New Topic Respond to this Topic
peanutbutterclawk
peanutbutterclawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
I've been on a freestyle roll 2012-05-04 23:41:05 Reply

I just made like 4 freestyles and if anybody else whos good at rapping can give me some feedback or anything i would appreciate it a lot, I'm personally proud as fuck of these right now haha but i dunno.

http://soundcloud.com/gunner-troutman/top-gun-uptown-thuggin -free

this one right here is the shit, i didn't think i could make it the whole 4 minutes 30 seconds but i fuggin did

MAGIC SEXY WIZARD
SOUNDCLOUD|FACEBOOK|TWITTER|
MAGIC SEXY WIZARD IS RELEASING A MIXTAPE FEBRUARY ENTITLED "HIGH KING KUNG FU GOD"

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to I've been on a freestyle roll 2012-05-04 23:44:13 Reply

Audio Forum Rules.

Audio Advertisement thread.

Work in Progress Advice Thread.

Review Request Club.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Things and stuff - Music: Final Destination (Loop) - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
peanutbutterclawk
peanutbutterclawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to I've been on a freestyle roll 2012-05-04 23:46:18 Reply

ah shit im sorry lol i thought you could discuss shit your working on my bad

MAGIC SEXY WIZARD
MAGIC SEXY WIZARD IS RELEASING A MIXTAPE FEBRUARY ENTITLED "HIGH KING KUNG FU GOD"

BBS Signature
loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to I've been on a freestyle roll 2012-05-05 00:26:04 Reply

Here's an opportunity to try out a draft I'm working on, let me know what you guys think:

Hi there! Welcome to the NG Audio Forum. You're probably a new user (and probably too stupid to use the search function, or even read through the threads on the first few pages of our forum), and unfortunately you've committed something of a faux pas. You see, around these parts we see a lot of repeat threads, asking the same questions again and again, sometimes multiple times in the same day, or even hours or minutes apart! You can imagine how that might be a little frustrating, so I've put together this guide that will hopefully cover all the common types of inappropriate posts we get, and help you, the new user, get on your way to being a successful member of this community.

In the rest of this post, I've outlined the common sorts of threads we run into. Just scan the bold titles to find the section which applies to you.

You're a new member, and want to tell us about your awesome music!
Great, however we ask that you take a moment and consider that this forum is filled with musicians who are often seeking exposure as well. If every member simply posted a new thread every time they uploaded a song, our signal to noise ratio would deccend entirely into the bad side of the spectrum.

So what can an aspiring musician do to gain that much needed recognition and feedback? Well we have a few threads you should look through:

The first is The audio forum rules. You should have read these before you posted, but if you didn't, you're not alone. These actually cover just about everything I'm going to write about, but I wouldn't want to paste a link to these and leave you to do reesarch all on your own, now would I?

The next thread you should visit is the Audio Advertisements, where everyone can link to their new music as they please.

If you're looking for feedback on an unfinished song, check out the WIP Advice thread.

If you just want some quick reviews, well, who doesn't? You can check out the Review Request Club. Be sure to read their rules, but this is a dedicated group of folks who spend their time reviewing animations and songs. You can expect several high-quality reviews from this thread.

You've already submitted your new music, but it isn't showing up in the Portal!
Well, here's the deal. A new member must have his music approved by the mods. This process can take as long as six weeks, as our audio moderators are volunteers and the list of users waiting to be approved often hovers in the hundreds. Since the redesign, your new uploads ARE publically visible, but only if someone looks at your user page or clicks a link directly to your song. Once you're approved, your songs will appear in the Portal as normal.

You're not a musician yet, but you want to start!
Well, we all had to start somewhere. Welcome, and best of luck to you. Now, your question was probably something along the lines of "what software should I download to make music with?"

Folks on this forum know that I tend to take a different tack in answering these questions (Personally I think most folks asking this question would serve themselves by spending some time studying music, either by taking instrumental lessons or simply applying some google time to the subject, but most folks won't have patience for that tack), but if you have a short attention span then you should look at one of the following DAWs (DAW stands for Digital Audio Workstation, which simply refers to any of the many software packages that can be used to record, sequence, and produce music)

Fl Studio is one of the most popular DAWs on NG, and with good reason. It is full-featured, powerful, and presents a user-friendly interface. Best of all, you can download a demo that has only one restriction: you can't save a project file. You can still create a complete song and export as an audio file, meaning as long as you're willing to finish work in one session, you have no limiations whatsoever. This makes FL an ideal place to start learning about digital music.

Ableton seems to be especially popular with folks who mix some live recording with their digital production.

LMMS is a FOSS option.

There's a plethora of options out there, but I don't think you should spent too much time worrying about what specific software you pick, at this stage. Once you learn how to use this class of product, switching to a new environment will be more about learning how the new software implements features that you're already familiar with. Be aware that a DAW is a very complex piece of software, and learning to use one will consume a fair amount of time. There are plenty of video tutorials on youtube that would be worth searching out if you're in a hurrty.

You're a new voice actor, and you want to share your voice with the world!
Well, good on you, I guess.

Voice Actor Wanted.
Voice Actor Advertisement.

If you haven't recorded and made publically available some sort of demo reel, you probably should. It couldn't hurt to demonstrate that you have the ability to record your voice at an acceptable quality, and the ability to act.

You're not a voice actor yet, but you want to be!
So you're probably asking what microphone you should buy. Well, my default answer is something along the lines of "Any of the inexpensive USB microphones from companies that make professional and pro-sumer gear." You can see examples here. Any of these will serve you well for voice work, especially at a novice level.

You want to know what microphone you should buy for something!
But you haven't told us specifically what you intend to record. Well, the best I can do, aside from asking for more detailed info, is point you at this handy buying guide from Sweetwater.

The Audio Portal told me I was banned!
Typically a user is banned if they submit music that sounds like it was constructed from premade loops (i.e., you've created a song with no original content)

You might also have been banned for including copyrighted content (that is, 'remixes' or sampling of commercial music, acapellas that have not been released into the public domain).

If you used Creative Commons licensed content, but did not attribute it, that is also grounds for a ban.

In short, you should provide as much information in the song description as you can, especially for your initial submissions. help the mods do their jobs.

If I haven't covered your problem here, or you have more questions, you can try that handy search box in the upper right! Don't be scared, it's your friend!

Thanks, and welcome.

-loansindi

Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to I've been on a freestyle roll 2012-05-05 00:42:18 Reply

At 5/5/12 12:26 AM, loansindi wrote: Here's an opportunity to try out a draft I'm working on, let me know what you guys think:

That's cool and everything but what makes you think that new people will read all that if they don't even bother to read a few lines to begin with? Just saying.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to I've been on a freestyle roll 2012-05-05 04:33:11 Reply

Because backseat modding isnt an offense....

Syztm
Syztm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to I've been on a freestyle roll 2012-05-05 06:50:14 Reply

At 5/5/12 12:26 AM, loansindi wrote: Here's an opportunity to try out a draft I'm working on, let me know what you guys think:

You may want to replace the ''too stupid to use the searchbar'' though. We all know you're one of the most hardcore, badass motherfuckers alive, but that shouldn't give you the right to insult other people.

New tune: Yag

peanutbutterclawk
peanutbutterclawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to I've been on a freestyle roll 2012-05-05 19:46:22 Reply

Ive been here for like 7 years so im not really a new user but thanks for that long ass post i didnt read

MAGIC SEXY WIZARD

BBS Signature