• 423 Replies
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 08:35 PM

oh I didn't realize we were using the same project system thing. We don't really know what we're doing yet, we just teamed up last night.

Same system, different project lol.

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 09:02 PM

At 6/14/12 12:31 PM, Trampzy wrote: Should we maybe form a list of all the people that are in this so far?

Well, I wouldn't say no to a list of who is teaming up with who!

Computer has no brain. DEAL WITH IT!
Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 09:03 PM

At 6/14/12 08:35 PM, zelazon wrote:
oh I didn't realize we were using the same project system thing. We don't really know what we're doing yet, we just teamed up last night.
Same system, different project lol.

I don't think we can use the same project file is what I was getting at, because I think we can only publish one song per project file.

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 09:06 PM

At 6/14/12 09:03 PM, Trampzy wrote:
I don't think we can use the same project file is what I was getting at, because I think we can only publish one song per project file.

Isn't there a file share tool?? I'm pretty sure it supports mp3 too.

Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 09:09 PM

At 6/14/12 09:06 PM, TheZaaL wrote:

Yep!!! but no wav support...

Oh well, I guess it's gonna be good ol' zip time :P

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 09:10 PM

At 6/14/12 09:03 PM, Trampzy wrote:

What? Ya. What I'm saying is for the first collab we did we used the project system; respectively. But the page or file or whatever you call it, I don't think can be used again and we have to open up a new one in order to publish the song, otherwise we'd just over write the last one. I might be wrong though, that's what I'm trying to figure out.

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 09:12 PM

At 6/14/12 09:09 PM, TheZaaL wrote:
Yep!!! but no wav support...

Oh well, I guess it's gonna be good ol' zip time :P

Yeah NG only does .mp3 at 44.1khz sample rate

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 15th, 2012 @ 12:22 AM

I've checked the project members list and didn't see Trampzy along them.
Y-You won't be joining us?
;__;

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 15th, 2012 @ 12:26 AM

At 6/15/12 12:22 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: I've checked the project members list and didn't see Trampzy along them.
Y-You won't be joining us?
;__;

(O~o) It would seem that a new project was opened and I wasn't added.... That would explain my confusion. I was under the impression I was in on this one.

Knoxius
Knoxius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 18th, 2012 @ 07:30 AM

soooo....

d# ..?

please say yes

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 18th, 2012 @ 09:03 PM

My bad Trampzy... I though I had added you already, but now I have (as a manager) that should remove any confusion about that -.- ...

And I think after 5 people voting for D#, it's the one that we're going to go along with.

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 04:10 PM

At 6/18/12 09:03 PM, zelazon wrote: My bad Trampzy... I though I had added you already, but now I have (as a manager) that should remove any confusion about that -.- ...

And I think after 5 people voting for D#, it's the one that we're going to go along with.

Thanks zelazon!

D# sounds good to me

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 20th, 2012 @ 11:02 AM

Alright...I'm going to see if I understand this...

This is a team collab, where we'll be working with our respective partners to create >30 second's worth of music, where as the first group will make a 15 sec. of original composition and 15 sec. of transition for the next group. And the next group would add stuff to the 15 sec. transition from the prev. group, and make 15 sec's worth of original stuff/transition?

...Fuck it, I'll just re-read the previous posts.

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 20th, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

At 6/20/12 11:02 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Alright...I'm going to see if I understand this...

This is a team collab, where we'll be working with our respective partners to create >30 second's worth of music, where as the first group will make a 15 sec. of original composition and 15 sec. of transition for the next group. And the next group would add stuff to the 15 sec. transition from the prev. group, and make 15 sec's worth of original stuff/transition?

...Fuck it, I'll just re-read the previous posts.

haha, I'm just as confused on this one as you are. I haven't figured out yet if we have a set plan, or if it's still on the drawing board.

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 20th, 2012 @ 01:40 PM

At 6/20/12 12:41 PM, Trampzy wrote:
haha, I'm just as confused on this one as you are. I haven't figured out yet if we have a set plan, or if it's still on the drawing board.

Haha!! From what I understood, no decision has been made yet, we'll decide when the inscriptions will be closed

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 09:54 PM

Ultimately, I've decide that when the sign-ups close, that the decision of the format of the collab will rest upon ChimeraNoise, since he's the one who's going to be mixing the songs together... However, the Main rules stand as following:

1. The submission MUST be a representation of the teams work.
2. The submission, themselves, does NOT have to be in any specific format unless the submission impede on the whole of the collab as specified by ChimeraNoice.

Once the sign-up deadline has passed, I'll start updating everyone on the processes (much like I did with the first collab). Nice to see that people are still interested in joining this thing.

camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 10:10 PM

BTW, I've changed plans, I'll be collabing with Jiimaan, a fairly inactive artist here, so you might want to add him to the collab, since I don't think I can do that by myself.

