New Topic Respond to this Topic
Brewster
Brewster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 03:02 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 03:02 PM, NATA wrote: We are still waiting on the final judge to submit scores. Deadline for judging is 10:00 PM Eastern Time, which is 9 hours from now.

What happens if that judge doesn't deliver?

BBS Signature
Hikarian
Hikarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 03:05 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 03:02 PM, BobyB64 wrote:
At 6/10/12 03:02 PM, NATA wrote: We are still waiting on the final judge to submit scores. Deadline for judging is 10:00 PM Eastern Time, which is 9 hours from now.
What happens if that judge doesn't deliver?

Ragnerok?

BBS Signature
NATA
NATA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 03:07 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 03:02 PM, BobyB64 wrote: What happens if that judge doesn't deliver?

As in the past, we will make all scores out of 80 instead of 100 if the final judge does not deliver.

Also, ragnarok.

BBS Signature
Lankie
Lankie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 03:12 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 03:07 PM, NATA wrote: Also, ragnarok.

Man all these deities waging apocalyptic war over earth.
Can't they keep it down!? I'm trying to check my NATA score here!

DuDuL
DuDuL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 03:42 PM Reply

I'm playing around in Toon Boom and practicing my frame by frame right now on short thingy for my YT channel
(i'm starting to love toon boom more and more)

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/a9e2cbf708e8b8e9986649a5 21721e2a

What do you guys think ;D

Brewster
Brewster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 03:47 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 03:42 PM, DuDuL wrote: I'm playing around in Toon Boom and practicing my frame by frame right now on short thingy for my YT channel

That's awesome, but what the hell was that? haha

BBS Signature
francisyfl
francisyfl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 03:49 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 03:42 PM, DuDuL wrote: I'm playing around in Toon Boom and practicing my frame by frame right now on short thingy for my YT channel

Ahahahahahahaha cuase people said you re a traitor XD because of the english animation ?

One question, is toon boom easy to use ? ive heard lots of stuff about it, that is better for coloring and stuff like that.

DuDuL
DuDuL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 03:50 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 03:47 PM, BobyB64 wrote:

That's awesome, but what the hell was that? haha

Thanks...Haha a short clip showing that there will be a language change on my youtube channel :D
Change from Polish to English ;D (and since few of my viewers started insulting me that i'm a whore and i'm selling myself to the USA - i've added the USA jacket :D) - I'm kinda trolling my viewers with that :D

Pahgawk
Pahgawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 03:51 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 03:49 PM, francisyfl wrote: One question, is toon boom easy to use ? ive heard lots of stuff about it, that is better for coloring and stuff like that.

I personally find that it's faster to draw and colour in Toon Boom (the brush works more nicely and you can ever use the fill bucket across multiple frames), but I almost always end up having to import my scenes back into Flash because you can do scripted stuff in Flash more easily.

BBS Signature
DuDuL
DuDuL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 03:52 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 03:49 PM, francisyfl wrote:

Ahahahahahahaha cuase people said you re a traitor XD because of the english animation ?

One question, is toon boom easy to use ? ive heard lots of stuff about it, that is better for coloring and stuff like that.

I'm still getting used to it... it's kinda different than flash and it's weird to switch. The coloring is awesome and fun - I guess you should watch Adam Philips tutorials about Toon Boom and just test it here and there during your free time once you get used to it and then decide for yourself

francisyfl
francisyfl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 04:00 PM Reply

Sounds cool thanks dudul and pahgawk :D Its cause lately ive been hearing sooo much about toon boom, like every animator talks about it, about its brushes and coloring, ill have to at least see the demo or something, if it has one of course hahaha

Brewster
Brewster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 04:06 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 04:00 PM, francisyfl wrote: Sounds cool thanks dudul and pahgawk :D Its cause lately ive been hearing sooo much about toon boom, like every animator talks about it, about its brushes and coloring, ill have to at least see the demo or something, if it has one of course hahaha

I'm downloading the free version right now. It looks really cool.

BBS Signature
Pahgawk
Pahgawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 04:08 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 04:06 PM, BobyB64 wrote:
At 6/10/12 04:00 PM, francisyfl wrote: Sounds cool thanks dudul and pahgawk :D Its cause lately ive been hearing sooo much about toon boom, like every animator talks about it, about its brushes and coloring, ill have to at least see the demo or something, if it has one of course hahaha
I'm downloading the free version right now. It looks really cool.

Also it might be worth it to look at their Pencil Check program, too. It lets you draw your frames by hand on paper and then scan it in with a webcam or scanner or whatever else you've got.

