Be a Supporter!
NoLanLabs
NoLanLabs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Game Developer
API - load file May. 5th, 2012 @ 11:36 AM Reply

I'm trying to make a custom level editor in my game with the NG API. I figured out how to save files thanks to this thread but really can't figure out how to load files from the save browser. After clicking on a file it outputs "data loaded" and I just don't know what to do from there. How do I read data from the currently loaded file?

Robots! Aliens! Upgrades! #1 game of Robot Day 2012! S.R.A.G. Resurrection

MiloticMaster
MiloticMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to API - load file Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 12:44 AM Reply

At 5/5/12 11:36 AM, NoLanLabs wrote: I'm trying to make a custom level editor in my game with the NG API. I figured out how to save files thanks to this thread but really can't figure out how to load files from the save browser. After clicking on a file it outputs "data loaded" and I just don't know what to do from there. How do I read data from the currently loaded file?

Bump. The API sections have terrible documentation, btw. At least a description of what the Class or method does would be helpful...

There are redundant words here.

MintPaw
MintPaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to API - load file Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 01:24 AM Reply

At 5/5/12 11:36 AM, NoLanLabs wrote: I'm trying to make a custom level editor in my game with the NG API. I figured out how to save files thanks to this thread but really can't figure out how to load files from the save browser. After clicking on a file it outputs "data loaded" and I just don't know what to do from there. How do I read data from the currently loaded file?

So what's the code you have so far? Can you get the SaveFile you're looking for?

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.
Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature
MintPaw
MintPaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to API - load file Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 01:25 AM Reply

At 6/21/12 12:44 AM, MiloticMaster wrote: Bump. The API sections have terrible documentation, btw. At least a description of what the Class or method does would be helpful...

Oh, wow, I see what you did there. . .
What code do YOU have so far. -_-

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.
Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature
MiloticMaster
MiloticMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to API - load file Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 01:31 AM Reply

At 6/21/12 01:25 AM, MintPaw wrote:
At 6/21/12 12:44 AM, MiloticMaster wrote: Bump. The API sections have terrible documentation, btw. At least a description of what the Class or method does would be helpful...

Hey, its true; and I'm trying hard trying to figure out what I dont know without any help which should exist in the documentations (okay that sentence made no sense.) Anyway, I eventually got it, somehow.
But seriously, pls docs admins.

MiloticMaster
MiloticMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to API - load file Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 01:39 AM Reply

At 6/21/12 01:31 AM, MiloticMaster wrote:
At 6/21/12 01:25 AM, MintPaw wrote:
Hey, its true; and I'm trying hard trying to figure out what I dont know without any help which should exist in the documentations (okay that sentence made no sense.) Anyway, I eventually got it, somehow.
But seriously, pls docs admins.

Ah I see, I was working with CrazyRock and he was here a couple of hours ago so I see why there's so much resentment to all these Newgrounds API problems....
But since you consider figuring the api out to be a 'test of programming intelligence' and wouldn't tell, I pass the test then.
Gd luck to the guy above me.