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 27th, 2012 @ 03:44 AM

At 6/26/12 10:10 PM, camoshark wrote: BTW, I've changed plans, I'll be collabing with Jiimaan, a fairly inactive artist here, so you might want to add him to the collab, since I don't think I can do that by myself.

It is done.

CidiousClef
CidiousClef
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 03:59 PM

I should probably point out that I still haven't partnered up with anybody...

I mainly do various forms of EDM on FL Studio 10.

So if anybody is interested, could you please send me a PM?

Many thanks if you do.

BBS Signature
ESTAR48
ESTAR48
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 05:24 PM

This is cool!, i still have to read the whole thread to understand this well but its great! count me in (i alreday say i joined in the singups thread) :P

Only the champions and winners click the link :P

BBS Signature
Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 11:04 PM

At 6/28/12 05:24 PM, ESTAR48 wrote: This is cool!, i still have to read the whole thread to understand this well but its great! count me in (i alreday say i joined in the singups thread) :P

I'm not sure if there's much to understand yet!

JJM121
JJM121
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 12:18 PM

Still looking for partners. Someone who is more electronic/chip music oriented would be great since I'm more of a classical music maker. ^^

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 07:26 PM

:And I think after 5 people voting for D#, it's the one that we're going to go along with.

I really am thinking about defenestrating five people. >.<

According to the magnificent, glorious, and masterful Circle of Fifths...
D# is a Minor key... it has six sharps.
D is a Major key. It has two sharps.
Eb is a Major key, it has three flats (It is enharmonically identical to D# Minor aside from the third, which is, of course, raised a half step from D#).

So... Do you want to have six sharps, two sharps, or three flats? I assume by D# most of you really mean D, that key with sharps.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 11:45 PM

At 6/29/12 07:26 PM, samulis wrote:
I really am thinking about defenestrating five people. >.<

According to the magnificent, glorious, and masterful Circle of Fifths...
D# is a Minor key... it has six sharps.
D is a Major key. It has two sharps.
Eb is a Major key, it has three flats (It is enharmonically identical to D# Minor aside from the third, which is, of course, raised a half step from D#).

So... Do you want to have six sharps, two sharps, or three flats? I assume by D# most of you really mean D, that key with sharps.

Lol, the way I work on songs, the amount of sharps/flats don't really matter to me as long as I know how they sound lol... And for guitar players, they have the whole scale on their fingertips, so it wouldn't affect them either... It's only primarily piano players who will notice this sort of thing.

But I do agree that it will be difficult otherwise, but seeing as we have many who want to do that key, why not?

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 12:52 PM

At 6/29/12 11:45 PM, zelazon wrote:
Lol, the way I work on songs, the amount of sharps/flats don't really matter to me as long as I know how they sound lol... And for guitar players, they have the whole scale on their fingertips, so it wouldn't affect them either... It's only primarily piano players who will notice this sort of thing.

But I do agree that it will be difficult otherwise, but seeing as we have many who want to do that key, why not?

Well, the thing is... if you decide to write a song that has D# as the root of the chord and the chord is Major, you're actually writing in Eb Major. :P

Sooo.... you'd end up with some odd stuff going on between collabs with some being Eb Major, others being D# Minor, and some other people maybe even writing in plain D which would throw the whole thing off.

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 02:32 PM

At 6/30/12 12:52 PM, samulis wrote: Well, the thing is... if you decide to write a song that has D# as the root of the chord and the chord is Major, you're actually writing in Eb Major. :P

Sooo.... you'd end up with some odd stuff going on between collabs with some being Eb Major, others being D# Minor, and some other people maybe even writing in plain D which would throw the whole thing off.

So....why don't we try a different chord? Like E? Or F? Maybe G?
...Alright, I'm just throwing out random letters there.

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 03:11 PM

It's good that we're having a discussion so people are aware of what they're getting into lol. Tbh, I wasn't sure if they were talking about D minor, or Eb, so I just went along with the assumption that D# = Eb (<- a lot easier to find lol) .

So....why don't we try a different chord? Like E? Or F? Maybe G?
...Alright, I'm just throwing out random letters there.

You'd have to be if you through out F lol.

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 11:08 PM

Lol... Hope it's Eb they're talking about then. No need to confuse everyone with something as absolutely rediculous as a composite key signature or something like that. ;D

BBS Signature
TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 11:30 PM

Ok, then, I bow down to your musical masterity and go with Eb... or C tripple sharp??? o.0

Tydusis
Tydusis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 04:15 PM

Well, pretty much every melody I have come up with can be transposed onto just the white keys or just the black keys for the most part, so I don't know what that should say about my musical knowledge - if anything at all.

But, D# is still good because G#, C#, A#, B, and F# can be rolled into it very nicely - depending on what kind of tune we go for.

also, D# is the key of the Skyrim theme if I'm not mistaken.

Latest Creation: Wiretapped Wormhole | Website: Tydusis.com | Also, check out this webcomic I like: Inhuman

BBS Signature