Be a Supporter!

Music Collab Discussion Thread

  • 23,625 Views
  • 423 Replies
New Topic
Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-25 06:42:54

At 9/25/12 03:03 AM, zelazon wrote:
Yea, that's fine if it's at that point... just pm me whenever you're finished. This is more towards the people who haven't been keeping a heads up with me.

Sweet, thankyou! We'll PM you as soon as we can!

Tydusis
Tydusis
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-25 22:50:30

Is it safe to assume that not all submissions are/have been submitted through the NG project system's file share system? JJM121 said he submitted our part a few days ago, but I don't see it in the project system. I guess I'm just a bit anxious and/or confused about if our part actually made it in.


Latest Creation: Wiretapped Wormhole | Website: Tydusis.com | Also, check out this webcomic I like: Inhuman

BBS Signature
camoshark
camoshark
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2007
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-25 23:27:42

Our team is in last minute details, should be posted before midnight, not that it really matters at this point.

zelazon
zelazon
  • Member since: Oct. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-26 00:11:52

At 9/25/12 11:27 PM, camoshark wrote: Our team is in last minute details, should be posted before midnight, not that it really matters at this point.

Alright :D!

Remember... today's the last day to send your part to chimeranoise... any other submission will not be accepted!

zelazon
zelazon
  • Member since: Oct. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-26 00:13:00

At 9/25/12 10:50 PM, Tydusis wrote: Is it safe to assume that not all submissions are/have been submitted through the NG project system's file share system? JJM121 said he submitted our part a few days ago, but I don't see it in the project system. I guess I'm just a bit anxious and/or confused about if our part actually made it in.

Yea... some submission have not been submitted through the project system, but I would pm chimeranoise to clarify if the submission has been received.

camoshark
camoshark
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2007
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-26 00:24:03

At 9/26/12 12:13 AM, zelazon wrote: Yea... some submission have not been submitted through the project system, but I would pm chimeranoise to clarify if the submission has been received.

Uploaded in the file share, does that mean I'm in the clear?

zelazon
zelazon
  • Member since: Oct. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-26 00:36:30

At 9/26/12 12:24 AM, camoshark wrote:
At 9/26/12 12:13 AM, zelazon wrote: Yea... some submission have not been submitted through the project system, but I would pm chimeranoise to clarify if the submission has been received.
Uploaded in the file share, does that mean I'm in the clear?

Yup... if you uploaded in the file share, make sure that it contains a .wav file (you can include it into a zip file to achieve that).

JJM121
JJM121
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-26 08:21:06

I uploaded our part to dropbox so I guess that'll be ok right?

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-26 14:32:34

Woops, I just sent our part to chimera yesterday, uploading it through the file share now :P


Computer has no brain. DEAL WITH IT!
Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-29 22:34:25

Just so you know, I believe Yoshiii343 and I are done... I'm just waiting for his approval on the mastered part. If he likes it then we should be all set.

Metallica1136
Metallica1136
  • Member since: May. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-29 23:09:50

At 9/29/12 10:34 PM, Trampzy wrote: Just so you know, I believe Yoshiii343 and I are done... I'm just waiting for his approval on the mastered part. If he likes it then we should be all set.

Awesome! Really looking forward to hearing it. It's been planned for such a long time.


Searching for the answers. There's a universe inside us all. Every passing lifetime. Important as the last.

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-29 23:17:33

At 9/29/12 11:09 PM, Metallica1136 wrote:
At 9/29/12 10:34 PM, Trampzy wrote: Just so you know, I believe Yoshiii343 and I are done... I'm just waiting for his approval on the mastered part. If he likes it then we should be all set.
Awesome! Really looking forward to hearing it. It's been planned for such a long time.

I think this collab will probably turn out great, I listened to a few other peoples parts and they were awesome
-I can't even remember when I signed up for this whole thing

Metallica1136
Metallica1136
  • Member since: May. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-30 01:34:45

I think this collab will probably turn out great, I listened to a few other peoples parts and they were awesome
-I can't even remember when I signed up for this whole thing

Yeah, same here. Really looking forward to hearing the final thing, and just like you, i actually don't really remember how I found the collab, but I'm glad I did.


