00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

- N A T A - Novice Round!

58,844 Views | 678 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 11:46:51

At 6/2/12 11:43 AM, CatFat wrote:
At 6/2/12 10:26 AM, neeko wrote:
At 6/1/12 06:24 PM, terabiter wrote: and whats more, I have not had the voice acting script back from voice acting so im under half way done.
Do you want help from your fellow animators? I don't voice act but can help with your voice overs.
Yeah I second that, man.
I can do some voice acting for you if you need it. I have a pretty good mic.

My mic isn't all that great, but if you happen to need another voice actor, I'd be happy to contribute. :)

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 12:04:35

At 6/2/12 01:49 AM, Emrox wrote: Hey guys! I've been trying not to give away too much, but I'm super proud of how well this scene came out.

super sneak preview

How do you produce these master pieces so quickly?

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 13:30:45

Wouldn't it be cool if the theme for the next round was robots, so that we could participate in this competition as well as Robot Day? :)

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 13:44:55

Just finished watching the new Eddsworld...
I'm in that weird melancholy state right now... but it sure did motivated me to keep on going with NATA!
Let's do this!

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 14:29:59

At 6/2/12 02:01 PM, Monsieur-Monsieur wrote: (...) However, because the show isn't complete and because the other member of the crew doesn't want to stop it, (...)

Let me straighten this out - Edd himself didn't want the show to end - It was one of his last wishes before passing out...

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 15:06:25

At 6/2/12 01:44 PM, DuDuL wrote: Just finished watching the new Eddsworld...
I'm in that weird melancholy state right now... but it sure did motivated me to keep on going with NATA!
Let's do this!

I just saw it as well. It's the funniest one yet. NOW I AM INSPIRED.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 16:07:09

Damn those hand stretches work like magic. Back to work for me!

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 19:03:19

At 6/2/12 01:49 AM, Emrox wrote: Hey guys! I've been trying not to give away too much, but I'm super proud of how well this scene came out.

super sneak preview

eLphant indeed

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 19:35:25

You know what we should all really do? We should put all put a link to the Newgrounds: The Forsaken City Kickstarter at the ends of our videos. Tom's probably pretty worried that they won't make their goal. He's even got an advertisement for it on the top righthand corner of the website.

He'd really appreciate it, don't you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGSFfaYUssg

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 20:11:21

At 6/2/12 07:35 PM, JerrodStorm wrote:

He'd really appreciate it, don't you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGSFfaYUssg

Really good idea !!

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 20:13:21

At 6/2/12 07:35 PM, JerrodStorm wrote: We should put all put a link to the Newgrounds: The Forsaken City Kickstarter at the ends of our videos.

I'd do it. I gotta learn how to link buttons to urls but I'll do it.

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 20:43:27

Maybe someone can help me with a sound issue. When I export an .swf, the sound becomes a noticeably lower quality. I've tried messing around with the compression settings in the properties for each of the sounds, but it doesn't seem to help.

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 21:00:45

At 6/2/12 08:43 PM, ExtremeFudgeMaster wrote: Maybe someone can help me with a sound issue. When I export an .swf, the sound becomes a noticeably lower quality. I've tried messing around with the compression settings in the properties for each of the sounds, but it doesn't seem to help.

Go into file --> publish settings. It should open up some exporting options(the first should be swf, I think). go into the tab at the top labeled flash, then you should see something on the box about audio settings. Click on both of those, then up the bit rate option from 16kbps(which is WAAAAAY too low) to something more reasonable like 32 or 64.

screen I'm talking about should look a little like this(it varies a little per version of flash you have).

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 21:14:17

That worked. Thanks :)

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 21:17:24

ive never learned to put links (facebook, twitter, etc) to the flash files, i tried once, but didnt work, it worked on my computer, but not on newgrounds :s. How can i do it ?

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 21:32:20

At 6/2/12 09:17 PM, francisyfl wrote: ive never learned to put links (facebook, twitter, etc) to the flash files, i tried once, but didnt work, it worked on my computer, but not on newgrounds :s. How can i do it ?

What version of actionscript are you using? AS2 or AS3?

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 21:35:36

At 6/2/12 09:32 PM, JerrodStorm wrote:
At 6/2/12 09:17 PM, francisyfl wrote: ive never learned to put links (facebook, twitter, etc) to the flash files, i tried once, but didnt work, it worked on my computer, but not on newgrounds :s. How can i do it ?

