00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mike181 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

View Page Superbanners

12,685 Views | 132 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 11:52:32

woooo! I can see the superbanners

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 11:59:47

At 5/16/04 11:35 AM, hardcore2 wrote:
Every Zelda game since Z3 for SNES, to me, seemed like Zelda with Disney poison in its veins and Metroid Prime COMPLETELY destroyed the gameplay and immersing super-deep forboding feeling you get just by running around the games (Metroid Fusion included). Just imagine what could have been if Metroid Prime was instead made like Metal Gear...In my hardcore heart it will be SNES and PS1 all the way.

You have a good point - In the 3D generation, Nintendo have been terrible at atmosphere and suspense, PS2 and Xbox developers are far better at that. However, I still think Nintendo have superior, innovative gameplay despite the lack of tension.

You see, it seems that almost everyone is currently aiming for a more movie-like gaming experience. While this may add to the overall experience, Nintendo never forget the gameplay at the heart of it all.

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 12:19:15

I'm gonna get the PSP instead of the DS.
Have you seen Metal Gear Acid?

View Page Superbanners

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 12:21:14

Another screen shot of MGA.

View Page Superbanners

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 12:23:47

I totally agree. Sony and Microsoft only care about what makes money, what will sell. Not that all games on the playstation are bad though, there are a few gems. I'm pointing my finger at Microsoft. The only 2 good games are Halo(though I don't see whats so great about it.) and Project Gotham racing. Nintendo cares about whats fun and they're not afraid to try something new. You wouldn't believe how many great games are coming for Gamecube. Resident Evil 4 is the tip of the iceburg.

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 12:26:30

You should know what this is...
It's being released on the PSP on the UMD.

View Page Superbanners

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 12:58:19

Nintendo has a supprisely good showing at E3.
Paper Mario 2 is on my list to get (especialy after M&L Superstar Saga on the GBA...one of the all time best games ever)
Metroid Prime 2 looks amazing (a viser that lets you SEE sound? someones been watching too mucb DareDevil)

Resident Evil 4 looks great. Allthough im sad theres no sign of an Eternal Darkness sequal. (now that game is the best servial horror ever, imo)

oh, and what about that New Zelda? ridding around on a horse WHILE slashing the hell out of enemys? cool!

Also, Personaly i cant wait to get my hands on the Nintendo DS.
Some of the games look soo crazy...and i *really* like crazy games.

I mean, "pac pik"...you draw a pac man on the screen and it came to life you then had to guide it by drawing lines to deflect it.
Really unique.
Or drawing clouds on the lower screen to deflect mario around.
Or Wario Ware:DS which is just insanity itself.

I dont really care about the hyper-super-duper-amazing power of the PSP.
The DS will have more original games, and thats what maters too me.

Rateoholic- my "review anything you can think of and it tries to correlate your tastes to other peoples" site. (-sigh- I need a better slogan....)

Or watch our reviewshow

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 13:15:41

oh, and to see what the DS is capable look at the Sonic graphic demo:

http://media.gameboy.ign.com/media/682/682909/vids_1.html

Thats not far off what the PSP can do by any means.
Even better then Nintendos own Metroid Hunters game.

http://media.gameboy.ign.com/media/682/682835/vids_1.html

And people always underesitmate hardware.
This is what the GBA can do if pushed the right way:

View Page Superbanners

Rateoholic- my "review anything you can think of and it tries to correlate your tastes to other peoples" site. (-sigh- I need a better slogan....)

Or watch our reviewshow

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 13:19:14

recommend any games that could sway my opinion?

Certainly:

Eternal Darkness
Eternal Darkness
Eternal Darkness

and possible F-Zero:GX
(allthough thats a very hard-core game, its superbly made...just like you would expect when Sega and Nintendo team up)

Or watch our reviewshow

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 14:07:32

At 5/16/04 10:46 AM, BlingBlingMan wrote: What?? I loved everything Nintendo did, up until the GC (especially N64 - best console EVER). I found the GC something of a disappointment - good, but still disappointing (can anyone recommend any games that could sway my opinion? I'm determined to get my £130 worth out of my GC).

I don't know how anyone can call the N64 the best console ever... That thing is one of the only consoles I never bought. I think there is a tricky combination of features that a manufacturer can put into a console, and those features in the long-run seem to determine how games are developed and how well they run.

