New Topic Respond to this Topic
GasMaskedMonkey
GasMaskedMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Black and White 2 Unova Changes May. 5th, 2012 @ 01:24 AM Reply

We all know Black and White 2 is coming out this year, and it is set to take place 2 years after the first Black and White. So I thought it would be fun to take the concept art for the region from both games and compare them to see what's new and different. There's quite a few!

1. Obviously these are the new area where the protagonists start, since the original starting area is frozen apparently. These are the new areas so far displayed already from game footage already shown. Also notice on the two islands, if anyone bought the first B/W when it came out knows that there was the Victini Event, where you get the Liberty Pass, notice how in the first B/W, the two islands have nothing, but in B/W2 shows a building much like the one where you catch Victini. Which makes me think that maybe Victini will be available in game instead of an event!

2. The Desert area after Castelia City (Route 4) was all under construction in the first B/W, but since 2 years have past, the construction is probably finished, so it looks like Castelia City just expanded!

3. Might be a new area, a little confusing because of the ice, it looks like it connects with the Entralink...

4. Also looks like a new area, but not much too look at right now because of the ice.

5. Looks like the Entralink has a new look, maybe some new features related to the Dream World.

6. Might not be as important, but the lighthouse Driftveil City is gone.

7. Probably just there for different access to Chargestone Cave, but if you look, there seems to be two entrances into the cave, but in B/W, it looks like one entrance is sealed, while in B/W2, both of them are open.

Maybe I'm speculating too much, but I find the way the ice covering the region kind of odd, misplaced. So what do you guys think is gonna be new in Black and White 2?

Black and White 2 Unova Changes

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Black and White 2 Unova Changes May. 5th, 2012 @ 02:24 AM Reply

Man, didnt expect Kyurem to go batshit crazy and freeze half of Unova! Probably related somehow to the 2 new/different forms he'll be having.
Changes look pretty interesting, looks like it will almost be an entirely different game altogether! Which is a change from the norm, usually its just the exact same map, with 1 or 2 small changes.
All in all, it looks to be pretty creative, cant wait to see what happens!

f12guy
f12guy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Gamer
Response to Black and White 2 Unova Changes May. 5th, 2012 @ 03:27 AM Reply

At least gamefreak is trying to make things different this time

Does anyone actually read these?

joe9320
joe9320
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Black and White 2 Unova Changes May. 5th, 2012 @ 04:04 AM Reply

Great. So there's going to be a town based on Las Vegas that acts as part of Castelia City which i based on Lower Manhattan? And that there's going to be a city based on Jersey City?

Man, never knew that BW2 is going to be hell with ice!

Here's someone's image of Unova's changes over the past two years.

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature