New Topic Respond to this Topic
SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions May. 5th, 2012 @ 05:17 PM Reply

As you know Metal Gear Solid 5 is believed to be the latest upcoming iteration of the Metal Gear game franchise.In addition to such predictions we also have strong evidence that correlates with this expected game of what the premise,theme, and setting is.

I for one would love to see Metal Gear Solid 5 further reflect upon and detail the later aspects of Big Boss and his burgeoning career as a mercenary commander, and get a better understanding of how his revolutionary movement essentially gave rise to this rebellious military outpost Outer Heaven.I really am looking forward to see a proper Big Boss based video game that realizes the truly optimized capabilities of a video game system like the PS3.

A game that can take advantage of the system, while also innovating.Perhaps this innovative gameplay will have been influenced in part by the ogre project.. I would be very excited to see a game that finally lets us see Big Boss the way Solid Snake saw him when he went against him.A kind of forlorn, maniacal, desperate, ruthless leader who is also misunderstood.

SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions May. 5th, 2012 @ 05:44 PM Reply

At 5/5/12 05:25 PM, Protagonist wrote: MGS4 ended at such a good place, I really wish they would of left it there. I feel even a prequel would just ruin what was told. But I digress. I would also like to see the moments leading up to Big Boss's fake demise. For all we know, it might be a remake of the original Metal Gears, modernized of course.

I also agree with you regarding MGS4.It managed to succinctly wrap up all these plot holes and confusing mysteries for the most part.And it is always concerning to us fans when another game is going to come out that may possibly cause more plot holes and more unnecessary side stories to unravel.Thats why I hope this game can avoid complex story lines, and concentrate more around Big Boss and how he handles being thrust into this commandeering spotlight.How he responds to adversaries attempting to halt his expansions in the region, how he deals with possible espionage and maybe revolts. I of course would love to learn more about some auxiliary characters like Ocelot, and maybe Eva.See what they are up to.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions May. 5th, 2012 @ 06:00 PM Reply

At 5/5/12 05:44 PM, SouthAsian wrote:
At 5/5/12 05:25 PM, Protagonist wrote: MGS4 ended at such a good place, I really wish they would of left it there. I feel even a prequel would just ruin what was told. But I digress. I would also like to see the moments leading up to Big Boss's fake demise. For all we know, it might be a remake of the original Metal Gears, modernized of course.
I also agree with you regarding MGS4.It managed to succinctly wrap up all these plot holes and confusing mysteries for the most part.

By saying "Herp a derp, it was nanomachines guys!".

But seriously, I can't wait for the next one, especially if it's about big boss. I've always been meh about raiden and solid snake.

SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions May. 5th, 2012 @ 06:21 PM Reply

At 5/5/12 06:00 PM, Tally1989 wrote:
At 5/5/12 05:44 PM, SouthAsian wrote:
I also agree with you regarding MGS4.It managed to succinctly wrap up all these plot holes and confusing mysteries for the most part.
By saying "Herp a derp, it was nanomachines guys!".

But seriously, I can't wait for the next one, especially if it's about big boss. I've always been meh about raiden and solid snake.

Yes it was strangely too simplistic by Kojima to suddenly go that route with nano machines.How they became this major story arc that in previous games never were emphasized to such an extent.This newer game is going to be something that I feel will be going back to some of the basics while still offering completely new strategic gameplay elements such as the Ogre project and its offerings.

KiDX05
KiDX05
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions May. 6th, 2012 @ 04:24 AM Reply

I just highly doubt he'll bring out MGS5 & if he does it'll most likely revolve around new characters since big boss & snake have had their storys told through the games & the database, although I personally would really love a game about adamska from birth to MGS4. ;p

Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions May. 6th, 2012 @ 10:36 AM Reply

I was really looking forward to Rising's plot, between 2 and 4, but now Platinum is taking it past 4, even though 4 was supposed to be the furthest in the story that the games were being made. A game that shows Raiden's story between 2 and 4 is welcome to me.

