New Topic Respond to this Topic
comicretard
comicretard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Need Photoshop help (text tool) 2012-05-14 18:28:25 Reply

I'm using the text tool to type, and nothing is coming up. When I click out of the selected area the layer says what I typed, yet I see no text. Also, there is no cursor when I'm in the selected box of text. I have no idea what's wrong and I need to finish this comic today, can anyone help?

Click the image below to check out my webcomic, OVERKILL! - Best Threads Ever!
David Brown//ComicRetard

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Need Photoshop help (text tool) 2012-05-14 18:34:23 Reply

At 5/14/12 06:28 PM, comicretard wrote: I'm using the text tool to type, and nothing is coming up. When I click out of the selected area the layer says what I typed, yet I see no text. Also, there is no cursor when I'm in the selected box of text..

I think you're gonna have to provide a screenshot, since it's not too obvious what's going wrong.
Off the the top of my, are you sure you're using the correct Text Tool option? (eg. Horizontal Text tool, not Horizontal text mask). Do you still have the same problem if you type on a new layer, or in a new document?

Need Photoshop help (text tool)

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Need Photoshop help (text tool) 2012-05-14 18:36:27 Reply

Yeah, it's happened to me and I've seen other threads about it too. Guess it's a photoshop bug of some sort... and I can't remember how to fixi t lol

Umm... try making a new text layer or two, changing fonts, colors and sizes. If that doesn't work, try making a new doc. Type in there, if that works, copy/paste it into your original file... then any new test you add should work (or open an old file that has text... you could even try dragging that layer over).

comicretard
comicretard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to Need Photoshop help (text tool) 2012-05-14 19:21:18 Reply

At 5/14/12 06:36 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Umm... try making a new text layer or two, changing fonts, colors and sizes. If that doesn't work, try making a new doc. Type in there, if that works, copy/paste it into your original file... then any new test you add should work (or open an old file that has text... you could even try dragging that layer over).

Hey, thanks. It was just a bug. I exited the document and open it up again and it was fine. Pissed me off for a good few minutes but everything's good now. Thank you!

Thanks Turkey on a Stick for trying!

Click the image below to check out my webcomic, OVERKILL! - Best Threads Ever!
David Brown//ComicRetard

BBS Signature