Searching for the answers. There's a universe inside us all. Every passing lifetime. Important as the last.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-30 03:00:26

At 9/30/12 01:34 AM, Metallica1136 wrote:
I think this collab will probably turn out great, I listened to a few other peoples parts and they were awesome
-I can't even remember when I signed up for this whole thing
Yeah, same here. Really looking forward to hearing the final thing, and just like you, i actually don't really remember how I found the collab, but I'm glad I did.

funny, because i still remember how i found the collab
you guys are getting old
hehehuhuehuehuehuehuehuehue

zelazon
zelazon
  • Member since: Oct. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-30 03:56:53

At 9/29/12 11:17 PM, Trampzy wrote:
At 9/29/12 11:09 PM, Metallica1136 wrote:
At 9/29/12 10:34 PM, Trampzy wrote: Just so you know, I believe Yoshiii343 and I are done... I'm just waiting for his approval on the mastered part. If he likes it then we should be all set.
Awesome! Really looking forward to hearing it. It's been planned for such a long time.
I think this collab will probably turn out great, I listened to a few other peoples parts and they were awesome
-I can't even remember when I signed up for this whole thing

I might have to do the mixing since Chimeranoise hasn't gotten back to me for awhile... I should have probably taken the initiative when they were saying that they were busy, but I'll probably get started on it right away.

Metallica1136
Metallica1136
  • Member since: May. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-30 04:11:44

I might have to do the mixing since Chimeranoise hasn't gotten back to me for awhile... I should have probably taken the initiative when they were saying that they were busy, but I'll probably get started on it right away.

Aw damn. I'm gonna go to bed now (It's 3:11 AM) I hope to see it when I wake up.


Searching for the answers. There's a universe inside us all. Every passing lifetime. Important as the last.

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-30 10:25:12

At 9/30/12 04:11 AM, Metallica1136 wrote:
I might have to do the mixing since Chimeranoise hasn't gotten back to me for awhile... I should have probably taken the initiative when they were saying that they were busy, but I'll probably get started on it right away.
Aw damn. I'm gonna go to bed now (It's 3:11 AM) I hope to see it when I wake up.

I think it might take a little longer than one nap to finish it...

At 9/30/12 03:00 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: funny, because i still remember how i found the collab
you guys are getting old
hehehuhuehuehuehuehuehuehue

you hooligans and all your shenanigans!

Music Collab Discussion Thread

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-30 11:42:08

sooooooo yeah our part is in the file share now. It kills me that we have to use .mp3's though... So many frequencies lost... :'(

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-30 11:59:04

At 9/30/12 11:42 AM, Trampzy wrote: sooooooo yeah our part is in the file share now. It kills me that we have to use .mp3's though... So many frequencies lost... :'(

"Hopefully, it was worth the weight."
- Gaben

Syztm
Syztm
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-30 12:56:25

At 9/30/12 11:42 AM, Trampzy wrote: sooooooo yeah our part is in the file share now. It kills me that we have to use .mp3's though... So many frequencies lost... :'(

What, I thought we had to upload .wav files. At least that's what I did.


New tune: Yag

Metallica1136
Metallica1136
  • Member since: May. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-30 12:58:52

OHHHH SO THIS IS HOW I'M TREATED HUH? I SAIIIIIIDDDDDDD! I HOPE TO SEE IT WHEN I WAKE UP, AND YOU DON'T HAVE IT YET. I AM VERY INSULTED.

Haha, jk, Take your time on it. Mixing a track can take a lot of time and patience.


Searching for the answers. There's a universe inside us all. Every passing lifetime. Important as the last.

zelazon
zelazon
  • Member since: Oct. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-30 13:56:49

At 9/30/12 11:42 AM, Trampzy wrote: sooooooo yeah our part is in the file share now. It kills me that we have to use .mp3's though... So many frequencies lost... :'(

Submit via .wav to either the file sharing or any various website you use to transfer data to me so it's easier to work with.

