip it, don't change the text, don't do anything! That's meant to be the icon that'll Flood the Portal. You can change or remove it after 24 hours.
- For best results, you can put the thumbnail outside the main image or in the corner, or you could somehow work it into your image. It's up to you.
- No Everyone or Teen rated pics, you prude. Don't miscategorise, either!
- Even though Mature and Adult rated stuff also consists of violent and taboo subjects, only nudey pics will be eligible for the contest.
- Feel free to make as many pictures as you wish, so long as they're not shite.
- Don't upload it early, it's gotta be a FLOOD of pics on the MONDAY! If you can't do the submission time, then you can upload it afterwards (please note the contest deadline, however).
- If it's early, an art mod will delete it. Art mods are total dickholes.
- Review as many of the entries as you can/want.
- Here's some links that can help you provide encouraging and helpful feedback:
Art101's Critiquing Guide
Fro's Guide to Reviewing
2 Artists will win up to $20 worth of items from the NG store.
2 Reviewers will win up to $10 worth of items from the NG store.
All prizes exclude shipping (hooray)!
Winners will be chosen by me, since it's my store credit!
For the artists, I'm open minded to all sorts of illustrations, so I'll aim to give the prizes to the two pics that stand out for their originality, technical ability and content.
For the reviewers I'll be looking at their knack for constructive criticism, the number of reviews they make, and their ability to not come across as a total bell-end.
The Flood submission time is6:00PM EST (11:00PM GMT) on the 4th of June 2012.
The contest deadline is 11:59pm EST on the 6th of June 2012, although I recommend you aim for the Flood submission time!
Tag your pics MAAM so that they can be tracked down easily. If you're not scouted, you can post a link to your submission(s) in this thread.
Here's the thumbnail, good luck!