SanFranciscoHolla
SanFranciscoHolla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 02:20 AM Reply

Which one do you think is better?

Me being West Coast born and raised, I might be biased to say I like the West. But in all means, which one do you like more? West Coast or East Coast? I have never even visited the East Coast or anywhere near it, but from what I am aware of it.

Weather: West. There is more variety from place to place and there is more of a lack of humidity and there is little to snow in most populated places. It snows a lot in the mountains. However, it has only snowed once or twice in San Francisco the last 30 years, and it melted very quickly. It has only snowed once or twice in LA in the last 50 years or so. Snow is scarce but happens in Seattle every now and then. Now that you think of it I have only seen snow once in my life LOL

Scenery: West. More diverse terrain and more mountainous views. There are a lot of beautiful places back east, but it's not as immense as places you can see in Washington state or places in rural NorCal. Visiting the Golden Gate Bridge can be somewhat breathtaking too. However, the urban areas of the East have some breathtaking skylines.

Cities: East. There are more urban places out there and more history to them too. New York, Boston, Washington, D.C., and Philadelphia are in a corridor that takes only 8 hours to drive through. NYC and DC are the most important cities in the US, and Boston is an educational center of America. However, cities like San Francisco are pretty awesome if you like an urban area with urban people. It's a dense city with a lot of urban architecture and there is indeed a well organized train system (BART) that serves the Bay Area. Oakland is a crime ridden city in some areas but for the most part it's a nice city if you know where to go and where to avoid and not step foot in, but downtown Oakland is awesome, and there's a Chinatown that's fun to visit and more authentic than SF's in my opinion, and Jack London Square and Lake Merritt are beautiful places to visit. Even Richmond, which kinda sucks due to high crime rate, abundance in housing projects, and just fucked up peeps in general, has a beautiful view of good ole San Francisco from just standing out from Port Richmond. L.A. is a good city in some ways, but it's spread out and lacks a decent public transportation system, and the air quality down there is horrible! Downtown LA is shameful in comparison to Chicago, NYC, San Francisco, and other major city's skylines, and Los Angeles just is a city that is disorganized. However, lots of great food, particularly Mexican and Korean, and has an interesting culture revolving around movie and music business, and the weather is nice! It's also a very diverse city. Also, Portland and Seattle are pretty cool cities as well, and are definitely among some of the most beautiful and green cities in the US.

Food: East. There is more diversity to food, and the pizza and bagels are definitely better in a place like New York, which contains the right water to produce such. More authentic European styled food and many debate on whether or not NYC has better Chinese food than places here in the West, like San Francisco for example, which is famous for its Cantonese styled cuisine. However, east coast Mexican food sucks in comparison to out here. SoCal Mexican food is good, and nothing wrong with getting a pupusa or two from SF's Mission District. Mmm, fuck yes. However, the yummy lobster from Maine and delicious Maryland crab makes up for their poor Mexican food.

Education: East. It's the home of Yale, Harvard, MIT, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth... all the Ivy Leagues, and other good schools. Also Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, and Virginia are home to the best public schools in the country. California's... on the other hand... sucks ass. Sure there's some good schools like Roseland University Prep, a tiny academy school in Santa Rosa, which is a city 50 miles north of San Fran, which was ranked the 40th best high school in the US and 7th best in Cali. It's a poor school with a 95% Latino population and they really work hard to get out of the "ghetto" (it's really a low income area that has some gang activity here and there). There is also Lowell High in S.F., and many other good ones. However, we have great universities like UC Berkeley, UCLA, UC Davis, and obviously Stanford and Caltech, and even the Claremont Colleges. Up north, University of Washington is a pretty cool school with what I hear has a beautiful campus, and it's in Seattle, a beautiful city!

Living: It really depends. Want to live in a big house with a big backyard? East coast suburbia is better for this, and it's definitely more affordable depending on where you go. If places like Tennessee or Kentucky count (which aren't east coast particularly, but in the "East" and also the "South" at the same time), you can get a really massive house for cheap in comparison to out here, and they have swimming pools and massive ass backyards. Awesome. :D Not to mention, more job opportunities are popping up out here, like in Georgia for example, which is technically an east coast state. Lots of high tech growth out there. Out here in California jobs are becoming progressively scarce, and it's very competitive. Schools are falling apart. Beautiful scenery and weather might make up for it, but meh...

People: Not sure really, I'll leave this up to you guys. But I'd say people are different in any neighborhood and community but people out West are pretty chill, especially in Northern CA and in Oregon. Go to Eugene, Oregon, and it's full of stoners and shit (or am I thinking of Eugene or Corvallis?), and of course in Portland there's a lot of good crazy shit going on, and it's full of hippies. New York City is always generalized as being full of stressed people due to it being such a busy, fast-paced city, but it's like that in Los Angeles and San Francisco, especially L.A. in traffic, to some extent.

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 02:22 AM Reply

MIDWEST represent!!

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 02:26 AM Reply

Hi EddyfromEEnE.

