Be a Supporter!

Is this background ever going away?

  • 581 Views
  • 12 Replies
New Topic
Airslash
Airslash
  • Member since: Apr. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Game Developer
Is this background ever going away? 2012-05-06 21:18:29

The people on the chat are saying never, and it's been two weeks.

TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Is this background ever going away? 2012-05-06 21:29:46

At 5/6/12 09:18 PM, Airslash wrote: The people on the chat are saying never, and it's been two weeks.

You really like to whine about backgrounds huh?


BBS Signature
Airslash
Airslash
  • Member since: Apr. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Game Developer
Response to Is this background ever going away? 2012-05-06 21:37:35

At 5/6/12 09:29 PM, majormelthesackboy wrote:
At 5/6/12 09:18 PM, Airslash wrote: The people on the chat are saying never, and it's been two weeks.
You really like to whine about backgrounds huh?

Only bad ones.

SmashLuigiFan1
SmashLuigiFan1
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Gamer
Response to Is this background ever going away? 2012-05-06 21:43:46

At 5/6/12 09:37 PM, Airslash wrote:
At 5/6/12 09:29 PM, majormelthesackboy wrote:
At 5/6/12 09:18 PM, Airslash wrote: The people on the chat are saying never, and it's been two weeks.
You really like to whine about backgrounds huh?
Only bad ones.

I kind of like it, it's got the more known Newgrounds mascots on it. I don't see what the problem is really, it will eventually go away.


"It's easier to talk about the bad than to understand the good." - Jirard Khalil "This was a mistake." - Jirard Khalil, 2013 "WELCOME TO THE FANTASY ZONE! GET READY. . ."

BBS Signature
liljim
liljim
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Is this background ever going away? 2012-05-06 22:47:42

At 5/6/12 09:18 PM, Airslash wrote: it's been two weeks.

what.

mandog
mandog
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Musician
Response to Is this background ever going away? 2012-05-07 14:55:44

I wish Tom would make it fit the site, hentai.


original I am.

BBS Signature
Valtah
Valtah
  • Member since: May. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Filmmaker
Response to Is this background ever going away? 2012-05-07 17:09:03

Forever two weeks. Disable your css 'n problem solved.

Airslash
Airslash
  • Member since: Apr. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Game Developer
Response to Is this background ever going away? 2012-05-07 18:23:08

At 5/7/12 05:09 PM, Valtah wrote: Forever two weeks. Disable your css 'n problem solved.

It's a turnoff, I have been off of this website for a while just because of the ugly background, to me it's just a pet peeve, a bothersome thing. I wish it was better made... Ugh, hate it so much. Really really want it to actually just go away. It's absolutely atrocious, i am sorry... it "grinds my gears".

My CSS is disabled now... bleh background.

Valtah
Valtah
  • Member since: May. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Filmmaker
Response to Is this background ever going away? 2012-05-07 19:07:32

At 5/7/12 06:23 PM, Airslash wrote:
At 5/7/12 05:09 PM, Valtah wrote: Forever two weeks. Disable your css 'n problem solved.
It's a turnoff, I have been off of this website for a while just because of the ugly background, to me it's just a pet peeve, a bothersome thing. I wish it was better made... Ugh, hate it so much. Really really want it to actually just go away. It's absolutely atrocious, i am sorry... it "grinds my gears".

My CSS is disabled now... bleh background.

Well there is a better way to do this. All you really have to do (depending on your browser ofc) is to "block" that bg image somehow. For example, use AdBlock to block this link: http://img.ngfiles.com/bg-skins/picoday2012-outer.jpg

It will work.

Expectrum
Expectrum
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to Is this background ever going away? 2012-05-07 21:56:13

At 5/6/12 10:47 PM, liljim wrote: what.

Say Jim, why don't we keep this background for a few more months? Just for the heck of it.


BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Is this background ever going away? 2012-05-07 22:33:11

At 5/7/12 07:07 PM, Valtah wrote: Well there is a better way to do this...

...minimize the browser window so it's not as visible.

Airslash
Airslash
  • Member since: Apr. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Game Developer
Response to Is this background ever going away? 2012-05-10 18:23:24

It's still up... Goddamnit.

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Is this background ever going away? 2012-05-10 18:48:17

At 5/10/12 06:23 PM, Airslash wrote: It's still up... Goddamnit.

Yup.
And I hope that it stays up for many weeks to come. Cos it's ace.

I'm locking this thread, mostly because it looks like you're just using these three threads to have a one-person whine. I think you could also learn to appreciate the variety in these fresh skin designs.
If, for some reason, the screen makes you violently sick with rage, you can always resize the window.


BBS Signature