00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

- N A T A - Novice Round!

58,815 Views | 678 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-30 16:25:41

At 5/30/12 04:19 PM, DuDuL wrote: I guess this fits best :D

And also this.

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-30 23:47:47

At 5/30/12 01:47 PM, BananasFoster wrote:
At 5/30/12 12:48 AM, ThorClodofBlunders wrote: and here are 2 posts!
Thanks, Thor! These are great, I'm sure everyone appreciates them.

Again, any requests on topics are more than welcome!
One that comes to mind is making characters with 'character'; I know sometimes people become so concerned with the animation aspect of their projects (not even in this tournament, but in general) that they don't spend enough time coming up with intriguing or interesting-looking characters with personality, that can really captivate the viewer. Maybe you could write something that could help people in their creative process?

Unfortunately my knowledge on that doesn't extend past acting in animation and how to handle characters, not how to create them. BUUUTTT one of my friends is a fantastic writer (just got published too!), I'll see if he has anything or if he's willing to write something for that (unless you're talking about acting in animation?)

Jerrod, I still need to go through your stuff (as well as the rest of the open round entries), but I can definitely write something about that

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-31 03:23:55

At 5/30/12 11:47 PM, ThorClodofBlunders wrote:
Unfortunately my knowledge on that doesn't extend past acting in animation and how to handle characters, not how to create them. BUUUTTT one of my friends is a fantastic writer (just got published too!), I'll see if he has anything or if he's willing to write something for that (unless you're talking about acting in animation?)

I was referring more to the creative process, yes, but acting in animation could be just as useful and is along similar lines. Either would be useful, I'm sure!

Thanks for making up these articles for us, it certainly helps with morale!

Boop boop beep boop.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-31 06:47:43

At 5/31/12 03:23 AM, BananasFoster wrote: Thanks for making up these articles for us, it certainly helps with morale!

You make it sound like we're in boot camp.

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-31 13:16:30

At 5/31/12 06:47 AM, Emrox wrote:
At 5/31/12 03:23 AM, BananasFoster wrote: Thanks for making up these articles for us, it certainly helps with morale!

Are we not in boot camp?

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-31 14:45:26

At 5/31/12 01:16 PM, neeko wrote: Are we not in boot camp?

If Newgrounds is supposed to be a battleground, then yes, this probably is a sort of boot camp.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-31 15:18:22

At 5/31/12 06:47 AM, Emrox wrote:

Hah! I'd say this isn't too far off!

At 5/31/12 02:44 PM, Fungasm wrote: I know for a fact I'm not going to be able to finish my entry. I'm still going to submit what I have though! I want to work on it more after the tournament. I spent way too much time thinking up ideas, and I have a really fun one too! But it would take too long, the way that I want to make it.

I'm in this same situation. I'm glad you'll still be submitting yours! You can always upload the finished product later. I think I'm going to do the same, assuming I don't finish mine (it's going to be close).

Boop boop beep boop.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-31 16:29:05

hey, this might sound like an odd question, but is sonic's ring pickup sound effect copyright protected? I mean, I've heard it at cash registers before, so I'm wondering if it's just some universal sound effect.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-31 21:05:52

Finally 1 whole minute done!
and about 1 more to go O_O"
TIME TO WORK LIKE A MADMAN!

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-31 22:16:11

:At 5/30/12 12:48 AM, ThorClodofBlunders wrote:

http://munchymedia.com/nataguide/carpal-tunnel-stretches-ver y-important/

You may have saved my hand *fap fap

On a more serious note I have about 10 seconds finished, school and 2 jobs have slowed me way way down :(

Is everyone taking part animating with flash?

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-31 23:18:27

At 5/31/12 10:16 PM, jagondudo wrote: On a more serious note I have about 10 seconds finished, school and 2 jobs have slowed me way way down :(

Is everyone taking part animating with flash?

I know I am!

Also, I only have 4 seconds animated. Easy stuff too. Although I'm sure I'll finish, even if it's a sloppy job like most things I make for a deadline :P

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-05-31 23:25:39

Just one more scene left to go :o

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-01 06:50:01

I'm hoping to finish this weekend, and all next week I have deadline after deadline. Not sure if I can do the rest in two days, though.

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-01 07:03:02

At 6/1/12 06:50 AM, Emrox wrote: I'm hoping to finish this weekend, and all next week I have deadline after deadline. Not sure if I can do the rest in two days, though.