BBS Signature
francisyfl
francisyfl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 04:09 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 04:08 PM, Pahgawk wrote:

Also it might be worth it to look at their Pencil Check program, too. It lets you draw your frames by hand on paper and then scan it in with a webcam or scanner or whatever else you've got.

wow that sounds awesome :O

Hikarian
Hikarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 04:10 PM Reply

I've been trying out a few different animation softwares and I really like the brush there. A downside though, is that it is very difficult, if not impossible to make a full, proper movie in it. It seems to be good for character animation, but you'll have to use a lot of different programs to make things work.

Have you guys heard of TVPaint though? My teacher tells me that that's what they use in much of the 2d animation industry. I just got the student version about a month ago, and I'm really having fun with the many possibilities. It is recommendable... Though, just like with toon boom, it takes some time getting used to.

Also, if anyone here is interested in further character animation, I can also recommend the 11seconds club. It's quite a fun challenge :)

BBS Signature
Pahgawk
Pahgawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 04:16 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 04:10 PM, Hikarian wrote: Have you guys heard of TVPaint though? My teacher tells me that that's what they use in much of the 2d animation industry. I just got the student version about a month ago, and I'm really having fun with the many possibilities. It is recommendable... Though, just like with toon boom, it takes some time getting used to.

I ran into it when first researching software that lets you scan in drawings, although I haven't tried it or anything. Is it set up similarly to Toon Boom and Flash? Also, out of curiosity, is it vector like Flash, or raster? I've always wondered what id would be like to make each frame more painterly than simply cell shading, but I've never gotten around to it.

Also, as a side note, if anyone did decide to do an entry in programs other than Flash - i.e. TVPaint, Toon Boom, After Effects, etc, would we be able to upload movies using the new Newgrounds video player?

Also, if anyone here is interested in further character animation, I can also recommend the 11seconds club. It's quite a fun challenge :)

I'm going to second this recommendation. It's a fun way to practice :)

BBS Signature
Hikarian
Hikarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 04:28 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 04:16 PM, Pahgawk wrote:
At 6/10/12 04:10 PM, Hikarian wrote: Have you guys heard of TVPaint though? My teacher tells me that that's what they use in much of the 2d animation industry. I just got the student version about a month ago, and I'm really having fun with the many possibilities. It is recommendable... Though, just like with toon boom, it takes some time getting used to.
I ran into it when first researching software that lets you scan in drawings, although I haven't tried it or anything. Is it set up similarly to Toon Boom and Flash? Also, out of curiosity, is it vector like Flash, or raster? I've always wondered what id would be like to make each frame more painterly than simply cell shading, but I've never gotten around to it.

Also, as a side note, if anyone did decide to do an entry in programs other than Flash - i.e. TVPaint, Toon Boom, After Effects, etc, would we be able to upload movies using the new Newgrounds video player?

I believe that TVPaint is bitmap-based. In the setup, it is pretty similar to flash and especially toon boom. It didn't take very long for me to figure out what was what and how to make a frame by frame animation. The real challenge lies in getting around all the extra features that the product offers :P

BBS Signature
francisyfl
francisyfl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 04:31 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 04:10 PM, Hikarian wrote:

Have you guys heard of TVPaint though? My teacher tells me that that's what they use in much of the 2d animation industry. I just got the student version about a month ago, and I'm really having fun with the many possibilities. It is recommendable... Though, just like with toon boom, it takes some time getting used to.

Never heard of it, im searching videos about it, saw some images, looks really good.

Will have to look at that too :3

Brewster
Brewster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 04:42 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 04:16 PM, Pahgawk wrote:
At 6/10/12 04:10 PM, Hikarian wrote: Also, if anyone here is interested in further character animation, I can also recommend the 11seconds club. It's quite a fun challenge :)

That looks insanely fun. I'm definitely going to participate one month.

