ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Aug. 29th, 2012 @ 12:27 PM

Correction:

Two teams have submitted tracks out of a supposed ten teams. Which means we're waiting for eight people to submit their part within the next week or so. If you're still involved in this project, please PM me with your progress so that I can ensure that I devote the necessary time.

BBS Signature
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Aug. 29th, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

I'm just gonna send you a pm with everything I've heard thus far so you have an general idea of what's going on.

WolfRock
WolfRock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 03:06 AM

Alright, our part is done.
I put it in the file share system.

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 07:55 PM

Hyper and I might just make the deadline after all...

Most recent release: [ Stephanie ]

BBS Signature
SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

At 8/30/12 07:55 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote: Hyper and I might just make the deadline after all...

Yay! I knew you both could do it!

Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 4th, 2012 @ 04:03 PM

Okay, so we're getting close to the deadline which hopefully most of the users will be done by next monday.

We might also extend the deadline of the collab depending on how many user submit by the 10th.

So with that, we need to figure out what we're going to do for our next collab. It's going to be competative in nature, but in what way?

Well, I was thinking maybe we could work on one single song constructing it from the bottom floor up

Ex.:
A group of participant submit a foundation for what we'll be working with (a.k.a Bassline or Drums... whatever any artist starts off with as their foundation for creating their song). Not only will this process give people better understanding on how other people start off their foundation, but also proactively thinking about how they can can influence other ideas in their own ways.

Once a foundations is decide, we can then work on another part (maybe drums, lead, etc) and compete for that spot to... and basically work from there until we have a fully cohesive song.

This is just a speculative process, and not one that'll be finalized unless everyone agrees to it. I know how adamant some people get about having normal people able to decide during competition, but please save that for other threads. For now, if you're not throwing out ideas for what our next collab could be, then it's probably better to save your reason for a pm.

So, any other ideas?

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 10th, 2012 @ 04:16 AM

Okay, so at 11:59, those who haven't replied back to me, or spoke to me about what their groups will do, will NOT have their submission be accepted in the collab.

Those who responded back will have 2 more weeks granted to them to finish up whatever they need to do, but at that point, we're going to have to call it closed.

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 10th, 2012 @ 11:53 AM

At 9/10/12 04:16 AM, zelazon wrote: Okay, so at 11:59, those who haven't replied back to me, or spoke to me about what their groups will do, will NOT have their submission be accepted in the collab.

Those who responded back will have 2 more weeks granted to them to finish up whatever they need to do, but at that point, we're going to have to call it closed.

Can Yoshiii343 and I have a bit extra time? He's waiting on me right now to do something, mainly because I've been non-stop busy for about a month now.. :\
I think we'd be able to get it done though

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 10th, 2012 @ 12:02 PM

At 9/10/12 11:53 AM, Trampzy wrote: Can Yoshiii343 and I have a bit extra time? He's waiting on me right now to do something, mainly because I've been non-stop busy for about a month now.. :\
I think we'd be able to get it done though

Of course.

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 10th, 2012 @ 09:28 PM

Yikes!! Totally forgot about NG for 2 weeks. We'll try to build something!

Computer has no brain. DEAL WITH IT!
Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 10th, 2012 @ 09:31 PM

At 9/10/12 09:28 PM, TheZaaL wrote: Yikes!! Totally forgot about NG for 2 weeks. We'll try to build something!

Stupid internet... Can we have an extention?

Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 10th, 2012 @ 11:03 PM

At 9/10/12 09:31 PM, TheZaaL wrote:
At 9/10/12 09:28 PM, TheZaaL wrote: Yikes!! Totally forgot about NG for 2 weeks. We'll try to build something!

Yea. You already explained your situation... however, when the two weeks are up, I can't accept anymore submission.

Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 11th, 2012 @ 03:35 PM

At 9/10/12 11:03 PM, zelazon wrote:
At 9/10/12 09:31 PM, TheZaaL wrote:
Yea. You already explained your situation... however, when the two weeks are up, I can't accept anymore submission.

Son of b... Anyway, when I sign up for this collab I wasn't planning ahead for my offline schedule yet. This is my explanation: I have 2 dayjobs, drunktime every night and more works.

Now I have to find a new partner because people keep fucking dropout of this place. Do I have the rights to earn my 2 weeks? :D

MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 11th, 2012 @ 04:25 PM

Now I have to find a new partner because people keep fucking dropout of this place. Do I have the rights to earn my 2 weeks? :D

Yes, it is granted since you did respond... however remember that in two weeks, no more submission will be accepted.

