TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-01 20:20:45

At 10/1/12 07:12 PM, zelazon wrote:
Yea, I'm still trying to figure out how to fit it together...

Haha, that's where semi-restrictive and/or collaborative transitions would have helped lol!

Need some help? I have 2 weeks off, and almost nothing to do :P

Computer has no brain. DEAL WITH IT!
Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-01 21:39:17

At 10/1/12 08:20 PM, TheZaaL wrote:
At 10/1/12 07:12 PM, zelazon wrote:
Yea, I'm still trying to figure out how to fit it together...
Haha, that's where semi-restrictive and/or collaborative transitions would have helped lol!

Need some help? I have 2 weeks off, and almost nothing to do :P

If you want to help, that would be great... In what way do you want to help tho?

If mixing, then I can give you all the submission and you can figure some way of creatively mixing them together... if other, then you can let me know how and I'll see what I can do.

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-01 21:45:16

At 10/1/12 09:39 PM, zelazon wrote:
If you want to help, that would be great... In what way do you want to help tho?

If mixing, then I can give you all the submission and you can figure some way of creatively mixing them together... if other, then you can let me know how and I'll see what I can do.

I can help with the mix ;)

Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-01 22:02:19

At 10/1/12 09:45 PM, TheZaaL wrote:
At 10/1/12 09:39 PM, zelazon wrote:

I can help with the mix ;)

Alright, I'll probably master it then if you can figure out something with it... I see if I can come up with anything as well, but for now, I'm still gathering ideas.

HighBallers
HighBallers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-02 23:59:45

anybody need a guitarist for a project?

ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-08 18:59:38

Sorry it's been so long. I was without internet for two weeks.

I'm starting on the mixing right meow

BBS Signature
Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-08 22:33:11

At 10/8/12 06:59 PM, ChimeraNoise wrote: Sorry it's been so long. I was without internet for two weeks.

I think Zelazon already started it. Did you speak to him yet?

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-08 23:04:22

At 10/8/12 10:33 PM, Trampzy wrote:
At 10/8/12 06:59 PM, ChimeraNoise wrote: Sorry it's been so long. I was without internet for two weeks.

I think Zelazon already started it. Did you speak to him yet?

Yea, they messaged me at the same time... Thezaal already started with the mix, but it would be good to have a couple of mixes to choose from... we can probably have some type of vote to decide on which mix to take.

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-08 23:33:11

At 10/8/12 11:04 PM, zelazon wrote: Yea, they messaged me at the same time... Thezaal already started with the mix, but it would be good to have a couple of mixes to choose from... we can probably have some type of vote to decide on which mix to take.

I couldn't work at all past days on the mix (yeah, I know I said I could zel, but I had some , and I won't be able to work on it until saturday :P

As for the actual state of my mix, see for yourself : http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/9bb496f1952fb975c7715eff 4cbac09a

I can't say I'm satisfied with it. More work needed. I included the .flp and all the wavs, so if someone with fl studio wants to complete it before I return, I won't be angry at you :P

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-08 23:36:55

At 10/8/12 11:33 PM, TheZaaL wrote: (yeah, I know I said I could zel, but I had some ,

Damn it! I had unexpected work to do. sry for double post :P

ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-09 02:04:15

Private Soundcloud

I'm still missing two clips that I didn't receive in my PM or see in the project manager.

This is what I have so far after a few hours of work. I'll finish it up tomorrow.

Music Collab Discussion Thread

BBS Signature
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-09 03:38:18

At 10/9/12 02:04 AM, ChimeraNoise wrote: Private Soundcloud

I'm still missing two clips that I didn't receive in my PM or see in the project manager.

This is what I have so far after a few hours of work. I'll finish it up tomorrow.

Nice!

That's really creative... Much more so than anything I could have come up with haha.

Syztm
Syztm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-09 05:49:34

That's actually really cool! Some transitions are a bit sloppy, but nothing too drastic. Looking forward to the final result, good job!

New tune: Yag

WolfRock
WolfRock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-09 09:15:19

Damn, if my part is going to be mangled like that, better leave it out altogether.

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-09 09:45:35

At 10/9/12 02:04 AM, ChimeraNoise wrote: I'm still missing two clips that I didn't receive in my PM or see in the project manager.

Lol!

And the winner, by knockout, at 6 second of the first round...

CHIIIIIIMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

JJM121
JJM121
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-09 15:21:12

Considering you had to rush through it, you did a great job, ChimeraNoise. ^^ The transitions just need a bit of fine-tuning without cutting too much of each of the tracks and the volume levels would also need a bit of work so they match each other *cough*our part is a bit too quiet*cough*.

