New Topic Respond to this Topic
SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 12th, 2012 @ 07:34 PM Reply

Feel free to discuss updates, multiplayer, and single-player story of Max Payne 3. :D

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
SkyrimFanboy98
SkyrimFanboy98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 12th, 2012 @ 07:37 PM Reply

Can't Wait!!!

I loved Max Payne 1 & 2 when I was young! I came when I saw the trailer.
I hope it does good

BBS Signature
SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 12th, 2012 @ 07:49 PM Reply

At 5/12/12 07:37 PM, SkyrimFanboy98 wrote: I hope it does good

Well lets see:

1. James Mccaffrey returning to voice Max Payne.

2. Cutting edge physics engine.

3. Immersive multiplayer with story elements.

4. Bullet time is back, along with bullet dodge diving that Max is known for.

Yep its gonna do pretty well IMHO.

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 12th, 2012 @ 08:03 PM Reply

I'm all for continuing the story to Max Payne, but I really wanna check out multiplayer now. They're making bullet-time an ability in that too, right? I wanna see how that turns out.

SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 12th, 2012 @ 08:14 PM Reply

At 5/12/12 08:03 PM, Klobb17 wrote: I'm all for continuing the story to Max Payne, but I really wanna check out multiplayer now. They're making bullet-time an ability in that too, right? I wanna see how that turns out.

Max Payne 3: Multiplayer Part 1

Max Payne 3: Multiplayer Part 2

Enjoy.

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 13th, 2012 @ 04:17 AM Reply

Reason I'm not buying Max Payne 3:

It is created by Rockstar, the same developers of GTA and LA Noire. These games on PC had a 30 FPS limit, and it would go below many times, despite having a very capable rig. Unless they're using a better graphic engine, this is a write off for me.

DillonTaylorVA
DillonTaylorVA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 13th, 2012 @ 06:01 AM Reply

Still not loving Max's new look, but the gameplay looks top notch. Definitely going to give this a shot if not just for my love of Max Payne 1 & 2! And I mean... Euphoria engine + Bullet time = Awesomeness.

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 13th, 2012 @ 12:16 PM Reply

I wasn't too sure really since I haven't played Max Payne 1 or 2, but it looks fun.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 13th, 2012 @ 05:23 PM Reply

At 5/13/12 04:17 AM, The-iMortal wrote: Reason I'm not buying Max Payne 3:

It is created by Rockstar, the same developers of GTA and LA Noire. These games on PC had a 30 FPS limit, and it would go below many times, despite having a very capable rig. Unless they're using a better graphic engine, this is a write off for me.

Wouldn't hurt to knock it.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 13th, 2012 @ 10:09 PM Reply

At 5/13/12 04:17 AM, The-iMortal wrote: It is created by Rockstar, the same developers of GTA and LA Noire. These games on PC had a 30 FPS limit, and it would go below many times, despite having a very capable rig. Unless they're using a better graphic engine, this is a write off for me.

PC ports suck. Console versions are perfect. It is locked because it does everything in sync with the frame rate. If it was at 60 fps the game would literally run twice as fast. You can't really tell the different between 30 and above anyways.

I heard they had a whole team to help port it though! Don't just pass it off now. Check it out when the PC reviews come out.

Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the alps?

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 13th, 2012 @ 10:56 PM Reply

I am looking forward to Max Payne 3. One and two were fun games.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 14th, 2012 @ 03:20 AM Reply

At 5/13/12 10:09 PM, 7794 wrote: PC ports suck. Console versions are perfect. It is locked because it does everything in sync with the frame rate. If it was at 60 fps the game would literally run twice as fast. You can't really tell the different between 30 and above anyways.

I have used Fraps to determine the frame rate of various games and there is a MASSIVE difference between 30 and 60 fps. And no, LA Noire and GTA were not locked because they kept going under 30 fps... My rig can run Skyrim on ultra high with the high-res textures at 40-60 fps, but it cannot run Rockstar games over 30 fps, and it even goes below 30 fps. Doesn't sound like my computer's fault.

I heard they had a whole team to help port it though! Don't just pass it off now. Check it out when the PC reviews come out.

Well, if that's the case, I may take a look at this game - because the game itself looks pretty good. Also, I just looked at EB Games' website and no PC version is for pre-order. Didn't realise that it was coming out later on PC, lol

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 14th, 2012 @ 07:37 AM Reply

At 5/14/12 03:20 AM, The-iMortal wrote: Also, I just looked at EB Games' website and no PC version is for pre-order. Didn't realise that it was coming out later on PC, lol

I stand corrected. For some reason, the PC version of Max Payne 3 does not show on the main Max Payne 3 page of EB Games Australia, but it comes up in the search.

Anyway, is there rock hard evidence that there will be a higher frame rate limit than 30 fps?

SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 14th, 2012 @ 03:18 PM Reply

At 5/14/12 07:37 AM, The-iMortal wrote: I stand corrected. For some reason, the PC version of Max Payne 3 does not show on the main Max Payne 3 page of EB Games Australia, but it comes up in the search.

Yeah Rockstar has been neglecting PC players lately. Its no wonder why alot of PC players are pissed at Rockstar because they didn't release Red Dead Redemption for PC. Seems like consoles always comes first for them.

