New Topic Respond to this Topic
Hancack
Hancack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
The U.S. doesn't use Constitution 2012-05-03 12:20:05 Reply

Okay I was in my U.S. History class the other day. There's this one kid with aspergers in there who is super right-winged. One day he said that the U.S. doesn't even use the Constitution anymore. I was like what are you talking about? The Constitution is still a major part of American law making. He told me that I was just ignorant of the world. He never explained his point, but I bet there's at least someone here who agrees with him. Has the U.S. gotten rid of the Constitution in any way?

BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The U.S. doesn't use Constitution 2012-05-03 13:35:42 Reply

At 5/3/12 12:20 PM, Hancack wrote: Has the U.S. gotten rid of the Constitution in any way?

work in progress. give it 20-30 more years before it finds its way into a landfill.

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to The U.S. doesn't use Constitution 2012-05-03 14:14:01 Reply

At 5/3/12 01:35 PM, Korriken wrote:
At 5/3/12 12:20 PM, Hancack wrote: Has the U.S. gotten rid of the Constitution in any way?

Really the constitution is just a document that defines the powers of the three branches of government. The only "rights" listed in it are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The framers of the constitution realized this and added the bill of rights amending the constitution. There are various laws that expand or restrict government power beyond the constitution itself as well as controversial things that take away certain rights for certain people (abortion and state executions being two of the biggest and most obvious) which may be what your friend was referring to or he could just be some nut that hates the U.S. government no matter what they do like Korriken and Angry-Hatter and morefngdbs. And I really hate to say this because I know that you'll mostly just get answers like Korriken's but this really should have been asked here since that's really what that thread is about.

work in progress. give it 20-30 more years before it finds its way into a landfill.

That's bullshit and you know it Korriken.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to The U.S. doesn't use Constitution 2012-05-03 14:53:16 Reply

Tell your classmate that he's full of shit until he gives you a why. A conclusion without even the framework of a reason is nothing other than pure bullshit.