New Topic Respond to this Topic
jg970459
jg970459
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
New video player is being weird. May. 2nd, 2012 @ 07:21 PM Reply

When I watch a flash with the new video player that NG is using, I get a blackscreen with the sound. So essentially I can listen to the videos I just can't watch them. Which is silly, any idea how to fix this?

I have up to date flashplayer, java, and activeX, So I know it's not that, plus if I had out of date flashplayer I wouldnt hear the video either, which I can.

Could be A problem with the player itself?

jg970459
jg970459
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to New video player is being weird. May. 2nd, 2012 @ 08:36 PM Reply

bump

Matthii
Matthii
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to New video player is being weird. May. 5th, 2012 @ 07:22 AM Reply

same problem

Penis.

auriplane
auriplane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Programmer
Response to New video player is being weird. May. 5th, 2012 @ 08:01 AM Reply

This happens to me if I pick fullscreen, but otherwise it seems to work.

Hey, do you have AdBlock installed? I remember reading that the player didn't work right with AdBlock. But I don't know much about it, myself.

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to New video player is being weird. May. 5th, 2012 @ 06:17 PM Reply

Everything worked fine for me just a few hours ago. But now I have the same "black screen" problem. Doesn't matter if I turn off the URL filter, or if I turn on auto play... the screen stays black in Opera. Just tested it with chrome, there it seems to work fine... I just don't want to use a different browser, just to visit NG. :(

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to New video player is being weird. May. 5th, 2012 @ 06:20 PM Reply

Double post, just to add: The flash is being loaded (I can see that on the status bar), but there's absolutely NO flash element visible on the site. If I right click into the black screen, I just get the normal context menu (the one with Copy link, save link as..., etc) and not the one you normally get when you right click in a flash movie.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to New video player is being weird. May. 5th, 2012 @ 06:51 PM Reply

At 5/5/12 06:20 PM, Haggard wrote: Double post, just to add:

Triple post to add: I cleared the cache of my browser, restarted it, and now the flashes are working fine again. o_O