Be a Supporter!

Epic Battle Fantasy idea

  • 9,097 Views
  • 100 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea May. 30th, 2012 @ 10:44 PM Reply

Got 2 work in progress fan art :)

I notice that the canvas size was 720x540, so them white spots will be there for now until I paint over them later.

This one is the EBF boss, the poisonous barfing desert worm thing.

Epic Battle Fantasy idea


BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea May. 30th, 2012 @ 10:46 PM Reply

This one is fan art on the characters.

Epic Battle Fantasy idea


BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea May. 31st, 2012 @ 07:52 AM Reply

At 5/30/12 10:44 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Two posts on artwork in progress

I'm absolutely loving what you've got. :D


AMDG ✝

Troisnyx [TWRA-nix]: Someone from whom you can find wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

BBS Signature
Madame-Meepers
Madame-Meepers
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 1st, 2012 @ 01:53 AM Reply

@Zanezansorrow

Darn, those are good drafts that I can't do properly. Ah well... Here's my progress. This one is Matt in the Chinese costume. I'm pausing this one for a while to focus on the easier ones because this and 3 more are gonna be high res. Plus, there's the issue of putting them in landscape form. And of course, backgrounds. I officially suck at backgrounds...

Epic Battle Fantasy idea

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 07:16 PM Reply

At 5/31/12 07:52 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
At 5/30/12 10:44 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Two posts on artwork in progress
I'm absolutely loving what you've got. :D

Thanks

I may change this color scheme or change something, but not sure what.

Epic Battle Fantasy idea


BBS Signature
Madame-Meepers
Madame-Meepers
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 4th, 2012 @ 01:41 PM Reply

After 5 days of non-stop working, I've finished my first fan art. Sorry is it's not de-chibi-fied but it just popped into my head.

Following Your Star

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 4th, 2012 @ 07:54 PM Reply

At 6/4/12 01:41 PM, Madame-Meepers wrote: After 5 days of non-stop working, I've finished my first fan art. Sorry is it's not de-chibi-fied but it just popped into my head.

Following Your Star

Oooh, awesome! :D And I'm getting the impression that "star" in "following your star" sounds like it fits the Kirby Air Ride context.


AMDG ✝

Troisnyx [TWRA-nix]: Someone from whom you can find wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

BBS Signature
Madame-Meepers
Madame-Meepers
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 5th, 2012 @ 04:01 AM Reply

At 6/4/12 07:54 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
At 6/4/12 01:41 PM, Madame-Meepers wrote: After 5 days of non-stop working, I've finished my first fan art. Sorry is it's not de-chibi-fied but it just popped into my head.

Following Your Star
Oooh, awesome! :D And I'm getting the impression that "star" in "following your star" sounds like it fits the Kirby Air Ride context.

Wut?? I don't know. I'm not familiar with Kirby because I didn't grew up with Nintendo. O_o Well, it's more like No Legs' star acting as a beacon to me and everyone else would realize that they have their own "stars" within and decided to follow it.

Madame-Meepers
Madame-Meepers
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 02:49 AM Reply

Here's a preview of the next one. It's only a part of it since I drew big before I crop. I hope to be able to finish this one, then I can just move onto the Chinese costumes.

Epic Battle Fantasy idea

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 07:21 AM Reply

At 6/5/12 04:01 AM, Madame-Meepers wrote:
At 6/4/12 07:54 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
At 6/4/12 01:41 PM, Madame-Meepers wrote: After 5 days of non-stop working, I've finished my first fan art. Sorry is it's not de-chibi-fied but it just popped into my head.

Following Your Star
Oooh, awesome! :D And I'm getting the impression that "star" in "following your star" sounds like it fits the Kirby Air Ride context.
Wut?? I don't know. I'm not familiar with Kirby because I didn't grew up with Nintendo. O_o Well, it's more like No Legs' star acting as a beacon to me and everyone else would realize that they have their own "stars" within and decided to follow it.

The "stars" in Kirby Air Ride are what the contestants hop on to, and use to fly around and race each other. The drawing reminded me of that. A lot. : )


AMDG ✝

Troisnyx [TWRA-nix]: Someone from whom you can find wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

BBS Signature
matt-likes-swords
matt-likes-swords
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 05:34 PM Reply

Heya buddies.

