Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-05-20 02:45:00

At 5/20/12 02:10 AM, zelazon wrote:
At 5/20/12 01:22 AM, ObsidianSnow wrote:
At 5/19/12 01:11 AM, ChimeraNoise wrote: My Soundcloud has 350 followers?

It's a shame that my followers don't do a great job of actually listening to the stuff I post.
How do you guys get so many followers? I barely have like 7 lol

I have 5. My music is getting less plays there than on NG.
>:C

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-05-20 03:00:57

At 5/20/12 02:10 AM, zelazon wrote:
How do you guys get so many followers? I barely have like 7 lol

I was featured on a SoundCloud Local page for my city. So luck, really.

Most recent release: [ Stephanie ]

BBS Signature
Adam-Beilgard
Adam-Beilgard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-05-20 03:20:00

Guys, focus. Let's get back to the matter at hand:

Where are we meeting after for celebratory drinks?

...the four right chords can make me cry
Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-05-20 03:31:44

At 5/20/12 03:20 AM, Adam-Beilgard wrote: Guys, focus. Let's get back to the matter at hand:

I don't live in America or Europe, so...guess I'll pass. 'Less you decide to do a live stream.
Wait, is this a serious question?

Adam-Beilgard
Adam-Beilgard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-05-20 12:26:21

At 5/20/12 03:31 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: I don't live in America or Europe, so...guess I'll pass. 'Less you decide to do a live stream.
Wait, is this a serious question?

Drinks is always srs bsns

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature
ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-05-20 13:10:10

At 5/20/12 03:31 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: I don't live in America or Europe, so...guess I'll pass. 'Less you decide to do a live stream.

If you don't live in America or Europe... Then...

YOU MUST LIVE ON THE MOON!

BBS Signature
CidiousClef
CidiousClef
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-05-20 13:48:04

At 5/19/12 10:55 PM, zelazon wrote:
At 5/19/12 03:46 PM, ChimeraNoise wrote:
At 5/19/12 11:29 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: So, spread it on SoundCloud, then?
Well, that's what I was suggesting lol
So I guess u'll be the one hosting on soundcloud... But who will host on this site?

Wouldn't you do it?

Seems like it'd be the most convenient option, considering you started the project.

As for celebratory drinks, I've got nothing.

BBS Signature
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-05-20 14:46:30

Wouldn't you do it?

Seems like it'd be the most convenient option, considering you started the project.

As for celebratory drinks, I've got nothing.

I suppose... but I hate for a project like this to go unnoticed by a large amounts of people because even though I do have people who follow me, i'm not of the popular sort, so I don't know if a ton of people would be interested to listen if I posted it... which is why I'm posing this question in the first place lol.

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-05-20 15:32:47

Also, I need to discuss about delegating members to official position over the control over subsequent collabs (because it seems like more people want to do other collabs of this type/other types in the future), and it would take too much of my time to try to run the whole thing myself, so I need other people who are as motivated as I've been to getting collabs finished.

Who would be interested in seeking a leadership position within following collabs?

ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-05-20 15:48:38

At 5/20/12 03:32 PM, zelazon wrote: Who would be interested in seeking a leadership position within following collabs?

What are the other collaboration ideas?

I'm interested in that position, I would just like to know what to expect as far as a turnout goes so I can better manage my time around it.

BBS Signature
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-05-20 16:06:03

At 5/20/12 03:48 PM, ChimeraNoise wrote:
At 5/20/12 03:32 PM, zelazon wrote: Who would be interested in seeking a leadership position within following collabs?
What are the other collaboration ideas?

I'm interested in that position, I would just like to know what to expect as far as a turnout goes so I can better manage my time around it.

a few of the ideas would be where people work together to create one song (maybe contribute one instrument to the whole song)... with that part, you would need someone dedicated to work on the bass, and percussion because those instrument are vital to a good song. Also, maybe we could have someone qualify (showing examples of their work to show that they know what their doing) because in the past, I've seen an awesome work go to waste because someone wasn't talented enough to provide a good part without tons of mistakes.

