00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

View Page Superbanners

12,686 Views | 132 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-15 21:12:33

Yes, its Working. I'm a new member, but I hope to be a good one. Tom, I have a couple of questions I need answered. If you reply to this post, I will tell you them.
Thanks
KoRn 4-eVeR

View Page Superbanners

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-15 21:22:04

The superbanners make the page go slower.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-15 21:26:26

At 5/15/04 09:09 PM, Einhanderkiller wrote: Heres the PSP (Left) and DS (Right)

The PSP had a really impressive screen - it looked like a little plasma - all bright and crisp! The games also looked cool - one of them was showing Dynasty Warriors. I'm a hardcore DW nut - I'm sad that I had to leave Samurai Warriors back in Philly while I came out here to work.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-15 21:35:28

I saw the bottem banners every time but I only saw the top banners 2 times.

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-15 21:35:56

Nintendo is awesome! Hey, do you know if the new Paper Mario has Luigi playable? I would like to know!

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-15 21:51:27

WHen alien hominid comes out i hope itll come out for XBOX lol and it should or you loose a customerz lol

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-15 22:51:49

The new Zelda looks insane. I was rather unimpressed by the PC games this year at E3, they're the same games we saw 2 years ago...

But, yeah RE 4 looks nuts. Good stuff coming out for GC for sure.

I was never really here.

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-15 23:12:38

the banners work for me.
good ol' gamecube. I <3 my gaming cube, even though its more of a rectangular prism than a cube.

I used to be relevant.

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-15 23:49:28

the game im most looking forward to is HALF LIFE 2 it looks amazing.

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-15 23:49:33

Have anyone tried Guide War during the "E3 for everyone" event?

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 00:37:52

I guess that good news.... but i still wish u would have a post that talks more about alien hominid, it seems like a great game

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 00:45:56

I dont know what you mean by super banners because I havent seen them yet!
Though I can see new ads only on front page, view page, and the deposit page :)

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 00:57:37

Good job, they work for me, and most ads dont work for me because of my pop up blocker.

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 00:58:55

Damn! Sounds way cool, dude. I'm a major fan of the RE trilogy, and it seems very impressive. I can't wait. I've gone to an E3 ONCE, and I went to some of the booths. The PS2 booth was cool. So exactly how impressive was Devil May Cry 3? I want to know. If you would, please e-mail me at: KoRn_DrUmMeR911@hotmail.com
if you will. I would appreciate it.

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 01:20:51

sup

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 02:12:04

There showing for me now but they didn't last time.

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 02:27:23

I share your rancor, Tom. The 64 wasn't very impressive, mostly featuring kiddie games and very poor movie tie-ins. It had a few exceptions, but not enough. The Gamecube owever is a whole other ball of wax.

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 02:58:32

At 5/15/04 08:20 PM, funnydudemanguy wrote:
Tom, aren't you forgeting a little game called "Halo 2" ?! The most anticipated game of the year (according to Spike T.V's Video Game Awards)?!

You should be aware that that award show was completely rigged. If you noticed, only a single game that was on a Nintendo system won an award (Best handheld game). I don't remember what game it was, but there is a PS2 version of it, and they showed footage from the PS2 version.

How does that mean it's rigged? Look at what game won "Best Game". Madden NFL 2004? How the hell does a generic football game win "Best Game" ? Coming from a person who hates X-Box, Halo would've been better to get that award. The entire show was rigged just to show various PS2 and X-Box games, and the only time Nintendo is mentioned they don't even show footage from the game. They use footage from a PS2 version.

Sorry, that's my lil' rant. I had watched that entire show, and I was overly pissed due to games that deserved more credit were shoved aside, and some games that were not even all that big got awards.

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 03:09:25

How odd-- I always loved Nintendo, and the Gamecube is when I started hating it.

Anywho, everything seems to be working fine now.

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 03:20:22

Yep, Now I see them

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 03:27:51

Hey Tom, one more question: Was Killer 7 available at E3? If so, did you play it?

fucking magnets man how do they work

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 04:35:37

I know that there are still a few issues with the superbanners, but hopefully, they'll be ironed out in the coming weeks. Good luck fixing them, I wouldn't have a clue what to do with them.

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 07:05:08

Those bigass white banners spoil the layout of the site man, at least make them black, so they match the background colour

BBS Signature

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 08:10:30

I dont see them anyway (Ad-Blocker, thanks to Nortons Internet Security). When I turn it off, they do show up.

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 08:35:57

At 5/16/04 02:58 AM, Skye-McCloud wrote:
You should be aware that that award show was completely rigged.

I agree so much! That show wasnt even entertaining! I sat through most of it being pissed!

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 08:55:27

nintendo just own the whole gaming industry the DS will blow the PSP out of the water it has a touch sensative screen how cool is that plus gamecube has all the best games with the best graphics, Zelda, metroid,paper mario,resident evil 4 the cube reigns as the god of consoles and as long as nintendo keep bringing out new and original games and peripherals(by tha way was that on show the peripheral that is supposed to double the cubes life sound interesting) it will carry on kicking sony's and microsoft's puny asses

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 09:14:51

At 5/15/04 03:09 PM, TomFulp wrote: I'm giving the portal view page superbanners a second go... This time they seem to be working. If you are on any page to view Portal content, and the superbanner below the nav isn't appearing (or if it is an ad by the AD COUNCIL), please let me know. Also let me know if it IS working. Hopefully this time, everyone can see the ads.

It's working.

I came back to San Diego from LA last night, having spent two days at E3. The show has gotten less and less impressive over the past three years, considering no new consoles have been released. Most of the games were sequels (many in the 3s and aboves) that didn't look much better than the games they were following. There were, however some that I am excited for. Resident Evil 4 was very impressive, and Devil May Cry 3 looked to be recapturing the magic that two had lost. Dante can even swing around on poles, Powerstone style!

What about Alien Hominid? Was it featured, if so, did it get attention?

But back to Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube... This game was insane. The graphics are probably the best I've seen on the consoles, and the enemies were so lifelike they were downright eerie. Everyone watching would freak out whenever the chainsaw guy came after the player. Enemies climb through windows and cautiously approach you, with this lifelike evil gaze fixed on your player the entire time - and it's just chilling. I can't wait to get my hands on that one when it comes out. :)

Kewl, resident evil pwns. Damn I need a new console :(

Paper Mario was also very unique, as well as a new Donkey Kong game that you play using bongos. It seems that every year, the Nintendo booth leaves me the most impressed. The games for the other consoles always feel generic in comparisson, and it feels like a cheap boobfest as all the other consoles try to cash in on big-busted female characters. It's funny that I have come to love Nintendo so much, after hating them all my life up until the Gamecube.

Meh, I like the gamecube, and I like the Mario gams, so sum that up.

Alien Hominid wasn't on the floor, but we had some private showings and everything is moving along smoothly. My lips are sealed beyond that. :)

O ok, now you answered my question. Why didn't you get it featured? Oh and will Alien be released in Europe? Please say yes. And could you finally tell on which consoles.

Well glad you had fun, good luck on Alien Hominid and NG.

(BTW, get your arse to Holland when Alien Hominid comes out, you are going to love it, especialley Amsterdam)

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 10:46:37

At 5/15/04 03:09 PM, TomFulp wrote:

:It's funny that I have come to love Nintendo so much, after hating them all my life up until the Gamecube.

What?? I loved everything Nintendo did, up until the GC (especially N64 - best console EVER). I found the GC something of a disappointment - good, but still disappointing (can anyone recommend any games that could sway my opinion? I'm determined to get my £130 worth out of my GC).

But I totally agree with you about the other consoles being so generic, especially PS2 - Nintendo always attract brilliant, innovative, quirky Japanese games.

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 11:18:05

At 5/15/04 03:09 PM, TomFulp wrote: I'm giving the portal view page superbanners a second go... This time they seem to be working. If you are on any page to view Portal content, and the superbanner below the nav isn't appearing (or if it is an ad by the AD COUNCIL), please let me know. Also let me know if it IS working. Hopefully this time, everyone can see the ads.

http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/168762 - Ad Council super banner, WOOOP

Response to View Page Superbanners 2004-05-16 11:35:50

At 5/16/04 08:55 AM, my_name_is_NEO wrote: nintendo just own the whole gaming industry the DS will blow the PSP out of the water it has a touch sensative screen how cool is that plus gamecube has all the best games with the best graphics, Zelda, metroid...

Bah...there are an insane amount of old schoolers like me who think those series went down the tube the second they went 3D. Every Zelda game since Z3 for SNES, to me, seemed like Zelda with Disney poison in its veins and Metroid Prime COMPLETELY destroyed the gameplay and immersing super-deep forboding feeling you get just by running around the games (Metroid Fusion included). Just imagine what could have been if Metroid Prime was instead made like Metal Gear...In my hardcore heart it will be SNES and PS1 all the way.