Be a Supporter!
drillkill87
drillkill87
  • Member since: Jul. 24, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ng Chat 2013-08-27 16:08:03 Reply

I find the Ng chat intimidating because I have no idea how to reply to the random conversations.Everyone knows each other there.It made me feel left out.I was an outsider.


I am Drill Kill and I have loads of treats!

Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Ng Chat 2013-08-27 17:55:13 Reply

At 8/27/13 04:08 PM, drillkill87 wrote: I find the Ng chat intimidating because I have no idea how to reply to the random conversations.Everyone knows each other there.It made me feel left out.I was an outsider.

^^Pretty much the reason why it won't ever be that big a feature on NG.

And the majority of the conversations are between the same 10 people, chatting about how boring and pointless their lives are. Day after day after day.

Profanity
Profanity
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ng Chat 2013-08-27 18:04:10 Reply

Sheizenhammer verified for depressed guy with boring and pointless life.


Just an 02er.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to Ng Chat 2013-08-27 18:26:58 Reply

lol @ people who can't just jump into a conversation or introduce a topic of discussion themselves.


sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
drillkill87
drillkill87
  • Member since: Jul. 24, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ng Chat 2013-08-28 07:44:18 Reply

At 8/27/13 05:55 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
At 8/27/13 04:08 PM, drillkill87 wrote: I find the Ng chat intimidating because I have no idea how to reply to the random conversations.Everyone knows each other there.It made me feel left out.I was an outsider.
^^Pretty much the reason why it won't ever be that big a feature on NG.

And the majority of the conversations are between the same 10 people, chatting about how boring and pointless their lives are. Day after day after day.

Exactly.Once they were talking about bananas.Also one guy was talking about rape.I think all the bad rumours about NG is caused by a lot of the people in the chat.


I am Drill Kill and I have loads of treats!

NuScarab
NuScarab
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ng Chat 2013-08-28 12:31:00 Reply

At 8/27/13 05:55 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: And the majority of the conversations are between the same 10 people, chatting about how boring and pointless their lives are. Day after day after day.

Hey, my life is lots of fun! It's summer, some of us are being a bit dopey :)

At 8/28/13 07:44 AM, drillkill87 wrote: Exactly.Once they were talking about bananas.Also one guy was talking about rape.I think all the bad rumours about NG is caused by a lot of the people in the chat.

I won't deny that the chat room is often filled with multiple varieties of terrible, but the forums or any other area of the site are hardly the annals of the Library of Alexandria by comparison. There are a number of legitimate criticisms you can make about different parts of the site, sometimes the same people are to blame for that and sometimes they're different folks altogether.

The insular attitudes that result in responses like, "Oh, I have lots of friends on Newgrounds.com, if I don't know you then you're not worth knowing" are pretty bad, but they are all over the place here. Come on into the chat room sometimes, a lot of us welcome folks who just want to talk about interesting junk :)


BBS Signature