Just to clarify, EBF4 won't be out for at least 3 months.

As usual I'll have a fanart gallery in the game itself, so some art can show up in there as well.

Also, I can make a front page post about this project at some point, but you guys will have to tell me what information you want me to put in that.

Er... I think that's everything I wanted to say.


BBS Signature
Madame-Meepers
Madame-Meepers
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 7th, 2012 @ 01:43 AM Reply

At 6/6/12 07:21 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
The "stars" in Kirby Air Ride are what the contestants hop on to, and use to fly around and race each other. The drawing reminded me of that. A lot. : )

Ooh, I see. Then in that case, I get your point. When is the exact deadline for this tribute?

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 7th, 2012 @ 06:54 PM Reply

At 6/7/12 01:43 AM, Madame-Meepers wrote:
At 6/6/12 07:21 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
The "stars" in Kirby Air Ride are what the contestants hop on to, and use to fly around and race each other. The drawing reminded me of that. A lot. : )
Ooh, I see. Then in that case, I get your point. When is the exact deadline for this tribute?

For the art and audio sides, 30 June. After this, all of us go in full force to the Flash Portal and ask that someone help us assemble the final product. Now, at the time I started the collab, Matt said that EBF was due "in three months", meaning somewhere in August. The best thing for us to do is to hopefully get this in time for the release of EBF4.


AMDG ✝

Troisnyx [TWRA-nix]: Someone from whom you can find wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

BBS Signature
Madame-Meepers
Madame-Meepers
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 8th, 2012 @ 02:09 AM Reply

At 6/7/12 06:54 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
At 6/7/12 01:43 AM, Madame-Meepers wrote:
At 6/6/12 07:21 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
The "stars" in Kirby Air Ride are what the contestants hop on to, and use to fly around and race each other. The drawing reminded me of that. A lot. : )
Ooh, I see. Then in that case, I get your point. When is the exact deadline for this tribute?
For the art and audio sides, 30 June. After this, all of us go in full force to the Flash Portal and ask that someone help us assemble the final product. Now, at the time I started the collab, Matt said that EBF was due "in three months", meaning somewhere in August. The best thing for us to do is to hopefully get this in time for the release of EBF4.

30 June... Meep! That's like 3 weeks left! I've a bad feeling that I won't be able to finish those Chinese costumes in time. Ok, maybe only one but it's portrait form...

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 8th, 2012 @ 06:27 AM Reply

At 6/8/12 02:09 AM, Madame-Meepers wrote: 30 June... Meep! That's like 3 weeks left! I've a bad feeling that I won't be able to finish those Chinese costumes in time. Ok, maybe only one but it's portrait form...

I'll be honest, I have two EBF art submissions too, but whether I can finish them in time is another story -- I need something to scan them with, first of all. Colouring won't take me too long.


AMDG ✝

Troisnyx [TWRA-nix]: Someone from whom you can find wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

BBS Signature
Madame-Meepers
Madame-Meepers
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 8th, 2012 @ 08:05 AM Reply

At 6/8/12 06:27 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
I'll be honest, I have two EBF art submissions too, but whether I can finish them in time is another story -- I need something to scan them with, first of all. Colouring won't take me too long.

Oh well, I'll still attempt to finish them and put'em up anyway...

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 8th, 2012 @ 08:14 PM Reply

At 6/6/12 05:34 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote: Heya buddies.

Just to clarify, EBF4 won't be out for at least 3 months.

As usual I'll have a fanart gallery in the game itself, so some art can show up in there as well.

Also, I can make a front page post about this project at some point, but you guys will have to tell me what information you want me to put in that.

Er... I think that's everything I wanted to say.

Cool

Feel finish on this, gonna go on with the next fan art that I posted earlier.

Epic Battle Fantasy idea


BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 9th, 2012 @ 05:39 PM Reply

I will need to wait until I SCAN this (and all my other pictures) for me to be able to continue, but this is what I have, from my end.

Natalie with a staff, Regice (which I sometimes tend to pronounce like "Hedge Mice"), and Registeel. Unfinished.

