New Topic Respond to this Topic
SKmarioman
SKmarioman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Slight audio problem. May. 4th, 2012 @ 10:20 PM Reply

I'm having a slight problem with importing sounds into flash. When I try to import any sound file (mp3, wav, etc) the speed is slower and the pitch is lower than it should be. I could always use Soundbooth to try to edit the audio to be higher pitched and faster so it will be normal when I import it, but that's very time consuming and this problem didn't happen while making my earlier flash movies. Does anyone know a way I could fix this problem?

PSvils
PSvils
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to Slight audio problem. May. 5th, 2012 @ 08:59 AM Reply

At 5/4/12 10:20 PM, SKmarioman wrote: When I try to import any sound file (mp3, wav, etc) the speed is slower and the pitch is lower than it should be.

What are the sample rates of your audio files?

SKmarioman
SKmarioman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Slight audio problem. May. 5th, 2012 @ 07:54 PM Reply

At 5/5/12 08:59 AM, PSvils wrote:
At 5/4/12 10:20 PM, SKmarioman wrote: When I try to import any sound file (mp3, wav, etc) the speed is slower and the pitch is lower than it should be.
What are the sample rates of your audio files?

Right now I'm trying to import files that have 48kHz (being short sound effects) although the sample rate doesn't seem to be related to the problem.

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Slight audio problem. May. 7th, 2012 @ 10:13 PM Reply

At 5/4/12 10:20 PM, SKmarioman wrote: I'm having a slight problem with importing sounds into flash. When I try to import any sound file (mp3, wav, etc) the speed is slower and the pitch is lower than it should be.

When is this happening? When you listen to it in the library or timeline? or when you test the movie? If it's when you test, check your publish settings. They may be set to override the sound file's settings.

SKmarioman
SKmarioman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Slight audio problem. May. 19th, 2012 @ 07:34 AM Reply

At 5/7/12 10:13 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 5/4/12 10:20 PM, SKmarioman wrote: I'm having a slight problem with importing sounds into flash. When I try to import any sound file (mp3, wav, etc) the speed is slower and the pitch is lower than it should be.
When is this happening? When you listen to it in the library or timeline? or when you test the movie? If it's when you test, check your publish settings. They may be set to override the sound file's settings.

It's when I listen to it in all three. It's probably got to do with when I actually import the sounds, since sounds I've imported before this problem started happen still sound normal.