(Posted from the sign-ups thread)
At 7/7/12 05:39 PM, Trampzy wrote:
At 7/7/12 04:53 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 7/7/12 04:26 PM, zelazon wrote:
Yea, I'm most likely going to send it out on the 10th because by then I'll have a good idea of who's in it (even though it's most likely that the people who are in it now is what we have to work with)
So, I'm assuming after the 10th, sign-ups are closed, and we will discuss (and possibly, confirm) the details? Like the key (not sure if it's already chosen lol), the order of the groups etc etc?
I was kinda wondering about all this... Nothing really seems to be in place yet, especially since our threads have been so lifeless the last 2 weeks.
Well, what we know is:
1. D# is the key (Or Eb as Samulis brough up in the discussion thread)
2. The collab is going to be a max of 10 mins long (confirmed by ChimeraNoise)
3. Groups of people (2+) are going to be working on parts (doesn't have to be strict about who works on what)
What we don't know is:
1. The format of the collab (ChimeraNoise is going to be doing the mixing/mastering so the decision really relies on them this time)
2. Time sigs (It's ambigous whether people want to stick to a strict time sig or do their own thing... we'll figure it out as the collab progresses)
But for right now, it's just been the sign-ups point... it's been really hard to make decision since I didn't know how many people would be joining this thing... but it looks like about 30 have signed up, so pretty much a couple of things can happen if it resides at this number:
1. we can have 10 groups working on 30 second parts who are signed into the collab, and 10 group who are signed in, but have a partner outside of the collab also working on their 30 second parts so everything fits nicely within the frame of 10 minutes.
2. We can have people group together (like 4-6 people to craft their part within the collab, and because they would be working on a single part of the collab, they would be allocated extra time (4 people = 1 minute; 6 = 1:30), basically if you wanted more then the 30 second share, you can collaborate in that type of way. However, note that this applies to people who signed into the collab. Those who join outside of the collab will not have time allocated to them (extending from 2+ people)... sort of the perk of joining the collab.
But overall, I'm being pretty flexible about this a long as the main standards are met. I would give more time to the people who didn't join, but it seem unfair to those who did join the collab during the time frame to be given the same kind of treatment to those that didn't. Besides, the punishment isn't terrible anyway lol.
What else do you guys think you would need to know?