SanFranciscoHolla
SanFranciscoHolla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 02:27 AM Reply

At 5/10/12 02:26 AM, DickBuns wrote: Hi EddyfromEEnE.

Hi DickBunsfromTheDickBunsShow.

Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 02:28 AM Reply

At 5/10/12 02:27 AM, SanFranciscoHolla wrote:
At 5/10/12 02:26 AM, DickBuns wrote: Hi EddyfromEEnE.

More shitty California threads I see?

Also, I like how you only mention maybe a 3rd of the actual East Coast, and then, you post a bunch of nonsense drivel that makes it clear that you don't know what you're talking about.

Chocomilk
Chocomilk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Reader
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 02:28 AM Reply

East Coast, having grown up there. I can't stand the way people talk out here honestly (heeyyy breeooohhhwwww I'm hella swag breeoohhwww) and I like the weather in Long Island way more than in Cali.

It's supposed to be 70 degrees outside, not 85.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 02:30 AM Reply

West coast is more romantic because you get to watch the sunsets on the beach.

Though Miami, FL has that too, I think.

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 02:30 AM Reply

At 5/10/12 02:24 AM, GoodFish wrote:
At 5/10/12 02:22 AM, Sensationalism wrote: MIDWEST represent!!
You only say this because you don't have access to the ocean.

I grew up East Coast, but I love California.

West Coast.

Nah, I'm afraid of most things that live in the ocean and many that live in lakes/rivers. I actually think all places are awesome and I wouldn't be able to choose.

Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
SanFranciscoHolla
SanFranciscoHolla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 02:32 AM Reply

At 5/10/12 02:28 AM, DickBuns wrote:
More shitty California threads I see?

Also, I like how you only mention maybe a 3rd of the actual East Coast, and then, you post a bunch of nonsense drivel that makes it clear that you don't know what you're talking about.

I'm just a happy.

IAmCrystalHeights
IAmCrystalHeights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 02:32 AM Reply

Both are good, I like West Coast more. West.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 02:37 AM Reply

East coast is superior.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 02:42 AM Reply

At 5/10/12 02:30 AM, Painbringer wrote: West coast is more romantic because you get to watch the sunsets on the beach.

Though Miami, FL has that too, I think.

There are lots of beaches on the East coast that face west.

And if sunsets determine what is romantic for you, I feel sorry for your love life.

PuRpLe-KusH
PuRpLe-KusH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 02:53 AM Reply

I like both, been on both sides but I just prefer the California lifesyle more than east coast New Yorkers. Philly is cool though and various other laid back areas

New York city is just cluster fuck for me, too many cabs, people, and Buildings EVERYWHERE and their project housings are terrible. I hate the way N>Y is segregated between obvious wealth and poor across the boroughs

At least here in Cali we gets the sunshine and decent beaches

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 02:54 AM Reply

Which one has the most white people?

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 03:01 AM Reply

East coast has Florida so it wins.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 03:06 AM Reply

At 5/10/12 02:42 AM, DickBuns wrote: And if sunsets determine what is romantic for you, I feel sorry for your love life.

And if rough sex behind the dumpster is romantic for you, then good for you!

dlxrevolution
dlxrevolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 03:14 AM Reply

East Coast has NY Pizza = Win.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 03:38 AM Reply

At 5/10/12 03:06 AM, Painbringer wrote:
At 5/10/12 02:42 AM, DickBuns wrote: And if sunsets determine what is romantic for you, I feel sorry for your love life.
And if rough sex behind the dumpster is romantic for you, then good for you!

I would never consider such a thing. I'm too classy for that.

Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 03:42 AM Reply

Real bagels > O-shaped pieces of bread that are insultingly called "bagels."

So uh, yeah, East Coast.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: If... (Anderson, 1968, UK) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 03:44 AM Reply

The South > California

So uhh yeah, East Coast.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 03:50 AM Reply

Midwest for the win but unfortunately thats not part of the thread so I am going to say west coast because the east coast is nothing but a shit hole.

MOSFET
MOSFET
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Programmer
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 11:00 AM Reply

Detroit.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 11:13 AM Reply

I live inland in the UK, so technically neither. One of my favourite sporting teams (New York Yankees) and my least favourite teams (Boston Red Sox) hail from the east coast of the US, so that kind of cancels everything out. I'd rather end up in New York, than anywhere else on the seaboards and so would most of my friends, so I guess it'a a marginal win for the East Coast from me.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 11:35 AM Reply

Is this going to be a ''n00bs live in east/west coast figgats'' war?
I see it coming.

TL;DR aswell.

original I am.

BBS Signature
Dawnslayer
Dawnslayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to East Coast or West Coast? May. 10th, 2012 @ 12:25 PM Reply

Never been to the East Coast, so I can't pass judgment on it. I do dislike the Yankees, but that kind of comes naturally to an Oakland fan. (Sorry, Coop.)

As for the West Coast I've been here all my life, and never had a reason to dislike it...well, except for moronic tech support companies that run their hours on Eastern Time, but the West isn't at fault for that.