People who are finished:

Estar/Ayotom
Me/ThebustinJeebers
Wolfrock/Metallica

Okay, so here's a list of people who will be able to qualify for their 2 week extension:

HyperTrough/Obsidiansnow
Aliencho
Camoshark/Jiiman
Dannymirage
Houzatosis/JJM121/Tydus
Jrex
Metallica1136/Wolfrock
Syztm
Samulis
Thezaal
Trampzy/ Yoshi343
Wurfel-waffles

People who never responded and won't be granted their 2 week extension:

Cidiousclef
Kirbyfemur
Knoxius

camoshark
camoshark
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 11th, 2012 @ 06:17 PM

I should be done pretty soon, just finishing the last segment.

Syztm
Syztm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 09:44 AM

Well my partner called it quits, so I'm gonna have to finish it alone. I've been rather busy lately since I'm moving abroad next week, so I'm not able to work at my usual pace. I've pretty much got the skeleton of the track now, so I'll take a couple of days to work on some details and the mixing department.
Sorry for the delay!

New tune: Yag

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 01:31 PM

Remember, the Deadline is going to be at September 25 at 11:59 PM... Any more submission after that will be ignored.

Syztm
Syztm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 05:45 PM

There, I submitted the file in the project system and sent ChimeraNoise a PM with my part. That makes 4, I assume?

New tune: Yag

JJM121
JJM121
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 02:52 PM

Submitted mine, houzatosis and Tydusis's part. So I guess it should be 3-4 teams that have submitted as of yet.

WolfRock
WolfRock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 21st, 2012 @ 07:30 AM

I submitted another mix of our part, because the previous one was made on headphones, so it was pretty bad, the drums were drowned by the guitars. Hope it's not too late.

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 21st, 2012 @ 04:45 PM

At 9/21/12 07:30 AM, WolfRock wrote: I submitted another mix of our part, because the previous one was made on headphones, so it was pretty bad, the drums were drowned by the guitars. Hope it's not too late.

Nope, as long as it's submitted before the 25th, it is fine.

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:51 AM

Remember people... There are only two days left to enter in your submissions. If the deadline passes, your submission will NOT be a part of the collab.

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:27 PM

Version 1 of our part is done and sent to Chimera!!!

Both Rob and Waffles are fantastic partners to work with, and I'm having hard time to keep up with their talent! In fact, I consider my contribution negligible compared to what they have sent to me :P. Because of that, I'll work hard and try to complete V2 before the deadline.

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:10 PM

At 9/23/12 05:27 PM, TheZaaL wrote: I'll work hard and try to complete V2 before the deadline.

Alright.

anthony20tyu
anthony20tyu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 24th, 2012 @ 07:45 PM

I dont really have much of a role because my audio cant even get me past blank slate and I could use some improvment....Coming here probably might get me in a collab so they can show me how it works?

BBS Signature
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 24th, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

At 9/24/12 07:45 PM, anthony20tyu wrote: I dont really have much of a role because my audio cant even get me past blank slate and I could use some improvment....Coming here probably might get me in a collab so they can show me how it works?

Well, you might want to go ask for some advice from fellow artist around the board because there will be plenty of people willing to help you with the process (you'll have to let them know what DAW your using and how long you've been at it for so people have a general idea on what you can do so far)...

But I'm sure if we have another collab where groups of people are working together, then they'll most likely help you out :).

Anyway, tomorrow is the last day of submission, so remember to submit to Chimeranoise or else risk losing your place with your submission!

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 24th, 2012 @ 10:24 PM

Hey Zelazon, can Yoshiii343 and I have the slightest bit more time? We just need to get a master done I think. I'm waiting for him to PM me back, to see exactly where we are but we're like 98% done, we might just need like at least a day and a half more? pretty please?

Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 25th, 2012 @ 12:05 AM

We are so close to finish up our 3-ways collab. I am in love with Rob's guitar-solo. I think Zaal will decide which version to submit by to morrow morning.

MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 25th, 2012 @ 03:03 AM

At 9/24/12 10:24 PM, Trampzy wrote: Hey Zelazon, can Yoshiii343 and I have the slightest bit more time? We just need to get a master done I think. I'm waiting for him to PM me back, to see exactly where we are but we're like 98% done, we might just need like at least a day and a half more? pretty please?

Yea, that's fine if it's at that point... just pm me whenever you're finished. This is more towards the people who haven't been keeping a heads up with me.

Metallica1136
Metallica1136
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Music Collab Discussion Thread Sep. 25th, 2012 @ 03:06 AM

Haha, I can't wait to hear the final project.

Searching for the answers. There's a universe inside us all. Every passing lifetime. Important as the last.