AS2

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 21:41:41

At 6/2/12 09:35 PM, francisyfl wrote:
At 6/2/12 09:32 PM, JerrodStorm wrote:
AS2

I'm not as familiar with AS2, but I can make a video tutorial if you want

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 21:42:57

At 6/2/12 09:41 PM, JerrodStorm wrote:

I'm not as familiar with AS2, but I can make a video tutorial if you want

that would be amazing : O, could you ?

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 21:50:57

wait :s that will take time out of your animating schedule :s

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 22:02:07

At 6/2/12 09:50 PM, francisyfl wrote: wait :s that will take time out of your animating schedule :s

It's okay. It really shouldn't take too long. Plus, all I have left to do is background painting. :)

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 22:16:55

Once JerrodStorm puts up a video, it should be more clear, but here's a quick little text summary:

Select the thing you want to turn into a button, right-click on it and select "Convert to Symbol." Change the symbol type to "button" and hit OK. Then, select your button object on the stage and open up the actions panel (F9 opens this up.) Then, past in the following:

on (release) {
getURL("http://www.newgrounds.com", "_blank");
}

The first parameter is the url you want to go to, and the second one basically just tells the browser to open up the link in a new tab (so that if the flash video is loading, it doesn't leave the page.)

Also, my animation is nearly done. It'll probably be up sometime tomorrow.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 22:25:15

actually, I just tested that method. for whatever reason, it'll work while the file's still on the hard drive, but stops working once you upload it to the dumping grounds. It's rather weird.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 22:32:27

At 6/2/12 10:25 PM, JerrodStorm wrote: actually, I just tested that method. for whatever reason, it'll work while the file's still on the hard drive, but stops working once you upload it to the dumping grounds. It's rather weird.

Hmm, odd, it seems to work for me... maybe it has something to do with the local playback security settings in the publish settings window? Or maybe it's a dumping grounds glitch.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 22:47:20

At 6/2/12 09:00 PM, JerrodStorm wrote:
At 6/2/12 08:43 PM, ExtremeFudgeMaster wrote: Maybe someone can help me with a sound issue. When I export an .swf, the sound becomes a noticeably lower quality. I've tried messing around with the compression settings in the properties for each of the sounds, but it doesn't seem to help.
Go into file --> publish settings. It should open up some exporting options(the first should be swf, I think). go into the tab at the top labeled flash, then you should see something on the box about audio settings. Click on both of those, then up the bit rate option from 16kbps(which is WAAAAAY too low) to something more reasonable like 32 or 64.

screen I'm talking about should look a little like this(it varies a little per version of flash you have).

Also be sure to uncheck "convert stereo to mono" !
And yeah the higher kbps rate the better the sound quality, it also improves syncing as far as I can tell.

PSN ID: CatFatius

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 23:09:09

At 6/2/12 10:32 PM, Pahgawk wrote:
Hmm, odd, it seems to work for me... maybe it has something to do with the local playback security settings in the publish settings window? Or maybe it's a dumping grounds glitch.

What's even weirder is that I did the same basic thing again, only putting the scripting on the timeline. Now it works fine on the dumping grounds.

Flash is so picky sometimes...

Well, the important thing is that we get word out about Newgrounds: the forsaken city. Speaking of which, are you going to link to it in your video, Pahgawk?

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 23:47:05

At 6/2/12 11:09 PM, JerrodStorm wrote:
At 6/2/12 10:32 PM, Pahgawk wrote:
What's even weirder is that I did the same basic thing again, only putting the scripting on the timeline. Now it works fine on the dumping grounds.
Flash is so picky sometimes...
Well, the important thing is that we get word out about Newgrounds: the forsaken city. Speaking of which, are you going to link to it in your video, Pahgawk?

Yep, the link's there! Actually the flash is done, but I'm just going to wait until tomorrow to post it in case there's something I need to fix that I missed in my only semi-concious late-night work period :)

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 23:52:57

At 6/2/12 11:47 PM, Pahgawk wrote: ...semi-concious late-night work period :)

On that note, here's the last six hours of my life in a nutshell:

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-03 00:21:29

At 6/2/12 11:52 PM, Emrox wrote:

Is that all you have? I would've expected much more after seeing that monster of a preview you uploaded.

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-03 00:40:52

At 6/2/12 11:52 PM, Emrox wrote:

Fark. Do you name your layers?

BBS Signature