New Topic Respond to this Topic
currentlyuntitledng
currentlyuntitledng
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Looking For Skilled Animators / Vas May. 14th, 2012 @ 09:08 PM Reply

I am currently writing the script for a lengthy flash movie entitled, Currently Untitled. It is a comedy / "musical". The plot follows seven people who are named after ancient Roman stock characters: Adulescens, Senex, Leno, Miles Starlight (Gloriosus), Parasitus, Matrona and Virgo (As you can see, there's a whole lot of bad parents in this world.)

To put it briefly, Adulescens, Miles and Parasitus are performing in an abysmal hard rock band called Starlight. They are signed to Leno's record label, where Virgo happens to work. She is the love interest of both Adulescens and Senex, which causes problems, since Senex also happens to be Adulescens' father. However, Virgo believes that the two are both disgusting, but nevertheless tries her hardest to act "cute" around them because she doesn't want to hurt their feelings.

For all of the animators and voice actors interested in collaborating on this project, please visit the following link:

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/39ef0f4bc633535b7cfc1588 b1972f1f

This link contains a .zip file with four files contained within it: a more detailed character sheet, two sample scenes, (both of which are .DOC files), a raw demo version of one of Starlight's "songs" and a sample image that will highlight the style of animation that I am looking for. I highly recommend listening to the MP3 file after reading the two .DOC files because it will make much more sense in the context of the script.

VOICE ACTORS ONLY:

In order to take part in this animation, you will need to send me a sample of your work as the character you wish to perform as. You are allowed to either create your own dialogue or act out lines from one of the scenes included in the .zip file. If this doesn't work the first time, I will try to provide constructive criticism for you and you will be allowed to make a new recording. It should also be noted that Matrona and Virgo, even though they are important to the story, do not have as many lines as the other characters and there are no lines from them in the excerpt (though they still have their own descriptions in the character sheet.)

ANIMATORS ONLY:

Like the voice actors, you should send me a sample of your work. Even though I did not draw the animation template and it was never meant to be used as one, it should still be used as a general guideline for the style that should be used in the animation. Although it is a bit pixilated, you should be able to get the general idea of the picture. The characters are also dressed in leather and have long hair, similar to the picture.

So, if you would like to participate in this project, please reply to this post or send me a private message. I look forward to working with you guys! :-)

P.S. On the âEUoesongâEU, âEUoeThereâEUTMs a Bomb on My HeartâEU, the three voice actors for the members of Starlight will have to âEUoeharmonize.âEU

P.S.S. If there are parts of the script that you aren't particularly fond of, let me know and we can try to fix them so we're both satisfied.

Chongo
Chongo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to Looking For Skilled Animators / Vas May. 15th, 2012 @ 11:00 PM Reply

While I don't see this getting off the ground (due to high standards for animators with no sign of payment), I'll try out. I'll send in lines tomorrow.

Till then, my work: http://www.youtube.com/user/PAAAbridged

I'll be your guy if you need parody voices.

Always willing to voice act. Make music in my freetime. That's what I get for not having Flash

Click the pic to see the cool stuff I do on the Youtubes

BBS Signature
currentlyuntitledng
currentlyuntitledng
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to Looking For Skilled Animators / Vas May. 16th, 2012 @ 03:39 PM Reply

At 5/15/12 11:00 PM, Ryry67dude wrote: While I don't see this getting off the ground (due to high standards for animators with no sign of payment), I'll try out. I'll send in lines tomorrow.

Till then, my work: http://www.youtube.com/user/PAAAbridged

I'll be your guy if you need parody voices.

To clarify, it is true that there is no payment involved in the collaboration. For the people who are participating, I don't mind slow development because there is a whole lot of work involved in making this project the best it can be in all areas. Really, I'm doing this for fun more than anything.

But to Ryry67dude, thanks for volunteering! :-) I saw some of your YouTube videos and I really enjoyed your voice work on them. Do you know which character(s) you would like to try out as?

Chongo
Chongo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to Looking For Skilled Animators / Vas May. 16th, 2012 @ 06:03 PM Reply

At 5/16/12 03:39 PM, currentlyuntitledng wrote:
But to Ryry67dude, thanks for volunteering! :-) I saw some of your YouTube videos and I really enjoyed your voice work on them. Do you know which character(s) you would like to try out as?

Yeah, sent a PM

Always willing to voice act. Make music in my freetime. That's what I get for not having Flash

Click the pic to see the cool stuff I do on the Youtubes

BBS Signature
currentlyuntitledng
currentlyuntitledng
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to Looking For Skilled Animators / Vas May. 16th, 2012 @ 08:50 PM Reply

To everyone reading this, the roles of Adulescens and Leno have been taken by Ryry67dude. All of the other characters are still available for auditions.

currentlyuntitledng
currentlyuntitledng
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to Looking For Skilled Animators / Vas May. 18th, 2012 @ 04:03 PM Reply

For anyone who wants to try out as Matrona, there is now a pre-written scene for her where she speaks a few lines.

Also, there are now some really minor characters in the Flash (5 lines or less) for those who are interested.

If you would like to perform either of these roles, PM me for more details.