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-30 13:57:15

At 9/30/12 12:58 PM, Metallica1136 wrote: OHHHH SO THIS IS HOW I'M TREATED HUH? I SAIIIIIIDDDDDDD! I HOPE TO SEE IT WHEN I WAKE UP, AND YOU DON'T HAVE IT YET. I AM VERY INSULTED.

Haha, jk, Take your time on it. Mixing a track can take a lot of time and patience.

lol, having javascript problems!

Posting our part here for all of you :P
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/f3a76f97e5967c66a89dd220 87bc7a74


Computer has no brain. DEAL WITH IT!
Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

zelazon
zelazon
  • Member since: Oct. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-30 13:59:33

At 9/30/12 04:11 AM, Metallica1136 wrote:
I might have to do the mixing since Chimeranoise hasn't gotten back to me for awhile... I should have probably taken the initiative when they were saying that they were busy, but I'll probably get started on it right away.
Aw damn. I'm gonna go to bed now (It's 3:11 AM) I hope to see it when I wake up.

Considering I'm just taking the initiative to finishing the mixing, I can gurantee you that it's going to take me a few days to get it mixed/mastered (to the best of my abilities)

As usually is the case, I'll send you guys a link to the progress of the collab (I'll probably keep posting updated version to my Soundcloud so you can hear it)

I'll pm the people who submitted via the deadline and let them know of the changes.

zelazon
zelazon
  • Member since: Oct. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-30 14:14:28

Okay, so after reviewing what i have so far...

I have:
Camoshark x Jiiman
Estar x Ayotom (still need to receive the .wav version)
JJM x Houzatosis x Tydusis
Obsidiansnow x Hypertrough
Syztm
Wolfrock x Metallica
Thezaal x Robsoundtrack x Wurfel-waffles

Still need:
Trampzy x Yoshiii
Anyone else who submitted to Chimeranoise before the deadline.

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-30 15:30:26

At 9/30/12 12:56 PM, Syztm wrote: What, I thought we had to upload .wav files. At least that's what I did.
At 9/30/12 01:56 PM, zelazon wrote: Submit via .wav to either the file sharing or any various website you use to transfer data to me so it's easier to work with.

oh okay, yeah I did .mp3 because newgrounds doesn't take .wav I think. (I don't really know, I use soundcloud more) I usually use .AIFF for everything, but .wav is just as good........and I hate .mp3. I could get better quality through a potato.

zelazon
zelazon
  • Member since: Oct. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-30 16:14:51

At 9/30/12 03:30 PM, Trampzy wrote:
At 9/30/12 01:56 PM, zelazon wrote: Submit via .wav to either the file sharing or any various website you use to transfer data to me so it's easier to work with.
oh okay, yeah I did .mp3 because newgrounds doesn't take .wav I think. (I don't really know, I use soundcloud more) I usually use .AIFF for everything, but .wav is just as good........and I hate .mp3. I could get better quality through a potato.

Most people submitted through a zip/rar files (a compressed version that allows you to store a lot of stuff in a compact amount) which I didn't know until someone did it... the file sharing doesn't allow for .wav (not sure why) but it does allow for that.

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-09-30 17:16:52

At 9/30/12 04:14 PM, zelazon wrote: Most people submitted through a zip/rar files (a compressed version that allows you to store a lot of stuff in a compact amount) which I didn't know until someone did it... the file sharing doesn't allow for .wav (not sure why) but it does allow for that.

Oh yeah I could've done that. But I already sent you a dropbox link, and that's much easier; I hate making too many layers to get through to see one file.

For NG not supporting .wav: it could be some sort of codec issue. Though I know nothing of web design's relation to codecs (like if it even uses codecs) so I couldn't really say for sure :P

Syztm
Syztm
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-01 05:05:20

Lol, so many different styles together. This should be an interesting collab.


New tune: Yag

zelazon
zelazon
  • Member since: Oct. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread 2012-10-01 19:12:40

At 10/1/12 05:05 AM, Syztm wrote: Lol, so many different styles together. This should be an interesting collab.

Yea, I'm still trying to figure out how to fit it together... It's seems like it's going to be harder to work with this then it was with the first collab...

I might have to make custom transitions for each part so it fits like a glove... still contemplating it all considering I never really intended to do the mixing on this one.