Another is maybe we could do something where people could pair together to work on a 30 sec song (something like this collab, but with teams. I think that would take a bit longer to complete because getting people to work together would require them to schedule around people's times, and from what I'm seeing so far, it can take a bit of time for people to work on their own song, so extra time would have to be taken into consideration.

and I thinking that maybe each collab should be given a month - 3 month time completion deadline so that people have enough time to work on it, or know that they won't be able to contribute as planned.

But as far as turnout goes, I think there will be no problem gathering many people for collab ideas since people like to work together with others... but the lead positions would require of you to inform people (even on a daily basis) of what to expect with people work. As far as implementing each part into a collab, I think that's something I'll mainly prioritize as my job, so you won't have to worry about that... unless you want to do that aspect, then we can probably do a rotation of some kind so that people who are in lead positions have a chance to take command of the collab at any point in time... however, if you choose to do that, you're going to have me asking you how the collab is coming along (on a daily basis) and asking for progress reports (posting the collab on this project site, or even on box.net), so you gotta be sure it's something you're dedicated to do, and something you want to do.

Let me know if there's anything else you need to consider before you decide to join up as a lead.

ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-05-20 16:41:06

At 5/20/12 04:06 PM, zelazon wrote:
Another is maybe we could do something where people could pair together to work on a 30 sec song (something like this collab, but with teams. I think that would take a bit longer to complete because getting people to work together would require them to schedule around people's times, and from what I'm seeing so far, it can take a bit of time for people to work on their own song, so extra time would have to be taken into consideration.

I absolutely love the idea of a collaborative collaboration! I won't say that I'd like to take a leading role in organizing it yet, I'd like to see the final results of this one. Afterwards, however, I'll draft up some ideas based on how things were run this time and get the show goin'!

BBS Signature
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-05-20 21:42:17

I absolutely love the idea of a collaborative collaboration! I won't say that I'd like to take a leading role in organizing it yet, I'd like to see the final results of this one. Afterwards, however, I'll draft up some ideas based on how things were run this time and get the show goin'!

Whenever u get around to doing it, just show me to keep me updated on the types of ideas that you wanted to implement... a lot better then myself having to think up the whole thing lol

NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-05-20 21:54:11

At 5/20/12 03:20 AM, Adam-Beilgard wrote: Guys, focus. Let's get back to the matter at hand:

Boston; I will buy you a beer

that's how far I can travel...
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-05-21 02:07:35

At 5/20/12 01:10 PM, ChimeraNoise wrote: If you don't live in America or Europe... Then...

YOU MUST LIVE ON THE MOON!

Actually, I live in Malaysia, so...no. Dude, I can't even afford a cheap MIDI keyboard/controller let alone afford a commercial space flight lol

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-05-21 02:09:34

At 5/20/12 04:41 PM, ChimeraNoise wrote: I absolutely love the idea of a collaborative collaboration! I won't say that I'd like to take a leading role in organizing it yet, I'd like to see the final results of this one. Afterwards, however, I'll draft up some ideas based on how things were run this time and get the show goin'!

So it's safe to assume we're now acquaintances? Or friends? PLEASE SAY YES I'M SO LONELY

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-05-21 11:08:30

At 5/21/12 02:09 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 5/20/12 04:41 PM, ChimeraNoise wrote: I absolutely love the idea of a collaborative collaboration! I won't say that I'd like to take a leading role in organizing it yet, I'd like to see the final results of this one. Afterwards, however, I'll draft up some ideas based on how things were run this time and get the show goin'!
So it's safe to assume we're now acquaintances? Or friends? PLEASE SAY YES I'M SO LONELY

NO! You'll be alone forever!

haha jk

btw, I had a dream last night that the collab was done, and I gave it a listen and was like "Wow this is amazing!" But then I woke up and realized I still have to upload my part :[ Sadness extreme

ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-05-21 13:26:56

At 5/21/12 02:09 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: So it's safe to assume we're now acquaintances? Or friends? PLEASE SAY YES I'M SO LONELY

WE'RE BEST FRIENDS FOREVER AND EVER!