BBS Signature
SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions May. 7th, 2012 @ 09:13 PM Reply

At 5/6/12 04:24 AM, KiDX05 wrote: I just highly doubt he'll bring out MGS5 & if he does it'll most likely revolve around new characters since big boss & snake have had their storys told through the games & the database, although I personally would really love a game about adamska from birth to MGS4. ;p

There is always the chance that the MGS5 development/production team can change their agenda and make an entirely new metal gear game not necessarily adhering to present Metal Gear Universe story lines but I'm fairly confident that MGS5 will revolve around Big Boss and his fledgling mercenary career.My opinion though bu I cant help but look at the evidence and think that we will find ourselves in Africa creating Outer Heaven.Perhaps wishful thinking hah.

Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions May. 7th, 2012 @ 09:38 PM Reply

At 5/7/12 08:44 PM, Protagonist wrote: Rising isn't canon.

It was canon when Kojima was working on it, but it's not anymore.

BBS Signature
SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions May. 7th, 2012 @ 09:53 PM Reply

At 5/7/12 09:38 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:

I have to say the original premise of the game where you would play as Raiden after the events of MGS2 and before the events of MGS4 was really starting to grow on me.Now Im not sure if the story has changed but the game play elements clearly have done a 360 turn.Im really not sure what to think of it.

KiDX05
KiDX05
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions May. 8th, 2012 @ 06:45 AM Reply

At 5/7/12 09:53 PM, SouthAsian wrote:
At 5/7/12 09:38 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
I have to say the original premise of the game where you would play as Raiden after the events of MGS2 and before the events of MGS4 was really starting to grow on me.Now Im not sure if the story has changed but the game play elements clearly have done a 360 turn.Im really not sure what to think of it.

Yep would've been nice to sneak into area 51 rescue sunny & see him get captured after & turned into a cyborg after helping big mamas group get solidus body, this whole robo future & vamp being back for the 3rd bloody time is ridiculous vamp finally dies for good & plat is like welp time to bring back a villain everyone recognizes with the series.

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions May. 8th, 2012 @ 06:10 PM Reply

At 5/5/12 05:25 PM, Protagonist wrote: I feel even a prequel would just ruin what was told.

Umm... Peace Walker? That was completely canon and was a prequel, hell, Hideo Kojima called it "MGS 5" a few times. It was probably my least favourite though. The gameplay was just subtly different, and it just didn't have the same stealthy feel as the other MGS games. Story's great though.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Kman
Kman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions May. 8th, 2012 @ 10:35 PM Reply

While i do agree, i just cant seem to say that i dont want another one. Metal gear games are one of my favorite franchises, and i would love, no matter how different, a new MGS. It sure would be hard to mess it up though. They have so much flexibility story wise. It would take a HUGE game, or multiple games, to fully tell the story.

I just hope they dont make a fucking movie. Movies never turn out good.

Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions May. 9th, 2012 @ 08:41 AM Reply

Metal Gear Solid 4 was the perfect game for Metal Gear fans (to those not accustomed to Metal Gear style will hate the long cut scenes) and has beautiful scenery and the epic plot was the perfect finale to the Metal Gear series. When I found out they were making both Metal Gear Solid Rising and Metal Gear Solid 5 I suddenly had a bone to pick with Konami.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions May. 9th, 2012 @ 09:24 AM Reply

The way MGS4 ended was literally done in such a way to make all notions of another sequel impossible, it purposefully had a stupidly long lengthy series of cut scenes to add every character in all the games that were still alive, bringing in all the ones that had died as being mentioned as being dead, and even has it so far to put an end to the entire Big Boss and Patriot line. They even included the bloody Raiden and Rose characters to make sure everything was done.

The entire ending of MGS4 was basically saying "LOOK THIS IS THE END OK", so 2 questions for this.
1: How the bloody hell do they think they can make anything vaguely believable continue in the story
2: If they were making MGS5, why the bloody hell did they make sure to end MGS4 in such a way to purposefully make any notion of MGS5 harder to create.

All this says to me is that they didn't plan on making MGS5 to begin with and just wanted to end it on MGS4. This means that MGS5 is completely shit no question asked. As soon as a franchise goes to the point of being purposefully extended past the end the creator had in mind there is no hope for it being good, Stargate is a perfect example. They put an end to the Go'auld however it's spelt then they bring in a completely new enemy out from their ass and pretend it all fit in.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Kasperkain
Kasperkain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions May. 10th, 2012 @ 12:50 AM Reply

I don't think Hideo Kojima really wants to continue with the series. The way MGS4 ended was perfect, And I do mean perfect! And the way it ended left really no possible explanation for a sequel. I'm pretty sure they didn't intend to go any further. Actually the way Kojima talks about it, He seems utterly sick of the series himself and wants to quit where it is. But he had a good point when he said "You do not kill a goose that lays golden eggs".

