Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
An Epic Battle Fantasy idea 2012-05-03 07:12:18 Reply

Hey guys. Name's Troisnyx, and I'm a regular at the Audio Portal/Forums. I know some of you may feel uneasy with a person new to the Flash forums giving ideas, but please, hear me out.

I'm bringing up this idea after getting a heads-up from HalcyonicFalconX. This was initially in my news posts.

Three years ago, on 1 May, the first Epic Battle Fantasy game was released. (Yep, it turned three not too long ago). Now I know there are a lot of people who at least enjoy playing the games, if they're not entirely fanatical about it.

So what say we come up with remixes (and gather the old ones), come up with fanart (and gather any old ones), etc., etc., someone put it into a neat little Flash, and we get it done by 31 May (or even 1 June)? Just as a tribute.

Now I know collabs like this have been done in the past, but hey. Collabs are fun.

I have asked over at the Audio Portal if anyone would like to join me in making remixes of the game's music; any genre is welcome. I have also asked at the Art Portal whether anyone is up for some fanart.

Right now I'd like to ask -- is anyone up for the Flash-making?

If anyone needs visual ideas, I'll be glad to supply one, and then you may build it up from there. Please let me know; I'll be glad to hear from you guys.

PSvils
PSvils
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to An Epic Battle Fantasy idea 2012-05-03 13:14:54 Reply

It would be better to simply post this in the collab forum, where people who are down to collab look for stuff.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to An Epic Battle Fantasy idea 2012-05-03 17:49:23 Reply

At 5/3/12 01:14 PM, PSvils wrote: It would be better to simply post this in the collab forum, where people who are down to collab look for stuff.

I wonder.... I'm just a bit skeptical. I've received word from the Audio Forums that it's not the best place to look.
But I'll try there too, and see what happens. Thanks for the heads-up.

In the meantime, if anyone else would like to take part, please, do let me know. : )

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to An Epic Battle Fantasy idea 2012-07-17 07:09:47 Reply

Alright, we're back now to bring this topic up.

I'm not simply bumping it, because we at the Audio and Art sides of the Forum have all agreed that this discussion should be continued here. The audio section is almost complete, the art section is still taking submissions, and we all thought, it's best to talk about how this thing will be presented.

Now we've gotten word that EBF4 would be out this September. We have about two months to finish this. Essentially this is going to be a tribute Flash, talking about the game, linking to the games and the people behind them, and featuring artwork and audio remixes from fans. This thing already has a nod from Matt and HFX, and Matt has talked about the collab over on DeviantArt to bring people here.

I'll come up with a visual example soon, but if anyone has any visual examples, you're most welcome to post them in this thread.

What I'm imagining is this âEU"

Menu Screen (will likely have the title Epic Battle Fantasy Third Anniversary Tribute)
Subsections
1. Something about the games (previews/synopses? of all the EBF titles from 1 to Adventure Story)
2. Something about the people behind them (Matt and HFX. This should perhaps link to their FB, Twitter and DA?).
3. Fanart Gallery. This is going to store all the art pieces made by us fans. Many of them can now be found in the Art Portal version of this thread.
4. External links (to the games themselves and to the OST download pages).
5. I'm not sure whether this next thing should be a subsection in its own right, or not. We need a music player. Now I guess one could have a music player in all sections of this thing... It'll show the title, the person who remixed it, and the game it originally came from.

I'll ask people over the Art Portal whether anyone's up for drawing stuff for the Flash.

So, two months. Lots of support. Let's go!

stratkat
stratkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to An Epic Battle Fantasy idea 2012-07-30 15:24:02 Reply

Bump, srs we got some killer artwork and music already for this.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to An Epic Battle Fantasy idea 2012-09-29 10:40:22 Reply

Uh...hi there.
I just PM'd the collab organizer (Trois), and she's still looking for Flash animators (and Flash programmers, perhaps?) to help with this collab. It's more of a tribute to the EBF series.
The relevant information can be found 2 posts above this one.