BFFE's for the win!
But why? lol

BBS Signature
NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-05-21 15:49:07

At 5/21/12 11:08 AM, Trampzy wrote:
At 5/21/12 02:09 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: So it's safe to assume we're now acquaintances? Or friends? PLEASE SAY YES I'M SO LONELY
NO! You'll be alone forever!

FOREVER, ALONE!

Music Collab Discussion Thread

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-05-23 02:56:21

Okay, all the submissions are in... now it's time to make sure that the final product is ready for polish before it's put up on the net.

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed so far and allow me to get the collab in the state it's in so far, and without you guys, it would be the standard, typical work that I usually do, so thx so far.

If you want to hear the collab (in its current form or updated) online, send me a pm and I'll link you to the box.net site... and I'll also be uploading it to the project file here on newgrounds as well. It should be finish within this week/next week, so prepare for the finish product soon :D!

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-06-01 23:12:06

I love the preview that was posted! It was awesome.

ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-06-02 03:09:19

http://soundcloud.com/alexz-stewart/newgrounds-collaboration

Make sure you all make a comment for your part so people can find you on SoundCloud and/or Newgrounds!

BBS Signature
ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-06-02 18:28:19

At 6/2/12 03:09 AM, ChimeraNoise wrote: http://soundcloud.com/alexz-stewart/newgrounds-collaboration

Make sure you all make a comment for your part so people can find you on SoundCloud and/or Newgrounds!

I commented + reposted on SoundCloud. We'll see how many of my followers actually follow me lol

P.S. I got invited to the new SoundCloud Beta, looks pretty slick!

After taking a listen, there are a couple of you who I think would be fun to do some closer work with, just based on the kind of submission you made. Namely Kassich, JJM121, and possibly samulis or Adam-Beilgard. Perhaps you four would agree.

Most recent release: [ Stephanie ]

BBS Signature
CidiousClef
CidiousClef
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-06-02 19:23:16

This was wicked. The End result was wicked. We should totally do this again sometime.

That's all there really is to say on the matter.

BBS Signature
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-06-02 22:24:15

Welp, adam posted an updated version to his part, so this might be troublesome, but could you reupload it with the new updated version -.- ...

However, I shall take a look and see how it fares so far :)

Adam-Beilgard
Adam-Beilgard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-06-02 22:59:20

At 6/2/12 06:28 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote:
After taking a listen, there are a couple of you who I think would be fun to do some closer work with, just based on the kind of submission you made. Namely Kassich, JJM121, and possibly samulis or Adam-Beilgard. Perhaps you four would agree.

We should totally do it, have a five-way (musically speaking) where we leave all inhibition behind and explore new feelings together (musically speaking) and don't stop until everyone has been thoroughly satisfied (musically speaking).

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-06-03 05:14:46

At 6/2/12 10:24 PM, zelazon wrote: Welp, adam posted an updated version to his part, so this might be troublesome, but could you reupload it with the new updated version -.- ...

However, I shall take a look and see how it fares so far :)\

So, I should delete the old version, and reupload with the newer version?

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-06-03 06:17:13

It's up to you if it isn't too much trouble, but I know soundcloud kinda destroys any sort of comments you might have on a work if you try to reupload it... so if there's going to be little damage involved, go ahead.

At 6/3/12 05:14 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 6/2/12 10:24 PM, zelazon wrote: Welp, adam posted an updated version to his part, so this might be troublesome, but could you reupload it with the new updated version -.- ...

However, I shall take a look and see how it fares so far :)\
So, I should delete the old version, and reupload with the newer version?
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-06-03 06:37:55

Alright, since the song is release, I'm going to release it to the public now.

JJM121
JJM121
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-06-03 10:51:58

At 6/2/12 06:28 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote: After taking a listen, there are a couple of you who I think would be fun to do some closer work with, just based on the kind of submission you made. Namely Kassich, JJM121, and possibly samulis or Adam-Beilgard. Perhaps you four would agree.

Why thank you. I would love to work with you all. ^^