00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

breaking up and your heart hurting

2,872 Views | 39 Replies

i got dumped 3 days ago on saturday and well its been hard me and her became best of friends and then we split because i told her to follow her heart and she dumped now shes dating some guy who i know is an asshole and then today i was at the cliffs overlooking the mississippi river and just sat there thinking my heart has been broken too many times idk what to i want love but every time it gets serious they dump me and its not fair i hate it!!!! guys, share your breakups that are like this. women, explain why you do this to guys.

and please no tomfoolery and dont be a dick plz i am not in the mood

im a live swifer and live swif doesnt suck but it's ok

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 00:59:11

At 5/15/12 12:56 AM, pickdon wrote:

Sorry, but you came to the wrong place

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 00:59:40

The best way to get over somebody, is to find somebody new.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 01:02:34

Lesse.... You're 19.... Hmm...
Surely you shall never find love again in your remaining measly 50-plus years of life.
Also, you're barely an adult, and I'm guessing so was she. You probably won't find someone you're REALLY serious about until around 25 years of age.

imad?

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 03:30:11

I am sorry to say, OP, but if you're former girlfriend is dating another person after only 3 days upon you breaking up...then she's obviously a cunt. Don't cry over spilled milk and move on. You can't turn a ho into a housewife.

Fudge dapping.

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 04:01:23

At 5/15/12 12:58 AM, Yert wrote: seriously why the fuck do people even want to get in a romantic relationship with someone else

i have absolutely no desire to ever and i've never understood why people always seem to go out of their way to get in a relationship

Same here, but I wouldn't mind if it lands on me.

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 04:16:52

I've always subscribed to the 'time heals all wounds' ideology but that doesn't make the wounds any easier to handle at the time. Have a cry if you're hurting that much, be sad for a bit and then get back out there and move on. You don't deserve someone who treats you like that anyway, she's not worth your thoughts.

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 09:00:18

At 5/15/12 12:58 AM, Yert wrote: seriously why the fuck do people even want to get in a romantic relationship with someone else

i have absolutely no desire to ever and i've never understood why people always seem to go out of their way to get in a relationship

coz of that feel when no le gf XD thats why lol

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 10:50:42

i know that feeling

Newest interview with Squidbit Cheeeeeeeck it out

You give up your freedom for the safety that the government promises you ~ Confucianism

Sig by Asandir

BBS Signature

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 11:27:48

Teen Angst - The Thread

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 11:58:04

Nasty breakups?

My very first relationship with a girl began long before either of us knew what a relationship was. Growing up I was inseparable with a girl who lived on my street. We were too young to understand romance, we were just best friends. We went to the same school, and we were always together. As we got older it became sort of understood that were a couple, as much as gradeschool kids ever are. It was like an elephant in the room though, we never openly acknowledged it to ourselves or anyone else, I remember being teased goodnaturedly about her by friends and sheepishly denying my true feelings. Eventually I brought up the idea of being boyfriend and girlfriend when we were about 11 years old, and she said she wasn't ready or wasn't sure or something. We started drifting apart and eventually I found out she had a crush on my friend. For some reason that revelation utterly devastated me.
That was my first experience with love and heartbreak.

My first sexual relationship ended a bit more amicably, for me. My first real girlfriend and I dated throughout my sophomore, junior, and half of my senior year in highschool. I think we were in love for a while, but at some point near the end my interest began to diminish. I had a female friend at that point who I was spending more time with than her and we were developing feelings for one another. My girlfriend realized this and tried at first to hold on to me tighter. That didn't work and she decided we shouldn't date anymore, just 'see each other', whatever the hell that meant. So we drifted apart further until one day I heard from a friend that she had kissed some guy at a party. She vehemently denied it, but I was furious and told her we were done and flipped out and made her cry. To this day I'm not sure if she really did kiss that guy, but I feel bad about the way I reacted because at that point I didn't really care anymore anyway.

My worst breakup of all was about two years ago. I still have trouble thinking about it. She was the only girl I ever knew for sure I was in love with. We dated for a little over a year, and it was bliss. Then one night I got drunk and cheated on her with some pig who had been after me for months. I didn't think anyone would find out, but the very next day it was frontpage news. She broke up with me through a mutual friend and wouldn't answer my calls or return my messages for about a month. Then she just came back to me. Everything was different from then until the end though. We made it work for two or three months and then she left me for good. Looking back I think she came back because she couldn't quit me cold turkey and was just trying to ween herself off of me without actually intending to stay with me much longer. I still loved her but she was learning how to unlove me right infront of my eyes. The whole thing was just a big mess, and it haunts me.

So there you go. My top three most painful breakups.

BBS Signature

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 12:22:11

No break ups for me. Only an unrelenting series of disappointments and misplaced faith.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 12:31:51

Do not be emotionally involved with the person which fulfisl your desires and you will not be hurt when this person departs.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 13:29:11

me patch shit man im srry that happened to ya now if we can just get some women in here to explain why all these females do this shit

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 13:56:32

Try harder.

2/10

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 14:06:34

how long were you in a relationship with the broad?

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 14:16:49

Human stuff, we do not like to be alone. Do you?

Hey man, hows it goin?