Really liking ObsidianSnow's and HyperTrough's part. :O

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-09 16:39:04

me & yoshiii343's part sounds sooooooo outta place...

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-09 17:01:52

I think we need to wait to see how the final outcome will be... too much to try to criticize the earliest version too soon.

Any if anyone want to try their hand at the mixing, go ahead... I couldn't really think of how to mix it together (it probably would have been the same mixing technique as the last collab or maybe a bit more advanced)... but I think this is pretty good.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-10 02:15:02

At 10/9/12 04:39 PM, Trampzy wrote: me & yoshiii343's part sounds sooooooo outta place...

yeah. should have added some other instrument in there

Metallica1136
Metallica1136
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-10 13:11:40

Holy shit, I love it. Yay for my part being first, xD

Searching for the answers. There's a universe inside us all. Every passing lifetime. Important as the last.

ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-10 19:16:54

To those of you that are unhappy with your part in the mix. Please comment where you are at in the Soundcloud and I will do my best to please you.

To those of you that enjoy it; I'm glad!

BBS Signature
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-10 19:51:08

Alright, I think it's time to talk about what we should do for our next collab (I think I might have brought this up before, but never got any replies on the subject...)

I was thinking maybe collaborating on a single song? If we are, we'd have to decide the genre, the bpm, time-signature, and all the other things because I know a lot of people are used to doing different genres...

But I know most people are available during the summer since at this time, a lot of people still have school to commit themselves to... but I think if we're only focusing on one part, it won't take too much trouble.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-10 20:42:47

At 10/10/12 07:51 PM, zelazon wrote: I was thinking maybe collaborating on a single song? If we are, we'd have to decide the genre, the bpm, time-signature, and all the other things because I know a lot of people are used to doing different genres...

I...thought that's what we did last collab?
Oh wait, this one's more restrictive?

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-10 21:25:46

At 10/10/12 08:42 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 10/10/12 07:51 PM, zelazon wrote: I was thinking maybe collaborating on a single song? If we are, we'd have to decide the genre, the bpm, time-signature, and all the other things because I know a lot of people are used to doing different genres...
I...thought that's what we did last collab?
Oh wait, this one's more restrictive?

More in the fact that maybe one person would be constructing a drum part, someone would make a lead, someone would work on bass, and someone else would work on pad, etc.

This collab that we're doing now is a group collab consisting of a team of people's contribution to one collective whole... this one would be everyone contributing to one individual project.

ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-10 22:44:11

I call dibs on rhythm guitar 'cause I don't have time to write any leads lol

I can fit in a guitar anywhere ;D

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-10 23:18:39

At 10/10/12 10:44 PM, ChimeraNoise wrote: I call dibs on rhythm guitar 'cause I don't have time to write any leads lol

dibs on wobble basses, foo'

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-11 02:36:17

I'll probably start a Sign-up thread with a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice pick for whoever signs up (don't have to choose three, but it'll help the probality of you getting your desired parts.

Also, I think we can also have dual parts as well, depending on the what we decide to do.

I'll probably take leads or arpeggios... depending on what we're working on.

Syztm
Syztm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-11 06:00:53

At 10/10/12 07:51 PM, zelazon wrote:
I was thinking maybe collaborating on a single song? If we are, we'd have to decide the genre, the bpm, time-signature, and all the other things because I know a lot of people are used to doing different genres...

Rig did something like this a while ago, ended up with 19 people collaborating on a single song. I'm interested, though. You should probably make a new thread for that to keep things organised.

New tune: Yag

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-11 14:53:28

At 10/11/12 06:00 AM, Syztm wrote: Rig did something like this a while ago, ended up with 19 people collaborating on a single song. I'm interested, though. You should probably make a new thread for that to keep things organised.

I was thinking about it considering that I really didn't intend for this thread to go as far as it did (only intended for the first collab)...

Yea, I was a part of something like this a few years ago (one that acid paradox tried to start, but never finished because the main person didn't make the necessary changes).

But I'll probably start the collab as soon as we get this one finished.

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-12 03:21:57

At 10/10/12 11:18 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 10/10/12 10:44 PM, ChimeraNoise wrote: I call dibs on rhythm guitar 'cause I don't have time to write any leads lol

dibs on wobble basses, foo'

Dibs on all piano-tastical nonsense.

Most recent release: [ Stephanie ]

BBS Signature