• Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 03:20 AM Reply

At 6/10/12 02:35 AM, francisyfl wrote:
At 6/10/12 02:31 AM, BananasFoster wrote:
The discounted price isn't too bad, I suppose.
Yeah, at least you can try it and see if it works better for you, ill try tomorrow again with other settings

I've got an older version of it which is free which I got here. The whole package is a portable "studio" designed to fit on a USB stick. It's all I use.

Also francisylf, have you tried using a compressor? That might help the sound a bit. I had a listen to the song in your entry and the sync sounds a bit off and theres a bit of clipping on the guitar track but overall I thought it was a really nice song and fit the mood of the animation well. Clipping can be prevented by recording at a low volume then amplifying and the sync is probably down to latency in your sound card or software and can be fixed by moving the position of the tracks about til they sound in sync. Also you should send all instruments using a delay effect to a single bus and then apply the effect or that tends to sound a bit off. What equipment are you using for recording at the moment?

francisyfl
francisyfl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 11:11 AM Reply

At 6/10/12 03:20 AM, JoHobo2 wrote:

Also francisylf, have you tried using a compressor? That might help the sound a bit. I had a listen to the song in your entry and the sync sounds a bit off and theres a bit of clipping on the guitar track but overall I thought it was a really nice song and fit the mood of the animation well. Clipping can be prevented by recording at a low volume then amplifying and the sync is probably down to latency in your sound card or software and can be fixed by moving the position of the tracks about til they sound in sync. Also you should send all instruments using a delay effect to a single bus and then apply the effect or that tends to sound a bit off. What equipment are you using for recording at the moment?

uhm, a compressor ? i used to have a behringer. wow xD yo know a lot about audio ahahah. Right now im not using fancy stuff, just using my pedals and y connect everything to the sound card, without the pedals sounds even worse

Monsieur-Monsieur
Monsieur-Monsieur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 11:33 AM Reply

Ey digsBOT, do you have another account on NG ? Because your art style kinda remember me this one:
http://dykrentsu.newgrounds.com/

DuDuL
DuDuL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 12:23 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 11:33 AM, Monsieur-Monsieur wrote: Ey digsBOT, do you have another account on NG ? Because your art style kinda remember me this one:
http://dykrentsu.newgrounds.com/

It's the same person - It's his old account

Lankie
Lankie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 01:05 PM Reply

Please say I'm not the only one here who is constantly refreshing this page in hopes the results will magically pop up.
Because BLAAAAGH this tension is killing me.
I want to find out how badly I looooost. D:

Brewster
Brewster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 01:10 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 01:05 PM, Lankie wrote: Please say I'm not the only one here who is constantly refreshing this page in hopes the results will magically pop up.

Haha you're not alone. I'm about to explode from anticipation

BBS Signature
francisyfl
francisyfl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 01:13 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 01:05 PM, Lankie wrote: Please say I'm not the only one here who is constantly refreshing this page in hopes the results will magically pop up.

Well :P i bookmarked the results page and this post xD ahahha

Hikarian
Hikarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 01:38 PM Reply

Sitting in a bus with a 4 hours trip ahead of me, with the excact same feelings. My iPad is almost out of battery, so I'm really hoping that the results will be up soon :(

Each time I refresh the NATA novice/open round I hear that farting sound. Who is to thank for that absolutely ingenious idea? XD

BBS Signature
Brewster
Brewster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 01:51 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 01:38 PM, Hikarian wrote: Each time I refresh the NATA novice/open round I hear that farting sound. Who is to thank for that absolutely ingenious idea? XD

Hahaha that was me. I put it on my open round entry too. I was afraid people would think it's annoying.

BBS Signature
Hikarian
Hikarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 01:59 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 01:51 PM, BobyB64 wrote:
At 6/10/12 01:38 PM, Hikarian wrote: Each time I refresh the NATA novice/open round I hear that farting sound. Who is to thank for that absolutely ingenious idea? XD
Hahaha that was me. I put it on my open round entry too. I was afraid people would think it's annoying.

That's what makes it fun! Forever the NATA 2012 tournament shall be remembered for its farting sound :D

BBS Signature
JerrodStorm
JerrodStorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 02:03 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 12:24 AM, McBinkles wrote: one or two of you guys made the soundtracks for your own movies. What programs do you lovely men use? I'm trying to get started with FL Studio

...garageband...