BBS Signature
francisyfl
francisyfl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 04:50 PM Reply

Looks like a place for pros D: i would have to work on my timing if i want to enter in one of those montly challenges someday :(

Hikarian
Hikarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 05:00 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 04:50 PM, francisyfl wrote:

Looks like a place for pros D: i would have to work on my timing if i want to enter in one of those montly challenges someday :(

It's just because they are only showing off the best of the best. This isn't exactly a place to find prestige and fame, but the site is made for improvement. Not only are the sound clips just begging for character acting, but the first prize is also constructive criticism from a professional. A lot of prof animators are entering, so it's difficult to even make it to the top100, but even without a great ranking, chances are still very high to get some real good animation advice. No one will ever blame you for trying :)

BBS Signature
DuDuL
DuDuL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 05:15 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 05:00 PM, Hikarian wrote:
It's just because they are only showing off the best of the best. This isn't exactly a place to find prestige and fame, but the site is made for improvement. Not only are the sound clips just begging for character acting, but the first prize is also constructive criticism from a professional. A lot of prof animators are entering, so it's difficult to even make it to the top100, but even without a great ranking, chances are still very high to get some real good animation advice. No one will ever blame you for trying :)

Once i'm done with NATA i think i'll try that :D - Sounds awesome - It's never a bad idea to try improve yourself

test-object
test-object
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 05:32 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 04:28 PM, Hikarian wrote: Have you guys heard of TVPaint though? My teacher tells me that that's what they use in much of the 2d animation industry.

If you're ever gonna buy it, be prepared for the worst costumer service you've ever had. You lose that USB key to activate your program? You lose the entire thing and the money you spent on it.

A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
JerrodStorm
JerrodStorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 05:34 PM Reply

Still no results...

I'm a Mormon. :D

BBS Signature
JerrodStorm
JerrodStorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 05:35 PM Reply

(â*¯Â°â-¡Â°ï¼o/ooâ*¯ï¸µ â"»â"â"»

I'm a Mormon. :D

BBS Signature
francisyfl
francisyfl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 05:37 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 05:00 PM, Hikarian wrote:
No one will ever blame you for trying :)

I might try it, maybe in a few months : ) when i feel confortable about my skills

DuDuL
DuDuL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 05:38 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 05:35 PM, JerrodStorm wrote: (â*¯Ã'°â-¡Ã'°ï¼o/ooâ*¯ï¸µ â"ȉ"â"»

Woah we have a badass over here :D

Brewster
Brewster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 05:45 PM Reply

What is this? I don't even...

BBS Signature
NATA
NATA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 05:59 PM Reply

HͨÌo/ooÍ<ͯÍ-ͯÌÌ̽Ì-Ì£Ì-Ì»Ío/ooeÌÍ"Ì«Í* ÌtÍ>Ị̳̀ÍÌ«cͦÌ"Í£Ì"Í*̲ÌTMÍo/oo̯oÍfÍ'Ì'Í"Ì°ÌzÌ©Í^mÌsÍ'ÌZÌ
'̽Í>Ì-Ì-̮̰eÌ'ͬÍ'Í¥ÌOEͯ̾ÍsÍ"Ío/oo̼sͬÍÍtÌo/ooÍfÍÌtÍ'Ì-
̫̲Í^̹Í*.Í"Í£ÌSÌ'ͬÍt̻̱Í"̰̳ Í>Ì'ͣͮÌfÍ"̲Í"Ì»

BBS Signature
CatFat
CatFat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 06:00 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 05:59 PM, NATA wrote:
At 6/10/12 05:35 PM, JerrodStorm wrote: (Ãf¢*Ã'¯Ãf'Ã'°Ãf¢-Ã'¡Ãf'Ã'°Ãf¯Ã'¼o/ooÃf¢*Ã'¯Ãf¯Ã'

¸Ã'µ Ãf¢"Ã'»Ãf¢"Ãf¢"Ã'»

HèÃOEo/ooÃ<ïÃ-ïÃOEÃOEÃOE½ÃOE-ÃOE£ÃOE-ÃOE»Ão/ooeÃOEÃ

"ÃOE«Ã* ÃOEtÃ>ÃOEÃOE£ÃOE³ÃÃOE«cæÃOE"ãÃOE"Ã*ÃOE²ÃOETMÃo/ooÃOE ¯oÃfÃ'ÃOE'Ã"ÃOE°ÃOEzÃOE©Ã^mÃOEsÃ'ÃOEZÃOE

'ÃOE½Ã>ÃOE-ÃOE-ÃOE®ÃOE°eÃOE'ìÃ'ÃÂ¥ÃOEOEïÃOE¾ÃsÃ"Ão/o oÃOE¼sìÃÃtÃOEo/ooÃfÃÃOEtÃ'ÃOE-
ÃOE«ÃOE²Ã^ÃOE¹Ã*.Ã"ãÃOESÃOE'ìÃtÃOE»ÃOE±Ã"ÃOE°ÃOE³ Ã>ÃOE'ãîÃOEfÃ"ÃOE²Ã"ÃOE»

I'm getting a little scared now..

PSN ID: CatFatNG
Xbox Gamertag: CatFatNG

BBS Signature