The MGS franchise is needless to say "HUGE" And despite the perfect ending fans of the MGS series don't want to leave the game behind. I for one wouldn't want my favorite game of all time to die out leaving me to play the same old story over and over for the next 30 - 50 years. To many people MGS is the all time favorite, Thus birthing an extremely large demand for a sequel. With that being said, Theres alot of money to be made by doing a sequel. Money controls the influence of the world :) So why wouldn't he make another one?

But you also have to remember that this isn't the first time Kojima swore an ending to the public. If you notice, All of his Metal gear games left a beautiful and perfect blank page at the end of the book leaving the end of the story empty but yet complete. He does this with the intent to completely end the story for good, Yet the demand just gets higher and he is forced to make a sequel again and again. If you think you're sick of the series by now, Imagine how Kojima feels Lol.

However he always pulls through and regardless of the ending from the last game he still manages to go with the flow and make the continued story even more interesting. So my opinion is let it flow. I for one am actually pretty hyped to see how yet again the God of MGS is going to take the bluntly-Closed off ending, Reopen it, And fit it in with another beautiful and impossible story. Hes pulled it off thus far without destroying the ending of his earlier games, I have faith that this one will work out as well. Long live Hideo Kojima!

The opinion of those who claim the glass to be half full matters to the extent of ignorance. Rather Up or down, Full or empty, The glass remains half rather than whole.

Kman
Kman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions May. 10th, 2012 @ 08:30 PM Reply

To everyone saying it will be a sequel: Chances are Kojima is planning on a prequel, possibly something to do with Big Boss. I think something to do with The Boss would be pretty kickass actually. Hell, maybe Ocelot/Liquid. The possibilities are endless really. But i do agree, MGS4's ending was as close to perfect as you can make it. The chances of a true canon sequel are very slim. They would be stupid to do so.

Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature
Kaname88
Kaname88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions May. 10th, 2012 @ 09:15 PM Reply

Solid Snake is dead, let him rest in peace. No more Solid. Back track or jump ahead. He had a hard life. He was my idol, I'm just glad I didn't have to watch him end it all. Soooooo, The world has changed. All nations band together in a very sensitive state of peace with the understanding that they never want to be controlled by anything like the Patriots ever again. They retain their own militias, but Fox Hound (run by Maryl) is reinstated as a global police army aimed at stopping radical terrorist organizations. Two Special soldiers (one John, one a Clone rescued from a Patriot training facility) are being trained together as an urgent matter comes into play. A terrorist organization has taken control of a Fox Hound facility housing the brain stem of the Patriot system which Sunny has been tending to personally. Secondly they have taken Dr. Madner's Grand Daughter in order to circumvent any Metal Gear model Fox Hound has at it's disposal. Raiden is sent in to correct the situation, but he is taken out by an unknown technology. This leaves the two young soldiers as the only means of resolving the situation. Code name Hound (John) is a Hack and Slash ninja style with a rechargeable external Stealth Suit. Code name Fox (Unknown Clone) is a Snake style old school stealth character who has to work for his sneaking, but holds a lot more ammo. They soon find that these are not ordinary terrorists in their ability to utilize as of yet unknown technology to serve their means. All other info is Classified. And that is my Thought/Opinion. I am Furtive Fox. Peace Out!

KiteOfDark
KiteOfDark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Game Developer
Response to Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions May. 11th, 2012 @ 09:55 AM Reply

I always wanted to hear more about The Bosses story. The Boss from MGS3 was seriously one of the most amazing female characters in gaming.
I also think it would be just awesome to get a full 3D high detail remake of MG1 and/or 2, but god...this series is going on long enough.

Itachi888Uchiha
Itachi888Uchiha
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions May. 11th, 2012 @ 02:01 PM Reply

Can we at least give Rising a shot before we talk about how much we need Solid 5?

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Metal Gear Solid 5 thought/opinions May. 11th, 2012 @ 04:11 PM Reply

Would be crazy awesome if they made Ocelot the player character for one game.

"Even death can be overcome"

BBS Signature