BBS Signature

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 14:26:56

At 5/15/12 02:19 PM, Yert wrote:
i don't mind being alone. it never bothers me, and i've honestly never felt "lonely" in my entire life. hanging out with people is fun, but just spending a day by yourself at your house is equally as fun, maybe even a little funner sometimes really

But, sometimes people need someone that is closer than any friend, to share emotions, and thoughts, and mostly love. Damn, that is mooshy, I will never post anything like this on NG ever again.

Hey man, hows it goin?

BBS Signature

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 16:15:31

Love's a hard knock game, guy. All real advice I can offer is to hang in there, the hurting stops eventually.

WHAT IS THIS THING YOU CALL LOVE HUMAN BEEP BOOP OIL

in outer space there will be no law to keep me from love

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 16:43:09

From my experiences, girls generally don't know what they want.
They're also mostly backstabbing harlots.
Protip: It's never worth it.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 16:43:23

A little over a month ago, my girlfriend and I "broke up," and the only reason that is in quotes is because it was more of us taking a break so she could figure out her life as she starts college, but we both agreed that we'd stay friends, and hopefully, after she'd experienced a little bit of college and decided that she wants to be in a relationship, we'd likely get back together.

The first few weeks were really tough, but I started to heal slowly. Then one day, about two weeks ago, in fact, I saw her at my college with some of her friends. She saw me and we started talking. We were still friendly, so it was alright at first, but as I left, I saw her this other guy kissing. And at that moment, I felt my heart shatter. She texted me after I left, saying how it was nice to see me again, and I told her I saw her kissing this guy. She took awhile to respond, but she admitted that she did, and I told her that I just didn't want to have any contact with her until I was over it all. And maybe, two days later, after feeling so empty and alone and like complete shit, I texted her saying that I couldn't just cut her out of my life like I said I would; we'd shared too much, and you can't just squash love in a matter of seconds.

Needless to say, I just had a complete breakdown after seeing her with some other guy, and for the next week or so, I felt depressed beyond all belief. It really hurts seeing someone enjoying what you used to enjoy with the person you loved so vehemently. Afterwards, we kept contact with each other, and she assured me that she wouldn't be dating anyone between now and when she goes off to college, but I don't know if I can believe her. The best thing I can do at this point is to just get on with my life and try to dull the last traces of my love for her, while focusing on making my the best it can be, and if she decides that she wants to get back together with me, then so be it.

But until then, the road ahead is going to be bumpy and full of heartache. It's hard knowing that all of the kissing, hugging, cuddling, looking into each others' eyes, making love, and spending time with each other has ended; you feel empty and alone and like you'll never feel those things again. But you know you will one day.

BBS Signature

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 17:05:10

At 5/15/12 01:51 PM, TapeZgb wrote: and not a fuck was given that day.

Spiderman memes!!

breaking up and your heart hurting

BBS Signature

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 17:07:26

At 5/15/12 04:20 PM, Yert wrote:
At 5/15/12 04:15 PM, Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
WHAT IS THIS THING YOU CALL LOVE HUMAN BEEP BOOP OIL
shut up idiot

Wow! Nice comeback!

BBS Signature

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 17:13:14

Everything heals with time. Drown yourself in your hobbies and it'll go buy faster.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 17:48:11

At 5/15/12 12:56 AM, pickdon wrote: i got dumped 3 days ago on saturday and well its been hard me and her became best of friends and then we split because i told her to follow her heart and she dumped now shes dating some guy who i know is an asshole and then today i was at the cliffs overlooking the mississippi river and just sat there thinking my heart has been broken too many times idk what to i want love but every time it gets serious they dump me and its not fair i hate it!!!! guys, share your breakups that are like this. women, explain why you do this to guys.

It's understandable to feel hurt but what is the pain doing for you? Nothing except making you feel like crap inside. So stop feeling hurt about it and start moving on. There are plenty of women in this world and you're capable of getting women but sulking about your past relationship isn't going to improve your life.

You've mentioned that "every time it gets serious they dump me", trying to create a long-term relationship might be something you need advice on. Check out the relationship crew if you'd like some advice. http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/180360/999

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 17:51:25

You shrug it off, get over it, and then get with someone else.

My last girlfriend dumped me because she wanted to fuck multiple guys at once. Good riddance.
Breakups are a good thing, because you learn from them, and just find somebody better the next time. You should be celebrating being single again.

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 17:58:54

At 5/15/12 02:06 PM, Raab wrote: how long were you in a relationship with the broad?

5 days buy the feelings got stronger on both sides mine and hers and i told her to follow her heart and she dumped me guys i thought she was the ONE the fuck piont is love

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 18:01:31

99% of relationships before the age of 25 are for nothing more than status. They're not serious, they're immature, false relationships. This is why I never engage into a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship with some of my best lady friends simply because it's a joke right now, and most of the time best friends will end up on bad terms. Eventually I'll ask one of them out, maybe in the coming years.

IIII'MMM FREE AS A BIRD NOW

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 18:01:48

At 5/15/12 06:00 PM, bgraybr wrote:
At 5/15/12 05:58 PM, pickdon wrote:
At 5/15/12 02:06 PM, Raab wrote: how long were you in a relationship
5 days
love
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

omg my sides hurt.

Response to breaking up and your heart hurting 2012-05-15 18:16:38

Sometimes you don't but, the connection is so strong and the chemistry is there, that it would be foolish NOT too.

I've been with my girlfriend for years now (about 6?), She's been with me through everything and was there when I preformed my first backflip.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature