The sequel to "Outpost:Haven"4.03 / 5.00 26,668 Views
Hunt The Candy!!!3.85 / 5.00 10,567 Views
A thrilling rush through cyberspace!3.79 / 5.00 30,702 Views
I would like there to be a few rules involved with this:
1. NO FAN-FICTION (this will eliminate all the stories that are based on things already made and maybe keep out a few more people who think they can write something).
2. PLEASE, MAKE YOU'RE WRITING LEGIBLE (as in grammar and such; not just a bunch of numbers that are supposed to symbolize words like "2" for "too," or "8" to replace a few letters in a word that you're just too lazy to write out (this rule doesn't apply only when you make it clear that this is supposed to be part of your story and the various people who read it realize it too; in other words, make it known)).
3. DON'T STEAL WORK
4. DON'T POST ANYTHING THAT IS JUST THERE TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST A CERTAIN RACE OR ETHNIC GROUP.
5. NO SPAM WORK
6. DON'T BREAK OFF OF SOMEONE ELSE'S STORY UNLESS YOU HAVE THEIR PERMISSION TO DO SO (and if you do, please do so so we know that you're not just writing another fan fiction).
7. IF YOU WRITE SUGGESTIVE MATERIAL, MAKE SURE THAT IT DOESN'T PROMOTE ANYTHING ILLEGAL (such as child porn, etc).
I'm not so sure about the last two rules, but I'd like to see those first five involved somehow.
But the writing forums are quite dead aren't they?
But still a writing portal would be cool.
Putting back fun in funeral.
At 5/5/12 11:42 AM, Squidbit wrote: Also, voting buttons
Would've preferred Casandra. The whole goth kid would fit better than a faceless Uber kid. Though, I like the Uber kid. I dunno.
"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude
Lit is a form of art so i for one hope NG gets gets in the boat for lit, it will be the same as all the other portals some will be RAD and others will be BAD but i cant wait till the day that ng will read what we all have to say.
An Eye For An Eye Will Make The World Blind.......right?
At 5/5/12 11:40 AM, GhostOfHalloween wrote: DEAR NEWGROUNDS,
this year for christmas i want a place to dump my GREAT writings
my mother and 3rd grade teacher said i have a real talent with short stories
i only write sci-fi and horror though
i hope this is okay with you, tom fulp
THANKS FOR READING
At 5/7/12 03:49 PM, Chdonga wrote: I'd like that idea, but I think it would be much too difficult to monitor that. It's so much easier to steal a piece of writing than it is to steal some artwork or flash or music. Not to mention quality control would be a pain. Seeing all these Sonic fanfics on the newsposts, I wonder how much good literature we'd get.
But then again, this is probably what they said when they were considering the Art and Audio Portal.
Well, if you have enough people that visit other websites and forums that are dedicated to cleaning up the shit, I'm sure that at least one of them will catch the obvious similarities. Plagiarism isn't something to be joked about, the same as stealing art and music and calling it your own. As for quality control, all it really takes is doing your job as a reader and looking at the whole piece, forming an opinion, and clicking a button.
Sure, there will be people that go more in depth with there opinions, and provide entirely different reasons for liking and disliking something. You have to remember that sometimes it won't be as hard to judge if something is shit. If you go into a story expecting something written by William Shakespeare and see 'My Immortal' printed as the title, then it is probably obvious which way your mouse will move.