Epic Battle Fantasy idea


AMDG ✝

Troisnyx [TWRA-nix]: Someone from whom you can find wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

BBS Signature
Madame-Meepers
Madame-Meepers
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 03:29 AM Reply

Ooh... I'm almost done with that preview... I'd say around... 80% done? By the way, the art I recently put up is according to 720x540 (with enlargements) and thus should be able to size down in ratio.

Madame-Meepers
Madame-Meepers
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 01:47 AM Reply

YES! Finally did it after 1 whole week! Here's my next fan art!

Genesis

Cheers!

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 04:29 AM Reply

At 6/13/12 01:47 AM, Madame-Meepers wrote: YES! Finally did it after 1 whole week! Here's my next fan art!

Genesis

Cheers!

Stunning, I like the depiction. : )


AMDG ✝

Troisnyx [TWRA-nix]: Someone from whom you can find wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 05:12 PM Reply

Scanned version of the unfinished lineart I captured the other time.

Epic Battle Fantasy idea


AMDG ✝

Troisnyx [TWRA-nix]: Someone from whom you can find wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 05:14 PM Reply

The first EBF artwork I intended to do, and the first I showed to HFX. Should I continue with this? :/
The costumes were inspired by Forever Kingdom (Evergrace II), the dance by Final Fantasy X, and the other things you see in the picture have been used by a whole lot of JRPGs.

Epic Battle Fantasy idea


AMDG ✝

Troisnyx [TWRA-nix]: Someone from whom you can find wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

BBS Signature
Madame-Meepers
Madame-Meepers
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 02:28 AM Reply

Hmm... Well, if you have the time, you could. I'm just gonna continue with the earlier one despite knowing I may not have enough time.

Madame-Meepers
Madame-Meepers
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 12:34 PM Reply

Is anybody here? It feels very quiet at the moment. I know everyone's busy and all. I know I'm back on working that Matt in that Chinese armour after a break- Ok, fine. I didn't take a break. I was stuck playing Papa's Wingeria by Flipline Studios. Seriously, once you start in any of those games, you'll be addicted.

So, my main question is... Any progress from anyone?

MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 12:38 PM Reply

At 6/19/12 12:34 PM, Madame-Meepers wrote: Is anybody here? It feels very quiet at the moment. I know everyone's busy and all. I know I'm back on working that Matt in that Chinese armour after a break- Ok, fine. I didn't take a break. I was stuck playing Papa's Wingeria by Flipline Studios. Seriously, once you start in any of those games, you'll be addicted.

So, my main question is... Any progress from anyone?

I've never played Epic Battle Fantasy. This thread brought it to my attention actually, I might try it.

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 01:05 PM Reply

At 6/19/12 12:34 PM, Madame-Meepers wrote: Is anybody here? It feels very quiet at the moment. I know everyone's busy and all. I know I'm back on working that Matt in that Chinese armour after a break- Ok, fine. I didn't take a break. I was stuck playing Papa's Wingeria by Flipline Studios. Seriously, once you start in any of those games, you'll be addicted.

So, my main question is... Any progress from anyone?

I'm working on a Anna portrait. I still have other work in progress arts too.

I gotta remember to shorten the leangth of those fingers later >3>

Epic Battle Fantasy idea


BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 01:20 PM Reply

At 6/19/12 12:34 PM, Madame-Meepers wrote: Any progress from anyone?

There is from me at the very least; I've begun colouring. Now, at the rate things are going, I might only be able to finish the drawing with Regice and Registeel in it. Still, one submission's better than nothing; I do realise I've got audio to handle too.


AMDG ✝

Troisnyx [TWRA-nix]: Someone from whom you can find wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 09:59 PM Reply

At 6/19/12 01:05 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: I'm working on a Anna portrait. I still have other work in progress arts too.

I gotta remember to shorten the leangth of those fingers later >3>

And now I'm done with the Anna portrait.

Epic Battle Fantasy idea


BBS Signature
MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Epic Battle Fantasy idea Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 10:34 PM Reply

At 6/19/12 09:59 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
At 6/19/12 01:05 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: I'm working on a Anna portrait. I still have other work in progress arts too.

I gotta remember to shorten the leangth of those fingers later >3>
And now I'm done with the Anna portrait.

Hand looks a lot better, do you think the pinky finger should be a little smaller though?