00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HatofInquiry just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Latest from your Favorites

26,632 Views | 85 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-12 15:15:12

sweet now the front page is more relevant to what I actually enjoy and will thus increase the amount of times i come here

great job ng team

BBS Signature

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-12 15:19:25

Oh yeah, TOM eventually youll have to get rid of the news posting section that's directly left to the "latest from your favorites section". it's taking up valuable real estate that can be used for a more beautiful content driven layout

I know it'll hurt but, I'm going to take a stab that the majority of casual users who come to this site come for the content and not the latest NG news.

You can always replace it with a notification center that hangs in the navigator or in the "community section". If else, you could always just place a link in the footer that takes you to the NG NEWS forum section

BBS Signature

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-12 16:31:36

I'd prefer featured content to be above latest from favorites, its very quickly turning into a facebook news feed which I dislike

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-12 18:05:53

At 5/12/12 04:31 PM, MrGibins wrote: I'd prefer featured content to be above latest from favorites, its very quickly turning into a facebook news feed which I dislike

Are you missing the part about you being able to decide for yourself where you want content on the front page to appear? I think so.

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-12 18:34:53

SUPERB!

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-12 21:17:52

At 5/11/12 05:18 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Like it?

I love it. Like more than a friend.

It makes it easier to stalk all my favorites and scope out their new material.

28 points for whomever made that call.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-12 23:07:45

This is great Tom.

It's super important that you guys try and do whatever you can to cement "relationships" on NG. I think you should even auto-add some favorites for new users if theres videos that they've watched more than once, or some other criteria. Youtube does this with it's "recommended for you" algorithm. It's really important because it helps you retain users, and helps drive the community spirit of the website.

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-12 23:22:42

I like it, but it'd be nice to click a "See more..." button to see older updates (like FB notifications).

BBS Signature

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-13 11:15:52

At 5/11/12 05:18 PM, TomFulp wrote: Like it?

Like it? I LOVE IT :D

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-13 13:58:19

i don´t like it.
sorry,but i don't like it

[url=http://freesteamgifts.com/?id=

ncbr05ru6d][img]http://i.minus.com/

iW0IHjDbD2Wy9.gif[/img][/url]

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-13 14:18:29

What I really like about that favorites box is that you see exactly what the new stuff it is. When you click the star button, you only know what kind of update it is. That's especially handy when you loose track of what you clicked already and whatnot when there are several updates from one artist.

I also moved it down a little on the frontpage and I don't see why so many people are complaining. If you don't like it, move it to the bottom.

Seriously

BBS Signature

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-13 18:29:22

Umm. Just 2 questions Tom: 1: how come we can't see the news posts in the latest from the favorites, and 2: how come only 4? Why 4!?

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-13 21:28:03

At 5/11/12 05:18 PM, TomFulp wrote

Earlier this week we introduced the ability to re-arrange the front page feature boxes.

Today we've added a new box: the latest submissions by artists you've favorited!

If you don't like seeing this at the top of the page, you can slide it down and NG will save your settings!

Like it?

Yay, now I can keep up with my favorite artists!

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-13 21:38:08

me gusta

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-14 01:27:05

At 5/11/12 05:22 PM, Travis wrote: Neat.

So when's the redesign coming out?

Lol, win. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-14 02:16:17

i think it is not so bad. Awesome.

Thanks Tom

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-14 02:41:30

Euhm, is it me or doesn't it automatically update? It's been the same 4 submissions ever since the feature got implemented :/

Should I PM someone about this?

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-14 08:06:15

At 5/13/12 07:21 AM, Davoo wrote: Also, can we all agree that this will devalue of being frontpaged?

The majority of visitors to NG aren't registered, so they will never see the favorites box and will instead see the featured content.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-14 08:07:46

At 5/14/12 02:41 AM, Damien wrote: Euhm, is it me or doesn't it automatically update? It's been the same 4 submissions ever since the feature got implemented

Mine has been updating - you probably need to favorite more people. Let me know if you see new submissions in your star list and not on the front page, though.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-14 09:52:05

It updates automatically for me, I have favorited a bunch of artists, so I see updates every few hours. Nice that it has found place as box on the frontpage so that people who were not aware of the notification system can now see new stuff from their favorite users, but the first thing I did was moving it down to the bottom, since I click the Notifications star more often then I visit the frontpage. I also prefer when the frontpage looks the same when I am logged in and logged out.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-14 11:47:00

At 5/14/12 08:07 AM, TomFulp wrote: Mine has been updating - you probably need to favorite more people. Let me know if you see new submissions in your star list and not on the front page, though.

Oops. I figured it out. It doesn't show news posts. That's why I got confused.

Guess I need to find more people who actively upload content...

Sorry guys!

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-15 01:42:23

Dumb question, but has "the" featured submission section (the one with the custom banners) been removed? I couldn't find it anywhere.

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-15 02:19:06

Damn tom,everything you touch turns to guld

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-15 10:11:29

I guess it only makes sense we would have something like this, seeing as how YouTube has the same option and we're getting bigger just like them. I have always gone back and looked at the new stuff my favorite people have put forth. I am so glad it's going to be a lot more organized from now on. Of course, I have so many, I might not be able to keep track of them, like I have a ton of things I'm subscribed to on YouTube. Thank you for this cool new thing, Tom!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-05-20 02:52:27

At 5/11/12 05:18 PM, TomFulp wrote: If you don't like seeing this at the top of the page, you can slide it down and NG will save your settings!
Like it?

Thanks for the great update.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Latest from your Favorites 2012-12-23 04:14:46

Hey, can you guys (Newgrounds team) add an option to expand the "latest from your favorites"? I want to browse through the latest from my favorites, which I have a lot of, but it sucks that I can't keep up with them because I can only see the last four.
I know this is a fairly new feature, but still.

And yes, I know this topic is almost a year old, but it's still relevant.

*citation needed

BBS Signature