BBS Signature
simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 14th, 2012 @ 10:37 PM Reply

I've got this game pre-ordered and I simply CANNOT wait any longer!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 15th, 2012 @ 10:51 AM Reply

It's out. It's great. Glancing over reviews so i don't ruin anything for myself, the game has enough replay value to keep your attention for a month or so. It has a high difficulty at parts (compared to Red Dead which was dirt easy) so expect some challenge. Which I'm glad about, i don't want to fly through the game. Reviews range from 100 - 70, some people are just picking it apart too much i'd say.

I'll be getting it later today if i scrounge together enough cash. It will be the third Rockstar game i've bought on day one!

SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 15th, 2012 @ 09:46 PM Reply

At 5/15/12 10:51 AM, 7794 wrote: It's out. It's great. Glancing over reviews so i don't ruin anything for myself, the game has enough replay value to keep your attention for a month or so. It has a high difficulty at parts (compared to Red Dead which was dirt easy) so expect some challenge. Which I'm glad about, i don't want to fly through the game. Reviews range from 100 - 70, some people are just picking it apart too much i'd say.

I'll be getting it later today if i scrounge together enough cash. It will be the third Rockstar game i've bought on day one!

Same here. The old Max Payne feeling is definitely in the game which I didn't really expect since its made by Rockstar instead of Remedy. Plus the adding the Max Payne theme brings you right back home. Also the bullet-time in multiplayer is absolutely genius.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 09:15 AM Reply

At 5/15/12 09:46 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: Same here. The old Max Payne feeling is definitely in the game which I didn't really expect since its made by Rockstar instead of Remedy. Plus the adding the Max Payne theme brings you right back home. Also the bullet-time in multiplayer is absolutely genius.

I loved the game after just 10 minutes. Yeah they did get Max pretty good. I haven't touched multiplayer yet, I had a lot of fun playing SP last night though. It was a hard time putting it down and going to bed. Those bastards really know how to keep you playing, you'll watch a cutscene, get back into the game, and you won't want to quit.

My only complaint so far is if you linger in some areas for too long after killing all enemies, you will fail and have to restart at the last checkpoint. You can see how bothersome this could be.

Jester
Jester
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 09:21 AM Reply

Can't wait to get it, it's getting astounding reviews.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 02:53 PM Reply

I am a fan of Rockstar, but I never played Max Payne. What exactly does it play like? I would imagine it is different than GTA because if it wasn't there wouldn't be any reason for the game to be made.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 05:44 PM Reply

At 5/16/12 02:53 PM, Cootie wrote: I am a fan of Rockstar, but I never played Max Payne. What exactly does it play like? I would imagine it is different than GTA because if it wasn't there wouldn't be any reason for the game to be made.

I don't have Max Payne 3 yet, but I know a good amount of the game series. It's a third person shooter at its core, focusing on run-and-gun gameplay and fancy slo-mo moves and dives to avoid getting shot, and very, very heavy and high quality when it comes to story telling. If I'm correct, there is now a cover mechanic in Max Payne 3 like GTA and RDR had, should you want to use that. You are right that it is different from GTA because there is no open-world gameplay or exploration; you are following Max Payne through the locations he travels to and the events that come upon him, meaning that it can be considered as a linear game when it comes to single player (an example I dread using is Call of Duty).

Being a series that has a very well done story, you may be missing out on Max Payne as a whole if you haven't checked out the first and second games. Unless there is some sort of recap option in Max Payne 3, I highly recommend checking out Max Payne 1 and 2 on PS2, Original Xbox, or PC. You can also download the games through Games on Demand on Xbox 360, on Steam, and maybe for the PS3 as well.

Fezz
Fezz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 06:51 PM Reply

I don't like this game very much. Does not feel like a Max Payne at all.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 07:01 PM Reply

At 5/16/12 06:51 PM, Fezz wrote: I don't like this game very much. Does not feel like a Max Payne at all.

lol

Max Payne 3 Official Thread

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 07:20 PM Reply

I feel so alone! I was the only one excited for Max Payne 3! Everyone at school said the max payne games were gay and sucked really badly! HOW COULD THEY?!

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Fezz
Fezz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 09:27 PM Reply

At 5/16/12 07:01 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 5/16/12 06:51 PM, Fezz wrote: I don't like this game very much. Does not feel like a Max Payne at all.
lol

Notice how that was before I played the game, shithead.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 09:56 PM Reply

At 5/16/12 09:27 PM, Fezz wrote: Notice how that was before I played the game, shithead.

Exactly

Fezz
Fezz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 10:09 PM Reply

Finished the singleplayer, it was meh. Multiplayer is blowing me away though.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 10:45 PM Reply

I heard there's no loading between cutscenes and gameplay. If that's true, that's pretty neat. Also, does it still have that graphic novel style?

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 16th, 2012 @ 10:47 PM Reply

At 5/16/12 10:09 PM, Fezz wrote: Finished the singleplayer, it was meh.

Because you wanted it to be like the other games or because it was just meh?

At 5/16/12 10:45 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Also, does it still have that graphic novel style?

No

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Max Payne 3 Official Thread May. 17th, 2012 @ 02:23 AM Reply

At 5/16/12 10:47 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 5/16/12 10:45 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Also, does it still have that graphic novel style?
No

How can they not have that? lame. I still want to play it, though.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature