New Topic Respond to this Topic
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Elder Scrolls Online May. 5th, 2012 @ 06:15 PM Reply

At 5/4/12 08:02 PM, Tramps wrote: Here's the whole article.

Don't worry guys, any excitement I had died right here.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Elder Scrolls Online May. 6th, 2012 @ 01:21 AM Reply

At 5/5/12 06:15 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 5/4/12 08:02 PM, Tramps wrote: Here's the whole article.
Don't worry guys, any excitement I had died right here.

My soul died. How could this happen to meeeee?

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
KiDX05
KiDX05
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Elder Scrolls Online May. 6th, 2012 @ 04:18 AM Reply

It'll do okay but how it's going to play I doubt it'll be what they're hoping for a wow juggernaught.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Elder Scrolls Online May. 6th, 2012 @ 05:25 AM Reply

At 5/6/12 02:54 AM, AnonymousOfCali wrote: Well they did it with red dead redemption. And that game wasn't that far below skyrim in features.

The multiplayer on Red Dead Redemption is not an MMO. That's just bog standard multiplayer. Something like that could probably be done, but TES has always been single player experience and I imagine that most of the fan base would probably be upset knowing that some of the development time was to be wasted on a multiplayer feature that isn't needed, instead of adding to or polishing the single player element of the game.

In my opinion, the only reason you'd add on a multiplayer element to the game would be to cater to all FPS gamers that can't see the fun in a single player experience. I believe the new God of War game is essentially doing just that.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Kytraal
Kytraal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Elder Scrolls Online May. 6th, 2012 @ 05:28 AM Reply

Not even the lore is correct. Nords allied with Dunmer, I mean really?

Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Elder Scrolls Online May. 12th, 2012 @ 01:44 PM Reply

Heh, making a prequel MMORPG for your franchises. Maybe this is becoming the new fad in gaming.

"Even death can be overcome"

BBS Signature
hitman1993
hitman1993
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Elder Scrolls Online May. 12th, 2012 @ 05:47 PM Reply

Anybody get the new Game Informer? I read the entire ten or so page story and I have to say it doesn't seem that bad anymore. I suggest reading it.

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 10:48 AM Reply

I can understand why having more bloody adventurers around would somewhat undermine your adventure when you know other people are doing the exact same shit as you. Also their fucking annoying in wow when they mine all the ores, harvest all the herbs and kill all the wandering beasts first.

Also the quests cant really be all that unique, like oblivion's thieves guild quest which results in you stealing one of the elder scrolls wouldn't make much sense if 100 other people also did it after you.

but other than those two I don't see why else the game would be that bad. The perspective you play in should really be first person because no idiot played in third person for morrowind, oblivion or skyrim apart from idiots who wanted to see their asses. And the combat should really be like the past three games, you click you attack, not an auto attack with fucking abilities Bar like WoW.

Although maybe having an auto attack would be fine since even in morrowind some enemys took fucking multiple sword hits, like about 50 and it can get tiring but it should be optional.

Of course you cant pause to look into your inventory or change spells but that just means more reason to have potion and magic quick selection.

And if they can actually make the world too feel real and alive rather than just some game world would be important for immersion, WoW may have been better if nature had a few less fucking enormous trees but instead a lot more small trees and bushes rather than a flat landscape.

BBS Signature
homor
homor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 07:27 PM Reply

I'm cautiously optimistic.

From what I've seen from the trailers, it seems to look and play like an Elder Scrolls game and it seems to have a lot of it's own originality, but i'm still worried it might be shitty like SWTOR.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
Raab
Raab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Sep. 4th, 2013 @ 08:12 AM Reply

I got a beta key in the mail this morning.... anyone else?

Elder Scrolls Online

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Sep. 5th, 2013 @ 12:09 AM Reply

At 9/4/13 08:12 AM, Raab wrote: I got a beta key in the mail this morning.... anyone else?

I got one too. I don't even think this crumby laptop I use can run it, lol. Guess I'll find out Friday.

Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Sep. 5th, 2013 @ 10:42 AM Reply

At 9/5/13 10:24 AM, IdiLogicSavant wrote: It's class based i'm not playing.

Would you expect anything else from a fantasy MMORPG?

"Even death can be overcome"

BBS Signature
Raab
Raab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Sep. 6th, 2013 @ 09:13 PM Reply

At 9/5/13 10:54 AM, IdiLogicSavant wrote:
At 9/5/13 10:42 AM, Mismo wrote:
At 9/5/13 10:24 AM, IdiLogicSavant wrote: It's class based i'm not playing.
Would you expect anything else from a fantasy MMORPG?
Yes I would.

so far the game is extremely shit.

I mean.... its beta and all.... but its still terrible.
Guild Wars 2 makes this game look like a joke.

BBS Signature
Natick
Natick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Nov. 20th, 2013 @ 04:58 PM Reply

just received a beta key this morning and activated it this afternoon

now to start writing a checklist on all of the things this game will have to do come within 15 miles of even being considered to compete with world of warcraft

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: Angel's Egg

BBS Signature
Natick
Natick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Nov. 20th, 2013 @ 06:52 PM Reply

At 11/20/13 06:19 PM, IdiLogicSavant wrote:
At 11/20/13 04:58 PM, Natick wrote: just received a beta key this morning and activated it this afternoon

now to start writing a checklist on all of the things this game will have to do come within 15 miles of even being considered to compete with world of warcraft
Have fun if the game is enjoyable i might look past the fact that it's class based and actually get it myself.

i wasn't impressed by the demo at quakcon tbh and the fact that it's monthly subscription based is already a turnoff to me but we'll see what happens this friday

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: Angel's Egg

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Feb. 8th, 2014 @ 06:51 AM Reply

Anyone have opinions on the beta? It feels fairly mediocre, but the world is interesting and it would keep me playing... if not for the $60 + $15/m cost. Way overpriced in my opinion.

kmau
kmau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Feb. 8th, 2014 @ 07:15 AM Reply

At 2/8/14 06:51 AM, Makeshift wrote: Anyone have opinions on the beta? It feels fairly mediocre, but the world is interesting and it would keep me playing... if not for the $60 + $15/m cost. Way overpriced in my opinion.

It's a watered-down Skyrim with useless auto-aim bow combat. I'm not a fan of TES but I can see where the appeal of these games come from and literally all of that appeal is gone in TES Online.

BBS Signature
PandaZombie
PandaZombie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Feb. 9th, 2014 @ 10:28 AM Reply

Bitch please I'm BETA testing the dang thing

I...I don't know what to put...

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Feb. 9th, 2014 @ 03:27 PM Reply

At 2/9/14 10:28 AM, PandaZombie wrote: Bitch please I'm BETA testing the dang thing

Like most other people...
Anyway, according to @LiquidFire the game is meh and from what I've seen, it looks like a Multiplayer Skyrim, which just seems plain lazy to me, Skyrim already has shitloads of content for me to enjoy, I'd rather not spend my money on this, I may give it a go, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem worth more than a month or two of paying for.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!----You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
PandaZombie
PandaZombie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Feb. 10th, 2014 @ 12:15 PM Reply

:: Like most other people...

Anyway, according to @LiquidFire the game is meh and from what I've seen, it looks like a Multiplayer Skyrim, which just seems plain lazy to me, Skyrim already has shitloads of content for me to enjoy, I'd rather not spend my money on this, I may give it a go, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem worth more than a month or two of paying for.

Yea it was ok but I didn't get around a lot but I guess it's cool that they have made places like Blackmarsh and Elswyr, that no body has ever been to in a game before, open is pretty cool.

I...I don't know what to put...

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Feb. 10th, 2014 @ 04:02 PM Reply

At 2/9/14 03:27 PM, darkjam wrote: from what I've seen, it looks like a Multiplayer Skyrim, which just seems plain lazy to me, Skyrim already has shitloads of content for me to enjoy

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard about the game...

Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Feb. 10th, 2014 @ 05:15 PM Reply

LOL I forgot about this thread.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Feb. 11th, 2014 @ 03:19 AM Reply

At 2/10/14 04:02 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 2/9/14 03:27 PM, darkjam wrote: from what I've seen, it looks like a Multiplayer Skyrim, which just seems plain lazy to me, Skyrim already has shitloads of content for me to enjoy

Why don't you explain why it's so dumb to think that way and why it isn't a multiplayer skyrim? Instead of just going "That's a dumb thing to say lel".

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Feb. 11th, 2014 @ 03:25 AM Reply

At 2/11/14 03:19 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 2/10/14 04:02 PM, Makeshift wrote:
Why don't you explain why it's so dumb to think that way and why it isn't a multiplayer skyrim? Instead of just going "That's a dumb thing to say lel".

Because I don't care enough to explain why. Also Darkjam says stupid stuff all the time. Should be pretty obvious why what he said is dumb.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Feb. 11th, 2014 @ 03:41 AM Reply

At 2/11/14 03:25 AM, Makeshift wrote: Because I don't care enough to explain why. Also Darkjam says stupid stuff all the time. Should be pretty obvious why what he said is dumb.

Don't post if you don't care about it. Also, if it's so obvious then there was no reason for you to point it out. No need to go on a witch hunt and call people dumb just because you hold some sort of a grudge against a person on the internet.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Feb. 11th, 2014 @ 01:02 PM Reply

At 2/11/14 03:25 AM, Makeshift wrote: Because I don't care enough to explain why. Also Darkjam says stupid stuff all the time. Should be pretty obvious why what he said is dumb.

Considering Liquid has played it, and from what I've seen in demos and videos, I can say what I want about it, besides learn to respect other opinions, it's like you think your always right and if anybody does go against you, they're wrong.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!----You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Feb. 11th, 2014 @ 10:05 PM Reply

I played the beta 3 times and hated it

Raab
Raab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Feb. 12th, 2014 @ 08:22 AM Reply

At 2/11/14 10:05 PM, 372 wrote: I played the beta 3 times and hated it

this.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Feb. 18th, 2014 @ 09:15 AM Reply

At 2/9/14 03:27 PM, darkjam wrote: Anyway, according to @LiquidFire the game is meh and from what I've seen, it looks like a Multiplayer Skyrim, which just seems plain lazy to me, Skyrim already has shitloads of content for me to enjoy, I'd rather not spend my money on this, I may give it a go, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem worth more than a month or two of paying for.

While I do still believe this, I am sort of liking this game more, ever since I saw footage of a siege, I might just get it then, who knows.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Elder Scrolls Online Apr. 19th, 2014 @ 05:16 PM Reply

Has anybody played it yet?

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66