For example, the N64 had too many features that weren't supported well enough by the hardware - so when developers implemented them, all of the games ended up with choppy framerates.

Dreamcast and Gamecube are good examples of systems where most of the games generally run at a smooth rate.

XBOX, despite being most powerful, still has a lot of games with bad framerates - but also many that don't. I just hate slow framerates more than anything else - it's my biggest pet-peeve. I take a smooth framerate over slightly better graphics any day.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 14:11:33

At 5/16/04 02:07 PM, TomFulp wrote: Dreamcast and Gamecube are good examples of systems where most of the games generally run at a smooth rate.

Yeah, but look what happened to the Dreamcast. I did run smooth(Or so i'm told), but that thing just seemed to fade out of existance.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 14:35:59

At 5/16/04 01:19 PM, TWDarkflame wrote: recommend any games that could sway my opinion?

Certainly:

Eternal Darkness
Eternal Darkness
Eternal Darkness

I couldn't agree more, I'm currently replaying that game. Much more fun than Resident Evil.

But don't forget about these other games that would sway anyone's opinion:
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Mariokart: Double Dash
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Viewtiful Joe
Metroid Prime
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Resident Evil
Animal Crossing
Sonic the Hedgehog
Go! Go! Hypergrind
FF: Crystal Chronicles

As far as the N64... eh, I didn't like it. Yeah, it was hard to develope for. But there weren't any really good games for it. LoZ:Ocarina of Time, and Super Smash Brothers were the only two really good games I can think of for that system. Still, I didn't like the PS1 either. Dark times for gaming.

But the past Nintendo consoles were awesome. The NES saved the gaming industry and brought us the best game series like Zelda, Mario, Final Fantasy, Metroid, Metal Gear, etc etc etc. SNES was probably my favorite console, but the GameCube is quickly challenging that.

-T0MMY

🥳 Currently part of Piconjo productions. 🎉

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 14:37:01

I don't know why people liked the PS1 of N64. PS1 definitely had a bigger selection of games, but its like comparing the Xbox to PS2. The PS2 has many more games, but Xbox is starting to get the best ones, ex: Counter Strike, Halo, Halo 2, Half Life 2, Doom 3, Fable, Conkers... etc...

I was a huge nintendo fan all the way up till Gamecube. I have to admit, I loved the new zelda, and metroid. But Nintendo has really gone down the drain. They just dont cut it anymore, their game quality has severely declined, and they have become to child-ish. Can't they make just a plain old mario game without having to add some Disney 2 year old twist to it like Sunshine!

Anyways, I'll be pre-ordering Hominid if thats going to be possible. I always like to support fellow developers!

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 14:42:40

Duuuude didnt you see the halo 2 multiplayer game test at E3? Looks amazing, the graphics are out of this world and the gameplay has improved soooo much, vechiles can now be damaged and you can play as the aliens, got to be the best thing at e3 this year, apart from half life 2 (oh my god!). I didnt see anything on resident evil 4 :( But by the sound of things it will rock, too bad i aint got a cube. Can't wait for the other two games though, literally counting the seconds.

PLAYSTATION EMPIRE

BBS Signature

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 15:28:34

let me know if it IS working. Hopefully this time, everyone can see the ads.

im
just letting you kno that mine is actaully working better than it did before. =).

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 16:56:14

At 5/16/04 02:37 PM, downset13 wrote:
I was a huge nintendo fan all the way up till Gamecube. I have to admit, I loved the new zelda, and metroid. But Nintendo has really gone down the drain. They just dont cut it anymore, their game quality has severely declined, and they have become to child-ish. Can't they make just a plain old mario game without having to add some Disney 2 year old twist to it like Sunshine!

I never played Sunshine, but I don't think I want to play it. It looks too stupid. However, Metroid Prime and Super Smash Bros Melee were two great games that completely avoid that "Disney twist" you're talking about. Wind Waker has it slightly, but Wind Waker was still a good game. (Up until the end. I hate the ending) Their current games, Metroid Prime 2 and the new Legend of Zelda, also pull away from that. Not to mention there is Resident Evil 4. I have yet to even PLAY an RE game, but I hope to soon. RE4 looks awesome.

What people tend to do is assume that all the games Nintendo releases are "kids games", and they ignore the fact that most of these games are games designed for a wide age group to play. To open it to kids, though, it just is given that slightly childish aspect.

I don't remember who posted it, but to whoever posted on Viewtiful Joe, it's on the NDS, not PSP.