I will try to do as much as i can this weekend - and then i will use the remaining time in between university exams to polish it

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-01 14:24:49

At 6/1/12 07:03 AM, DuDuL wrote:
At 6/1/12 06:50 AM, Emrox wrote: I'm hoping to finish this weekend, and all next week I have deadline after deadline. Not sure if I can do the rest in two days, though.
I will try to do as much as i can this weekend - and then i will use the remaining time in between university exams to polish it

I've only got a minute left to go. If I work nonstop, I think I'll be able to finish (at least the major animations) by Sunday. Then I have Monday off to finish everything else.

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-01 14:27:32

I may be able to finish all of my A-shots and B-shots this weekend. As for the rest... Let's just say I'll be working down to the wire.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-01 16:59:35

6 Days left, everyone.

6 Days.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-01 18:24:45

Its not looking good for me this round guys. I did not think things through before starting animating. The plot is stupid. and whats more, I have not had the voice acting script back from voice acting so im under half way done. this is probably down to my obsession with ninjas- oops spoiler.

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-01 19:05:28

At 6/1/12 04:59 PM, NATA wrote: 6 Days left, everyone.

6 Days.

"WE CAN DO IT IN 5!!!"

-Patrick Star

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-01 20:32:20

Pumped as fuck.

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-01 20:54:22

At 6/1/12 08:39 PM, digsBot wrote:
At 6/1/12 08:32 PM, BPremo wrote: Pumped as fuck.
Word.

Lets go fellow NATA bros/bro-ettes.
Although a majority of us might be in very tough spots and seems very bleak to be able to finish, lets give em' all a show to remember and work our hearts out as much as we can. Making at least something is better than nothing.

Agreed. Just do what you can. And if you don't finish, who cares? As long as you put your best into it you'll be fine.

DO YA BEST

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-01 21:53:42

At 6/1/12 08:39 PM, digsBot wrote: Lets go fellow NATA bros/bro-ettes.
Although a majority of us might be in very tough spots and seems very bleak to be able to finish, lets give em' all a show to remember and work our hearts out as much as we can. Making at least something is better than nothing.

I third this.

School is nearing an end, which for this round is actually going to hurt my entry due to all the final projects & papers. I'm going to try to do as much as I can this weekend, I won't be working on it much next week.

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-01 23:19:40

At 6/1/12 09:53 PM, Emrox wrote: School is nearing an end, which for this round is actually going to hurt my entry due to all the final projects & papers. I'm going to try to do as much as I can this weekend, I won't be working on it much next week.

1. Be homeschooled
2. Animate until noon the next day
3. ???
4. Profit!

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 01:49:24

Hey guys! I've been trying not to give away too much, but I'm super proud of how well this scene came out.

super sneak preview

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 02:02:51

At 6/2/12 01:49 AM, Emrox wrote: Hey guys! I've been trying not to give away too much, but I'm super proud of how well this scene came out.

super sneak preview

That is so hi-tech! You have skills.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 03:17:24

At 6/2/12 01:49 AM, Emrox wrote: Hey guys! I've been trying not to give away too much, but I'm super proud of how well this scene came out.

super sneak preview

You liar!! You were supposed to be using tweens...
Man those are the hottest frame by frame ever - it makes me wet ;D

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 07:39:45

Well here it is, my entry is complete !

The Elephant In The Room

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 08:02:47

At 6/2/12 07:39 AM, koit wrote: Well here it is, my entry is complete !

The Elephant In The Room

I like hats. :)

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 10:26:19

At 6/1/12 06:24 PM, terabiter wrote: Its not looking good for me this round guys. I did not think things through before starting animating. The plot is stupid. and whats more, I have not had the voice acting script back from voice acting so im under half way done. this is probably down to my obsession with ninjas- oops spoiler.

Do you want help from your fellow animators? I don't voice act but can help with your voice overs.

Response to - N A T A - Novice Round! 2012-06-02 11:43:59

At 6/2/12 10:26 AM, neeko wrote:
At 6/1/12 06:24 PM, terabiter wrote: Its not looking good for me this round guys. I did not think things through before starting animating. The plot is stupid. and whats more, I have not had the voice acting script back from voice acting so im under half way done. this is probably down to my obsession with ninjas- oops spoiler.
Do you want help from your fellow animators? I don't voice act but can help with your voice overs.

Yeah I second that, man.
I can do some voice acting for you if you need it. I have a pretty good mic.
On another note, I've finally started doing the animation and final backgrounds now,
I've gone with a really sketchy style inspired by that pub dog animation on the nata website. That way i can blaze through the animation without getting hung up on all the little details and finesse.

PSN ID: CatFatius

BBS Signature