I'm a Mormon. :D

BBS Signature
Brewster
Brewster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 02:05 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 01:59 PM, Hikarian wrote:
At 6/10/12 01:51 PM, BobyB64 wrote:
That's what makes it fun! Forever the NATA 2012 tournament shall be remembered for its farting sound :D

Haha just imagine if everyone put the same fart sound effect into their preoader. Or even better, everyone used a different fart sound effect of their own and when you load up the page you get bombarded with farts XD

BBS Signature
JerrodStorm
JerrodStorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 02:09 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 02:05 PM, BobyB64 wrote:
Haha just imagine if everyone put the same fart sound effect into their preoader. Or even better, everyone used a different fart sound effect of their own and when you load up the page you get bombarded with farts XD

We could decide who's fart will go off when, and then sync together the timelines for each submission to orchestrate a minute long concerto in B flatus. :)

I'm a Mormon. :D

BBS Signature
DuDuL
DuDuL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 02:13 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 02:09 PM, JerrodStorm wrote:
We could decide who's fart will go off when, and then sync together the timelines for each submission to orchestrate a minute long concerto in B flatus. :)

I'm digging this idea

francisyfl
francisyfl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 02:14 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 01:38 PM, Hikarian wrote:
Each time I refresh the NATA novice/open round I hear that farting sound. Who is to thank for that absolutely ingenious idea? XD

yeah !! i remember last night my father asked me where the points from each judge were going to be posted, so i entered and the first think that i hear is a fart ahahaha, i reloaded the page and i heard it again

Hikarian
Hikarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 02:16 PM Reply

- And so began the NATA fart collab of 2012. Next stop: world domination

BBS Signature
DuDuL
DuDuL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 02:18 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 02:16 PM, Hikarian wrote:

Well i was hoping we could arrange a "NATA tribute collab" with everyone once the tournament is over ;D

Brewster
Brewster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 02:19 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 02:09 PM, JerrodStorm wrote: We could decide who's fart will go off when, and then sync together the timelines for each submission to orchestrate a minute long concerto in B flatus. :)

Yes! That is awesome. It must be done

BBS Signature
Hikarian
Hikarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 02:19 PM Reply

Well i was hoping we could arrange a "NATA tribute collab" with everyone once the tournament is over ;D

Count me in :)

BBS Signature
Brewster
Brewster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 02:21 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 02:18 PM, DuDuL wrote: Well i was hoping we could arrange a "NATA tribute collab" with everyone once the tournament is over ;D

I'd definitely be up for that. If everyone joined, the amount of talent in it would be overwhelming.

BBS Signature
ExtremeFudgeMaster
ExtremeFudgeMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 02:22 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 02:21 PM, BobyB64 wrote:
I'd definitely be up for that. If everyone joined, the amount of talent in it would be overwhelming.

That might be fun

Lankie
Lankie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 02:25 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 02:18 PM, DuDuL wrote: Well i was hoping we could arrange a "NATA tribute collab" with everyone once the tournament is over ;D

Count me in for that!

CatFat
CatFat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 02:26 PM Reply

Yeah that'd be great, with the theme of flatulence.

PSN ID: CatFatNG
Xbox Gamertag: CatFatNG

BBS Signature
francisyfl
francisyfl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 02:31 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 02:09 PM, JerrodStorm wrote: We could decide who's fart will go off when, and then sync together the timelines for each submission to orchestrate a minute long concerto in B flatus. :)

YES!!

Hikarian
Hikarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 02:35 PM Reply

5 % power left :O

When does these kinds of things usually get published? Tell me of your ways, American people!

BBS Signature
DuDuL
DuDuL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 02:38 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 02:35 PM, Hikarian wrote: 5 % power left :O

When does these kinds of things usually get published? Tell me of your ways, American people!

I can't i'm Polish ;P

Brewster
Brewster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 02:42 PM Reply

Lower your brightness!

I think for the last round the results were already up by now. I guess since this round involves actual points it's going to take longer to calcualte than the open round results. It says the NATA account isn't even online right now, so it might not be for a while.

BBS Signature
Hikarian
Hikarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 02:47 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 02:42 PM, BobyB64 wrote:

Lower your brightness!

I think for the last round the results were already up by now. I guess since this round involves actual points it's going to take longer to calcualte than the open round results. It says the NATA account isn't even online right now, so it might not be for a while.

My brightness is always at its lowest! But yeah, I guess I won't last till the results are up. I'll probably be asleep by the time they are published....

4%! I'm fading away! Oh why, cruel fate, whyyyyy?

BBS Signature
DuDuL
DuDuL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 02:51 PM Reply

At 6/10/12 02:47 PM, Hikarian wrote:
My brightness is always at its lowest! But yeah, I guess I won't last till the results are up. I'll probably be asleep by the time they are published....

4%! I'm fading away! Oh why, cruel fate, whyyyyy?

It should be around 0:00-1:00 am Polish time (18:00-19:00 US East side time) - i think...

NATA
NATA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 03:02 PM Reply

We are still waiting on the final judge to submit scores. Deadline for judging is 10:00 PM Eastern Time, which is 9 hours from now.

BBS Signature