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 17:08:50

I doubt this is one of the "Super Banners", but instead of constantly getting an orange Ad Council banner, I've also begun seeing an Emoticon one.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 17:43:29

Did you see the new Zelda? Amazing, absolutely stunning. Oh, and check out my awesome E-3 spoof piece.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/168201

Not sure if I can plug my own piece, but there she be.

Have a good one all.

-Ryan

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 18:05:01

finally im able to see the banners and anyone wanna buy a gamecube for $75 i'll also throw in a memory card, ghost recon, and a controller!

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 18:10:43

At 5/16/04 02:07 PM, TomFulp wrote: XBOX, despite being most powerful, still has a lot of games with bad framerates - but also many that don't. I just hate slow framerates more than anything else - it's my biggest pet-peeve. I take a smooth framerate over slightly better graphics any day.

It's also my biggest pet-peeve as well. I've always wanted the replay value of console/computer games, with the performance of arcade games (although I know my eyes aren't going to notice much, I prefer 70+ FPS).

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 20:38:55

I can see the super banners, and I have ad blocking o_O

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 20:51:30

At 5/16/04 11:35 AM, hardcore2 wrote: bs

what the hell are you talking about, metroid prime is freaking awesome same wit the other games

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 20:54:53

At 5/16/04 12:26 PM, Einhanderkiller wrote: You should know what this is...
It's being released on the PSP on the UMD.

that's a movie my good man, not gameplay graphics

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-17 05:49:06

ive always been a nintendo fan, since the good ol' nes. anyone got ffcc? that game rocks

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-17 06:38:13

as a life long nintendo junkie, i'm glad to see that we're finally winning you over. i can't wait till the Dual Screen system comes out-- i was skeptical at first, but previews of it are pretty positive. nintendo rocks!

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-17 06:42:40

FF:CC rocks!
Especialy in mutiplayer :)
I perswaded two people i know to get GBA's second hand so they could play it :D
Really fun & unique system, one of the few demostrations of the "point" of the GC/GBA link.

At 5/16/04 04:56 PM, Skye-McCloud wrote: I never played Sunshine, but I don't think I want to play it.

Dont believe what people say, its a VERY good game.
It some ways its better then Mario64.
Mainly its certainly harder/more challenging.

It isnt any more kiddy then M64, the water-pack thing works GREAT.
Especialy how it combines with marios normal movies.
(for instance doing a spin-jump to spray water, or spraying water then slideing along).

The game does have many faults though.
eg,
* Some repeative tasks
* The end bit is clearly VERY rushed.
* Very hardcore "pure platforming" bits that some people sont like. (I love them though :p)

You certainly shouldnt rule out the game because of the water-pack or its "kiddy", its a very unique idea that adds to the controll scheme well.

Or watch our reviewshow

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-17 07:53:10

I find Camecube becoming one of my favourite consoles too
along with the cool GBA multiplayer action games
it does drain money.. (those smart bastards)
but the games are tons of fun like
final fantasy chrystal chronicals
but the big one i'm waiting for is Zelda the four swords
. me and my nerdy friends will be sure to
hit that one with all we got.
it looks tons of fun.

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-17 09:25:43

At 5/17/04 06:38 AM, Mike27112 wrote: as a life long nintendo junkie, i'm glad to see that we're finally winning you over. i can't wait till the Dual Screen system comes out-- i was skeptical at first, but previews of it are pretty positive. nintendo rocks!

With Nintendo's reputation for innovation, I think the dual screens are a brilliant idea, and Nintendo are certainly the people for the job, perhaps the only people who could use the thing well at all - and who knows, it maybe could revolutionise gaming as we know it!

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-17 10:33:35

Duel screens eh? Nintendo continues to amaze me. But i've noticed that Xbox and Microsoft have made a big impact on gaming and consoles lately. Sice that game Halo came out for the Xbox a lot of kids have been playing and playing and playing and now they have tournaments for it, the prizes are real cool for a video game tournament and anyone can join. What do you guys think?
All I have to say is that Final Fantasy 7 is still the best game :p

View Page Superbanners

BBS Signature

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-17 13:30:09

At 5/15/04 03:16 PM, 00_Agent_Kid wrote: I can see the superbanners just fine. Seems that they're working now. :)

Same. There all RAG: online thoe.

Sig by CoolCatDaddio. <<RESPECT>>

BBS Signature